Packgoater

Junkyard Dogs

Chloe followed Snips through the twists and turns of the old construction site until they climbed up on to a plank. Snips stopped and announced, "Here we are. Isn't it wonderful?"

Chloe's eyes widened. "Wow..." she said in awe as she looked around, taking in the sites. "This is amazing." She walked over to Snips and sat next to him, waiting for the sun to rise.

Hopping onto the bench, Swift-Eye tucked her forepaws under her chest. I could spy on Shadowpack for the Alpha! I can create chaos for them. Leaving then with a spy in their midst would surprise them. Swift-Eye cackles.Working her old injured leg, she yelped when it had gone farther than the limit would allow. Working through the pain, she stretched it to it's full mobility, which pleased her.

((hey! is my form accepted? and what should i do, because i got no other dogs in my pack :/ if needed i can post the forms again i beleve they got stuck on page 17 :/))

"Yes, it really is amazing," Snips replied, looking up at Chloe. "I found this place shortly after I started living on the streets. Not many other creatures come around because they're all afraid that the sink hole will swallow them alive. But it's mostly settled in and hasn't stirred for years." Snips smiled as he saw the sky start to turn pink. "I'm happy you came with me here Chloe."

Skyla walked back to Coruki and sat down. "Nothing really, I just decided to follow you since I was bored." she said and yawned. She bumped Coruki playfully with her shoulder. "So... What do you want to do?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chloe looked over at Snips and smiled. "I'm glad I came too." she said and laid down on her stomach, resting her head on her paws and looked up at the pink colored sky. "What if the sinkhole did start up again? Would we get sucked in?" she said curiously. She didn't mean to say it, it just came out.

Edited by angelkay

"I doubt it. I've been up here countless times and it's never done anything. It just sits there like an old, extinct beast with a huge mouth. If the humans were really worried about it expanding, I seriously doubt they would've built a city around it. They just won't try to build anything on top of it." Snips replied as he gazed on the sunrise. It was extraordinary. Snips had seen sunrises before, but there was something about watching it with someone else, especially a pretty lady, that made it all the more wonderful.

Chloe laughed and watched in awe as a beautiful array of colors began to light up the morning sky. She had seen the sunrise a million times, but watching it with Snips by her side made it feel special some how. She sighed happily, watching the sky illuminate with colors such as blue, purple, orange, and pink. This really was what she had been born to do, join a group with a few other dogs, hunt or steal food, sleep in alley ways, It really was paradise in her mind.

Victoria nodded her head at Earl before glancing back at Ty to catch the alpha's gaze. "Thank you again, Ty," she said simply, before bowing her muzzle to the Doberman and turning to face the newcomer again. She didn't feel any different in a higher rank. Perhaps she had always acted like she was Beta- that might have been what confused Earl in the first place, but it was merely Victoria's nature. She wondered if the other dogs would try again to breach her anti-social behaviors as they did when she had first come to live in the Junkyard, especially now that she really couldn't turn them away. It would be difficult, having to adjust.

When earl stood, Victoria started forwards at a smooth trot. Dust swirled slightly at her paws as she veered around a large mound of trash and turned to face a mountainous range of junk piled high like walls. "This is where the majority of the Gammas sleep. You're welcome to claim whichever nook or cranny that suits your liking, but you may have to push another dog out for it." She shrugged- she had once displaced another dog for the couch she liked to lay on. "Or, if you feel creative, you can make your own." She paused one moment longer before taking up her swift stride again to travel alongside the garbage piles. When she reached the end, the Rhodesian indicated the smaller heap with a tilt of her silver cranium. "Omegas are only allowed to sleep here. Catch one on the Gamma's side, punish as you see fit." Her bright eyes observed the dogs already snoozing inside the trash, but she had no intention to wake them.

Since the Junkyard was rather large, it was another minute or so before she reached the next destination. It was a dense mound of junk with a deep cavern dug into its middle. "Although there haven't been any in a while, this is where the pups are born," she noted. She had personally never seen a dog give birth at the Junkyard yet, although a litter had been born shortly before she arrived. Victoria had never been fond of the idea of pups, especially given what she had to go through if she had ever decided to carry them. And now, given that it could be a time for war, she was determined to see that no pups were to be had until everyone was safe.

