Packgoater

Junkyard Dogs

Zara walked in front of the other dog. She led her back to camp on a difficult route with lots of twists and turns, so "Kayleth" could not find it again. When they reached Shadowpack camp, all the dogs stared at her. When they recognized the Junkpack smell many looked ready to attack. Zara gave them all a look and called out "Frost, we have a visitor!"

Kaala glared at Minn as she stalked away she brushed her tail on the ground as she sat beneith the old building, she sat straight, her ears erect Kaala glared down at the Omegas, she despised their lazy and care-free attitude, it was almost dawn and she always had her pack hunt only at night when it was cool and sleep through the hot days. her pack always seemed the worst off of the packs she looked down at a couple of dogs that where fighting over an old mouse carcass.

Minn sat down, she went over to where the Omegas slept, they where not aloud to sleep in the dens, they had to sleep on a flat slab of stone that was open to any weather that may pass over. it was clear now, but Minn sensed something on the air so she settled down against a rock that provided little shelter. she curled up and watched the other dogs in the pack.

(i would love more Pack members :3))

Earl nodded as Victoria passed her information on to him, keeping pace by her side. Some of it he had already guessed, and he didn't need telling twice to keep away from Ty's spot. He nodded when she asked if he had questions, replying, "What's the history on this Shadowpack? What's being done to neutralize the threat?"

Victoria stopped again and looked upwards in thought. They had circled around the junkyard and were once again besides the pile devoted to the Gammas' sleeping area. At the mention of Shadowpack, the she-dog's golden eyes swiveled to the side to observe Earl thoughtfully. "As far as I know, the Shadowpack is a savage group of dogs intent on displacing the Junkyard pack to take the territory as their own. They are cruel, merciless, and do things solely for themselves," she explained slowly, her voice retaining the usual steady and distant tone. After a moment, she added quietly, "They killed Ty's first mate a few years back." In that moment, she recalled her session with the Alpha the night before in his bus, and wondered what exactly was going through the Doberman's mind.

"Ty spoke to me last night about potentially sighting them again, so the threat is new. So far, I don't know much more other than he plans to train the dogs and increase patrol," she said, turning to glance up at the Gamma's trash mound. Her sofa was there, on its side like usual. She noticed the old leather she'd been chewing on the other morning had vanished, most likely the victim of a sneaky canine. She dismissed this crime with a simple blink before gracefully ascending pile by leaping from the top of a broken washing machine to the flattened ledge of a metal sheet. Although the action might have been catlike, her movement was more powerful and rigid rather than lithe, as a dog should have been. Once she reached the couch, Victoria curled up on one end and peered down at the rugged wolfhound again. "Anything else I can answer for you?"

((I tried to expand on the map a little bit. It is by no means, accurate. http://i53.tinypic.com/foof1t.png))

Keesha finished and sat a moment to look at the dog in the water. "I want to go home, I miss my family" it said. "I know, I am in the same crate, sister" she replied. The two of them stared at eachother, looking for support. Eventually, she tore away and checked around her little camp for something to eat. A while ago, she had managed to trap a mouse behind the dumpster. Her muzzle was to big to fit through the margin between dumpster and wall. Still, she stuck her snout in and shifted back and forth to locate the mouse. It huddled in a corner and Keesha huffed before turning to leave.

She wriggled through the hole in the fence and walked right, towards the pack territories. No matter what conditions were, the most she was built for was a watchdog. She needed a steady supply of food, something that a prospering pack could give. As she knew it: Junkyardpack had just finished collecting members and would not start again until next month, and Shadowpack would rip her to peices for her docile nature. However, there was a rumor of a new pack; one called TallStone Pack. It was just started and probably had little to no members. The group would start as an intimate collection of dogs and perhaps one day grow to the size of Junkyardpack. In her mind, Keesha wanted to be part of the small group. Once it grew to any more than seven, she would leave and resume her post at her new home.

