lycrawaterz14

Monster Hunters 1x1 with me and ND...

Iso pulled out a small orb, and put her finger on it.

"Location." She demanded. The orb showed a storm cloud.

"Well. That's helpful. Victim." The orb zoomed in on a little girl, brushing a horse. Iso nodded, and put the orb back in her cloak, setting out to the barns. After getting bored of that, she muttered a quick spell and was standing beside Zsalin.

"Got them to listen?" She asked, heading toward another barn.

"I have to the victim's location... so if we protect her we should see the cause of the slaughter."

(Wow... I sorta forgot my char's name it's been so long... xd.png)

(( xd.png Guess we have to pay more attention on the RPs we're in. ))

Zsalin blinked as the girl, Iso, appeared beside him. A magic user, it seemed, yet he didn't really care or found it interesting. "Of course not," he grumbled the small charms clinking together. He only paid half attention to her words of finding the victim's location, though it did irritate him somewhat. What if it was one of many victims? Yet, he said nothing about it. "We're out of time..." he said softly. The wind had picked up tremendously, and the temperature dropped several degrees. The dark clouds were upon them, so thick that it blocked all light out, sending the ground underneath into a night feeling.

Then, came the rain.

It came down in buckets, blurring the world in torrents of falling droplets. The buildings nearby seemed to be colored blotches, and moving shadows of people rushing in for shelter were all that could be seen. A roll of thunder rumbled in the sky, but it sounded more like an earthy growl than thunder. The priest's fingers tightened around his staff, muttering something under his breath, but the rain drowned out his words. "They're here..."

Iso hissed, and lifted up her hood.

"Can you see anything?" She demanded. "One of the victims was a girl with a horse. She was outside, and the horse was old, so look for a little girl leading a gray horse!" She said, trying to adjust her hood better.

Zsalin growled as the woman demanded more things from him. "All I see is an annoying lady who needs to wear more clothes! Edtrata!" Slamming his staff into the ground, a strange light surrounded him, the rain bouncing and sliding off of the light shield. Then he ran, off to look for this kid and the horse.

Sliding in the mud, he spotted the girl and horse- but also something else. "Grali!" The charms clicked together as an invisible force hit the large winged creature, knocking it aside, giving the girl and the horse enough time to escape into the barn. The creature was large, bigger than the horse was, with wide wings and a long neck. He couldn't make out much of it besides that with the downpour. It growled, leaping at the priest, who battered it aside with his staff. Yet, he didn't see the tail, which whipped him hard over the head, nearly knocking him off his feet, saved for the mud which sucked him into the ground than anything else. He growled back, readying his staff, blinking water out of his eyes for his shield ended when he attacked the creature.

Iso tried to follow, but couldn't see anything either. She barely made out a shape in the storm, but it was the preist being thrown around. Iso began slinging mud, literally, so she could attempt to see the thing a bit better. "What is it?!" she asked the preist, pulling out her orb. She muttered something, and a streak of lightning shot out at the thing.

"How the hell am I suppose to know?" Zsalin yelled at Iso. Her question was ridiculous. Yet, lightning shot out at the winged creature, which dodged it quickly- right at the priest. A loud twack sounded as the man got the creature upside the head, knocking it off to the side. Yet, a snarl came from somewhere, and he saw a blurred shadow behind the girl. "Behind you!" he hollered at Iso, before he was occupied with the winged creature, who got his legs with his tail, sending him down into the mud.

((feel free to run the creatures. They're pretty much just winged lizards with an attitude. ))

(Naw... I don't do flyin stuffs...) Iso turned and punched the thing in the nose, before another well aimed lightning strike. "Dang. Those things are annoying." he snorted.

((Lol, okay))

The monster recoiled as it was punched in the nose, before taking the lightning bolt head on. It yelped, before taking flight, disappearing into the clouds. Zsalin growled, whacking the creature near him again, sending that one up in the sky also. There was a scream from one of the nearby buildings, before a crash, resulting in a creature soaring up out of a ceiling carrying something in its claws. "Rendsol protect me," he muttered through gritted teeth, his staff glowing eerily before picking up a small rock. Tossing it in the air, he swung his staff, connecting to the rock with an earsplitting crack. Glowing brightly, it flew straight at the creature, getting it in the side, causing it to drop in elevation, but it recovered quickly. "Get it!"

"No! It could carry a child!" she huffed, before striking it with a brown streak of lightning. The lizard turned to stone, and sunk to the ground.

"I know that! But it has to-" Zsalin's call was cut off as something landed hard on his shoulders, causing his legs to crumple under the weight, before he was lifted off the ground, claws digging into his shoulders. "Oi! Let go!" He smacked the creature under the jaw, only to have its head snapped down and take hold of his staff, resulting in a tugging match between the priest and the winged creature. His free hand turned white hot, and he smacked the creature hard, its flesh sizzling before the screech drowned it out. He was let go- only to drop over twenty feet into the mud, his legs sliding out from under him. There were more than one creature now- more than a dozen- flying down out of the clouds, and even more bursting out of the barns and houses, carrying people or other small creatures in their grasp. Some of the people still standing came running out, fighting the creatures that had stolen their children, trying to get them back.