The steely she-dog glanced at Earl. "Bathrooms are on the boarders of our territory. Generally we hunt when told, but if you bring food back for the others, we leave it by that post." She waved her snout towards an old wooden stake by one of the walls, where a pile of bones and fur was rotting. "And as I'm sure you already know, the old bus there belongs to the Alphas, and no one else is allowed inside unless granted permission by Ty." Or his mate, whomever the next one may be, she added silently. "Any questions?"

(Packgoater, if there's anything you'd like me to change, just lemme know C: )

((This is based off of my own dog.

Name: Keesha

Breed: Mainly Keeshond-Corgi mix

Appearance: Keesha stands tall at 2 feet, and submissive at 16 inches. She usually stands with her head inches from the ground. Her body is a base of brown with white 'socks', belly, throat, and 'collar'. She also has black markings on her muzzle and ears. http://i54.tinypic.com/2wfoetw.png

Gender Female

Personality: Keesha is shy and cautious. She would quite happily sniff another dog through a fence, but she would tuck her tail and trot away at an actual encounter. She is always nervous and cautious.

Mate: None

Pups: None

History: Keesha used to live with her mother in the home of some humans. She was the runt of the litter and they chose her to keep out of the 6 other pups. For a long time she was able to live in their large yard and learn the basics of being an up-town watchdog. She could effectively bark, chase, defend, and query about other dogs; but through a fence. On one night while it was storming, she and her mother escaped the fence. Ruby was caught the following day, but Keesha made off without realizing the harsh existence before her. For weeks on end, she traveled while a good portion of the town was notified to her position. Eventually, she lost herself in the maze of the city and was given up on by her devastated owners. Keesha has an odd tendency to groom herself, and she loves killing soft things and holding them in her mouth. She now finds refuge in a dirt alleyway surrounded by sheds. http://i52.tinypic.com/a2aryo.png

Introduction Paragraph: Keesha woke to the soft rocking of her trash can. The black surface reflected heat towards her, keeping her bed warm in the crisp air. She yawned and stretched out her forepaws and hind legs. When she walked out, she could see that nothing had been disturbed. There was her rainwater trough to the right, the pile of planks up ahead, and an enormous dumpster pressed against one of the grey brick walls. Behind her was a tall fence that had a gap only small dogs could fit through. Keesha padded silently over to the trough and began lapping up the water that a drainpipe so generously deposited. A distorted version of her small rounded face smiled up at her as she drank. Its black muzzle gently collided with hers as she looked down into the big, brown, probing eyes.))

Edited by ArchiosLukos

((Which pack is Keesha in? May I highly recommend the Tall Stone pack? Territory and description is on p. 17. Otherwise, she's accepted. @Scott, yes you are accepted. Keep in mind the factor of starvation is huge in the city, for every pack. @ Haze, looks good to me!))

Ty smiled, clearly meaning that she deserved this. He sighed as she and Earl went off. Was Ghost attracted to him? I looked- no, no it really didn't. She was taking on the duties of a beta, showing a fellow dog around. Ty shook his head. He needed to stay focused. Victoria's preference of which dog was none of Ty's business and he shouldn't be interested in that right now, especially if this was a time of war.

Kelley walked back into camp, stretching out his legs. He walked over through another alleyway, finally finding the thing he was looking for. An old, shattered mirror. As usual he groomed himself, biting off ticks and clumps of mud. If he had water he would bathe in it, but as that wasn't the case, he had to groom himself like this. The Akita was very meticulous, never missing anything. When he walked back into the alleyway he was clean again, barely a spot on him. He had found an old sofa a few alleyways back, pulled off a cushion and dragged it over here, He lay on it, his eyes showing his pleasure. Finally everything was good. So good.

Edited by Packgoater

((The People's Eyebrow! lol))

Luli followed Kelley back to the alley they would all be living in for a while. But the Akita didn't stop there; he went into another alley adjacent to theirs and searched around for something. Curious as to what he was up to, Luli peeked around the corner to watch him. A few minutes of searching and he found what he seemed to be looking for: an old mirror. As Kelley started to groom himself, Luli tilted her head and lifted her left "eyebrow" ((I guess brow, idk)) in confusion. Then she tried to look back at her own fur. It wasn't as white as it used to be; dirt and grime from the streets had turned parts of it slightly brown. Suddenly Luli felt self-conscious about her looks. She longed for a bath deeply.