Keesha was little known among any of the loner dogs. She had always kept to herself, and lived off of mice and birds. Perhaps she would some day gat a small recognition for her mice killing skills, but not today. She was now only a house away from the main road. Keesha turned and headed towards the field, where the new pack was said to live near. Once she got there, Keesha timidly stalked around the houses and kept her head at an extreme low. Her glossy coat and show-dog appearance portrayed her as easy pickings, and that was close to the truth.

Earl's surprise at what Victoria had said about Ty's mate being killed was dulled as he watched her easily leap up to an upturned sofa. He couldn't help but be captivated by her grace and intelligence at times--he hadn't been this unbalanced around a female in a long time. He lowered his nose, looking away from her for just a moment to take back his thoughts.

"I'd like to talk to the Alpha about preparations, I think I have some ideas that might help." He grinned up at her and affected a shallow bow, his front legs splayed out straight in front of him. "In the meantime, I'll leave you to your rest."

"We shall prepare for war, my sister. I want Ghost here now. As beta she needs to start up a few patrols, get my pack fed. I need the Omegas to be training, get that taken care of, Roe. I'll be training myself, I need to work up to my full capability before I go into battle. I want everyone on a patrol or training, Roe. No exceptions," he barked, leaping down from his bus. He needed to train. He started to lap the junkyard, racing around it's edges until he had to stop. Then he took some large chunks of leather and started to chew them, getting his jaw muscles to build up. Lastly he would take apart a few couches, practicing techniques to fight an enemy.

Luli sullenly walked back to her sofa cushion in between Kaden and Kelley. She had tried to get the dirt off of her, but was not very successful. After several attempts to get the stuff off of her, she had finally given up and resigned herself to looking like a feral dog. She didn't know why the dirt bothered her so much; it never had before as she had hunted and lived out in the wintery forests of the north with her old master. Luli just plopped herself down on her cushion, dropped her head onto her front paws, and sighed.

Snips was suddenly woken up by movement on the plank. He opened his eyes to look at Chloe and saw that she was frightened. "What's wrong?" he asked her.

Chloe heard Snips talking and looked over at him embarrassedly. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you. It was just a bad dream, that's all." she said and looked away, surveying the land around them, trying not to let Snips see how embarrased she felt for waking him.

"No, don't worry about it," Snips replied. "I'm used to it. Luli has nightmares basically every time she goes to sleep. Or I guess I should say, she has the same nightmare over and over. She's woken up screaming before when it's been really bad. It's kind of strange that she keeps having the same one."

Wulf walked with his tail tucked in, his ears pressed flat against his head. Like other dogs, he had heard rumors of Tall Stone pack, a new and strange pack that seemed to have risen into the area. The Malamute cross trotted over towards an alleyway, catching the scent of mouse. As he realized there was another dog there, he froze. He slowly peeked his head around the corner. He watched her, his eyes flickering with curiosity. He was a shy little dog, his tail tucked between his legs. He wanted to go and sniff and see who this was, but he hid instead. He didn't know why, but he did. Two ears and two eyes, one blue one brown, were the parts of Wulf that were visible, and just barely from around a wall. The scent of male dog was still caught by the swift breeze, wafting towards the she-dog.

Chloe looked over at Snips. "That stinks. I wonder why." She said sadly. She got up and moved closer to Snips, feeling safer that way. "Poor Luli..." she whispered.

((I am trying to think of how Keesha would fit in a pack. I think that she would never ever end up in one if I am sticking to her personality. I don't want to change it, because that seems wrong, but I can't RP by myself... O.o))

(thats a good personality for an Omega of the Tall Stone Pack, considering their condition....))

Kaala snarled as she heard something in the direction of the feild, at first she thought it might be a rabit or a stray deer, she was starving and went to check it out, she was surprised to see a dog, it looked as lowly as an Omega, Kaala, as leader leapt in front of it, "What are you doing in Tall Stone territory!" Kaala growled at it. Kaala lifted her head high and pointed her ears, her tail was erect in the stance of an Alpha.

Minn was surprised to see Kaala leave and decided to go see what was going on, Kaala padded across the stone area that they called a Den site, She leapt over the fallen stones in the direction of the field, Minn looked over the side of a tiney wall, afraid of what the Alpha might do if she saw her here.