Zsalin pushed himself up, his staff coming out and getting a creature over the back, before another ran right into him, sending him half flying, half sliding, right towards Iso.

Iso started throwing knives, hitting most straight in the temple. She struck the lizard holding Zsalin with another gray bolt, turning it into a statue. Only one lizard flew away without at least one knife in its head. "You alright?" she asked coldly, breaking the statue's arms off a little girl that had been captured.

Zsalin slid once more, falling right into the mud. He was mostly mud now- there was no part of him that was clean anymore. "I'm just dandy," he growled, rising up to his feet, his fingers digging into the wood of his staff. "I'm sick of all this..." The priest was glowing eerily, his robes rustling with a breeze not caused by the present wind. A vicious snarl came from his throat, scales creeping up his hands and arms as his eyes narrowed, snake-like. Conjuring a dark substance between his hands, he threw it up into the sky, sending it right into the clouds. At first nothing happened, then loud screeches of agony sounded. The creatures began raining from the sky now, their flesh burning and melting away by the acid, their wings crippled. One fell nearby, and the priest walked over, sharp claws growing form his scale covered hands, before stabbing the claws down into the creature's skull, silencing it for eternity. "Buggers," he growled, walking over to the next one.

Iso began looking for survivors among the corpses, completely ignoring his transformation.

The clouds had started to disperse, and the last of the fallen winged lizard creatures had been given their sentence by the hands of the priest. Zsalin sighed, his brows furrowed in a tired look as he turned, walking over to Iso, his fingers slowly returning back to normal. "Any luck?" he murmured, his voice sounding fatigued. He used up more energy than he should've- there was more enemies than usual as well. Perhaps these monsters have started to gather in order to thwart hunters? He ran a hand free of claws and scales over his face, trying to wipe some of the mud off, only succeeding in smearing it. He was covered in head to toe in brown muck, with flecks of red blood, especially around his hands, although a few trickles of blood came from his face where he got clobbered with a tail and his shoulders where he was grasped and lifted up. Iso seemed...cleaner. The priest frowned at that, but said nothing.

"Only a damned chicken." She said, and threw the thing. Its wings caught its fall, and it started pecking.

"A little boy was the only fatality I could see. And your clothes." She sighed. "You didn't have to kill them..." She said, frowning.

Zsalin watched the chicken catch itself, before landing on the ground and pecking joyfully, as if nothing had happened. "One person, huh...?" He frowned, his eyes trailing from Iso to the nearby barns. People had started to come out, and from the gazes that came their way, they weren't very happy with the outcome. "They would've come back if they lived," he said simply. The charms on his staff clicked together and he turned, letting out a long sigh. "Well, might as well get going...the next thing I'm worry about is trying to keep my back away from those peasants. They aren't too happy." With that he began walking away, sliding slightly in the mud.

"Saved them, but it wasn't perfect like they'd wanted it to be." Zsalin let out a deep sigh. "They're all the same- they want someone to save them, yet they do not comprehend the messiness of it all. And when someone get injured or dies, they blame it on the hunters for not being quick enough. It always has to be someone's fault." Shaking his head, he looked down at himself and sighed again. "I really need to wash..."

Zsalin frowned, turning his head to look over his shoulder at Iso. "Who said that you could follow me? I didn't ask you to be here." He shook his head, grumbling under his breath, but kept it to himself as they walked through the small village and out onto the muddy road that led straight out into the plains and disappeared over the horizon. "At least you could put more clothes on..."

"...shut up." The girl growled, and put back on her hood. "At least you can stop being so... scaly." she retorted.

Zsalin wrinkled his nose, scowling darkly at the mention of it. "I have no control over that," he snapped. "At least you do." The town started to get smaller as they left it behind them, moving through a seemingly endless plain of tall grass. Somewhere past the horizon was a city- one that he could get clean in. Yet, it would be a few hours, and past dark when that happened, and there'd be more monsters along the way. "Peachy.."

"Actually I don't. It's none of your buisness." She shot, glaring her eyes. She hid her skin from the sun, putting on gloves before she returned them outside of her sleeves.

"If it's none of my business, then stay out of mine," he scoffed, shaking his head. The clouds had long been left behind, but the sun was starting to set, and with a constant, small breeze, the mud began hardening, keeping the moisture in his clothes, making the priest more irritable. "Why are you going this way, anyway? I don't need some pest following me around like a lost puppy." The charms on his staff clinked together as he hit it against the ground rather hard as he spoke, his footsteps remaining constant though.