As they reached their alleyway, Kaden walked back over to his comforter bed and laid down. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Luli doing some weird turning of her head, but he decided to ignore it. He had gotten himself in enough trouble with her today already.

Zara saw her chance and jumped on it. "Would you like me to go back to my camp to get you some healing herbs?" Zara asked the dog. She knew the dog was trapped. If she refused to accept help, Zara would know that she was faking being in pain. If she accepted and then ran away, Zara would track her down. This was becoming very interesting.

"No get away!" Chloe yelled as she ran. She looked back and saw two gruesome creatures chasing after her. "Please! Stop!" she yelled helplessly, looking around for help. All she saw was a barn, old an rotting, with some dogs living inside it. The creatures headed for the barn, and that's when it clicked. Chloe darted for the things, wanting to rip their heads off. "Don't touch my family!" she yelled as she pounced on one of the creatures. Suddenly, the other creature took out a knife, and threw it at Chloe-

Chloe's head darted up, looking around frantically. She was still at the old construction site with Snips. She sighed. "Good. It was only a dream..." she thought to herself, laying her head back down on her paws.

Soldier hated waiting. She decided she would just go ask sombody else for help. Soldier had herd of a new pack forming, Tall Stone pack, She would go there and join. But what is to become of her kitten, Dusty? As if on que she heard a meow. A mother cat was coming her way.

"Ms. cat," Soldier began politly, "Are you missing a kitten?" Soldier said, in hopes she was the mother of Dusty.

"Um, actually dog, i am missing two of my kittens, have you see them?" She said.

"Actually, I found your kittens outside of my house, but one was dead." Soldier said with a sad voice.

"Its okay, where is my other baby?"

"She is under here." Soldier plucked Dusty from the crack and placed her at the cat's paws. "I hope you don't mind, i named her Dusty.

"No problem at all, sugar! Its a fine name, our former owners called her Fluffy, i like this name better!" The cat said

"I'm so glad i could help." Soldier said

"Thank you so much." the cat said The cat flicked her tail in farwell and left the fountain

((I had to get rid of her somhow))

"Alright. I will go with you to your camp." Getting up, Swift-Eye yelped as she put pressure on her leg. Lifting it, she saw a shard of glass in the pad."Rac-drops! At the worst time, I get hurt." Grabbing the shard of glass, she tugged at it, popping it out of her pad. Yelping, Swify-Eye dropped the shard. Licking her paw, she watched as the blood stopped flowing. Keeping her leg off the ground, Swift-Eye stood."Let's go."

((LOL! shelbell my dad always used to call me fluffy but recently he's started calling me dusty! have you been spying on me? :P))

Roe stretched out her front paws and yawned widely. It was full dark and it had been a long day. She couldn't sleep yet though, she had to make her report to her brother. She shook her head in an attempt to clear it, her ears flopping from side to side. Roe had always hated her floppy ears in contrast to her brothers neatly spiked ones, she thought they made her look soft, but her father, before he died, had told her that they made her look like her mother. That always gave Roe a warm feeling in her stomach whenever she thought of it.

Roe yawned again and trotted off to find her brother, her fluffy tail wagging involuntarily behind her. She found Ty with minimal difficulty and sat next to him. "Report from my patrol alpha; the number of strays in the area seems to have risen dramatically recently. There's a group of them staying not too far from the dog park, based on scent."

"There seems to be a new pack. I can only assume we haven't heard of this before is because their territory is based in a hazardous area. There is a far amount of scent marks, so I don't think is a brand new pack."

Roe stared off into the middle distance, her last piece of information was the most important, but she knew it would both upset and anger her brother. Taking a deep breath she continued, "I'm sorry to say this Ty, but the Shadowpacks return is now confirmed. There's no mistaking their scent and violence in the area has increased exponentially." She paused for a moment to gauge Tys reaction, "what shall we do brother?"

Edited by Chiaki