(no Keesha, she just went from the field in the last post, i am just replying to that, and i have no idea who Wulf is O.o))

((He's a character I just posted as before I got confused. Okay. His form is on pg.17, if you want to know what he looks like, I posted a link on one of the more recent pages. ))

Wulf followed the dog to the field, not quite sure where she was going. He had heard that the Tall Stone pack lived around here, but why was she not with them, or why was she going to them? Maybe she was joining. That was an interesting thought. Wulf slunk along behind her, flattening his belly to the ground. He yelped as a large dog jumped right up in another dog's face. Covering his muzzle with is paws, the weak male dog stared up at the other dog that appeared to be an alpha.

Minn saw another dog that Kaala didn't seem to notice, Minn sneaked over to the other dog, "hey" Minn whispered when he was in earshot. "come here!" Minn whispered, she didn't want her Alpha thinking they where being raided by these dogs so she had to make shure the the other one stayed out of sight, she was looking at him from behind a rock.

(Minn is talking to wulf :3))

With Dusty no longer in the picture, Soldier was now able to join Tall Stone pack. Soldier padded as quickly as she could and finally she was at the edge of the border, unsure of what to do, should she just barge in or wait at the border?

Keesha yelped and pranced backwards. She hated this, sure she was on their territory, but could they try to be subtle. She crouched to a new all time low and made herself look innocent. This dog was obviously an alpha, or atleast a gamma. Her next words came out in a jumble. "I'm sorry, sister. I just wanted to join a pack, there were rumors. Are you mad? I can leave! Please don't kill me!". Keesha added a few whimpers for emphasis. One of her feet was stretched out in front of her, while the other was tucked into her chest. Her head was nestled in between the two with her eyes shut tight. Her tail stuck at an awkward 90 degrees inwards, toward her head. It was some sort of strange dog grovel.

Wulf quickly slid over to Minn, hiding behind the rock. He cocked his head. "Aren't you one of Tall Stone's members? Why are you helping me? After all, I am trespassing," he woofed softly, his tail wagging. He looked at her with one blue and one brown eye, staring intently at this dog. He had gotten himself into this mess. He wasn't even sure he wanted a pack! Wulf shook his head. Of course he wanted a pack. He had just been abandoned today and didn't really know how to hunt. He needed a pack to teach him these things. All he knew is that he needed to show respect to these dogs so he could join them.

Coruki yawned. "I guess we can sit here for a bit. Rest for a while."

She looked at Skyla, troubled. "We are allowed right? I barely understand any of this. The other packs I examined had no rules and that's why I didn't like them. But this one does and I feel out of it because I don't know them. Everything backfires on me. Always."

Skyla looked over at Coruki. "I'm not sure... I really don't know any of the rules either, I'm just going with the flow." she said, laying down. "Oh well, If we get yelled at, I'll just say I made you stay here so you won't get in trouble."

Kaala growled, "i don't kill other dogs unless i have to, and obviously your not a threat, so i will allow you to join, for now." Kaala growled and lead the dog to the Densite "Say what are you called?"

Minn watched, "i don't want to see a fight, if Kaala feels threatened in any way she will attack and if there is two dogs cowering at her feet it will just make her angry" Minn watched as they left, "that dog will probably end up as an Omega, the Alpha chooses new pack member's Rank by how it presents itself to her, and that was defiantly an Omega thing." Minn didn't need to whisper now, after all Kaala didn't hear that well in the first place, she sometimes had those times where she couldn't hear at all.

Soldier paced at the egde of Tall Stone's border, and then made up her mind. She placed a paw on tall Stone's land, and a shiver went down her pelt. She then continued, right left, right left. She was going to the den site of the pack, would they be mad? She douted it, but still, she had to show respect. She was nearing the densite, She could feel the perscense of other dogs.

Kaala sniffed the air as she picked up the preasence of yet another dog, she bounded over the hill, "stay here" she said to the dog, "i'll be back" Kaala leapt over a rock and onto the ground where this new dog was, "HEY" Kaala growled and leapt on it pinning it down "is this some kind of raid, one after the other!" she growled into its face, she didn't hurt it yet.