toxicneon

Game of Thrones

Exactly. Like, girl, he's bringing you an army. All you have to do is go on to Westeros. You know, your homeland and your initial goal. Hell, she could've even arranged to have all of her people shipped of. 50 000 + 10 000 unsullied + every person in Meeren, and probably a big number of escaped slaves + three dragons big enough to ride = she would've probably be able to get an army over 70 000 people strong, and her dragons are worth as much, if not more. And of course, Aegon would be waiting for her with the Golden Company - that's ten thousand knights more and hundreds of elephants. And, at the same time every the only existing army was the Tyrell's. She would've won without a problem.

That's the most frustrating thing, really. She had it all ready.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

I'm used to not expecting much excitement from Jon's chapters. I like the guy, but he's not the most interesting one of the lot. However, I agree Tyrion just gets annoying.

Edit:

@PointOfOrigin. Exactly dry.gif

Edited by Isuzu

Dany, Dany, Dany *shakes head* She really is too young to see what's right for her. I mean, I get that she wants to save all the slaves and whatnot, but she's just one person, even if she has three dragons (that necessarily don't do much but roar around and eat everything xd.png). No one person can rule over everything known to man o.0 It's wrong, it's dictatorship, and it's not going to work. So just get yo ass back to Westeros and rule over those countries.

I just got to the point where Dany left Meereen (Drogon involvement). I can't wait to read on, but those boring Theon and Jon and other pov-s are inbetween >>

I actually really enjoyed Theon's chapters in Dance. After wondering for 2 books where he'd vanished, Reek was definitely not what I was expecting to find.

Edited by Isuzu

Yep, there's much more things happening in Theon's POV. We hear about Stannis, Roose (and I like him a bit more, ever since he talked about his first son), Lyanna and Brandon... Jon's chapters, from the other side, are pure filler.

I actually really enjoyed Theon's chapters in Dance. After wondering for 2 books where he'd vanished, Reek was definitely not what I was expecting to find.

Major feels:Theon, my name is Theon. You have to know your name.

Actually, I found myself really enjoying all the Greyjoy POVs in Feast and Dance.

But man, Asha is completely not what I expected in the TV series, as little as I watched season 2. First of all, changing her name to Yara, because Asha is too similar to Osha(?) is dumb. Secondly, she neither looks like I expected, nor did she show any of the wittiness of Asha in the books.

Priest is a bit boring, but the rest of them are nice. And, I still hate what they did with Asha.

Major feels:Theon, my name is Theon. You have to know your name.

Dem feels T.T

The Greyjoy POVs are definitely fun to read. I agree with PointOfOrigin that Aeron is pretty repetitive, but the others are really interesting.

And yeah Asha's really weird in the show. Why they chose to completely re-write her character is beyond me. But then again they also made Renly a stereotypical fairy back in season one so I can't really say I'm surprised.

I'm hoping that Asha will get her chance to shine. And why do the producers think that people are that stupid?

Renly was supposed to be a fun ride, complete contrast with Stannis.

I'm not sure what we got instead.

Renly was supposed to be a fun ride, complete contrast with Stannis.

I'm not sure what we got instead.

We got medieval yaoi and a sister who encourages said yaoi. 'nuf said.

We got a guy who was nothing like a younger Robert who all the ladies loved, had no little to no backbone and didn't eat peaches.

I know I might be exaggerating here, but Renly was the change from book to show that pissed me off most. I liked Renly sad.gif

We got medieval yaoi and a sister who encourages said yaoi. 'nuf said.

The yaoi was the only part they didn't change much actually xd.png

Edited by Isuzu

Actually, it wasn't until I read the books the 3rd (?) time when I noticed that they're gay. It was much more subtle in the books.

It's subtle because we never really had any POVs close to either of the two, but it most of what we saw of their relationship is pretty much implied. Margery shipping them is the only thing that's not official, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least since she seems to be very close to Loras.

But that brings another point. Am I the only one who thinks it's weird we never got a Tyrell POV? All the big players have either a direct POV, or the POV of someone very close to them, yet we don't really have either for the Tyrells. One could argue Cersei is the King's Landing POV, but she isn't exactly the best for insight on the Tyrells.

Edited by Isuzu

Yaoi is more noticebla in later books.

Jaimie: "or I'll stab that sword somewhere even Renly couldn't find" - quoting from memory, so exscuse me if it's wrong.

I want Ollena POV, and that's it!

Oh well. That at least mrans that they have bigger chances of survival.

But seriously, I guess we don't have their POV because of the same reason we don't have Littlefinger's or Varys's - it would ruin the mistery.

“Now sheathe your bloody sword, or I’ll take it from you and shove it up some place even Renly never found.”

--SoS, pg. 698

smile.gif

Yeah, that remark pretty much spelled it out xd.png

Ollena is definitely in the same caategory as Varys and Littlefinger (characters who know too much), but Loras or Margery would've been interesting. Especially Margery.

I think George said we won't get any new POVs, but who knows.

Close enough smile.gif They have to put that in the series. Please, please.

Unless we count preface and epilog, no we won't be getting any new characters. But then, he also said that there would be just three books.

You kidding me? Margaery also probably fits in the too much category, what being Ollena's protege and the only member of her family that she has high hopes for xd.png I feel that the only safe family member is Mace. But then again, his POV would probably be lacking some details.

Sadly, I'm not sure how they'll incorporate that line, since it was made pretty clear last season that Loras blames Stannis and not Brienne. Unless maybe he goes into a "You should've protected him" tirade or something.

"Some" details is an understatement xd.png. He probably has no idea what's going on in his family.

Wasn't it said in that context? I remember Loras being angry then admitting that she probably didn't do it and then being angry again because she failed to protect Renly.

Well, to Mace, Loas is a shiny night, Margaery innocent and good little girl, while Olenna is an harpy. That's all he needs to know xd.png.

I think that Garlan would be a comfortable middle ground for a POV character.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

All I remember is that he was convinced Brienne was to blame for Renly's death and she had to explain what happened and the he got angry because she failed to protect him. Can't really remember when Jamie threatened him though.

You're right. I completely forgot about Garlan xd.png

Alright, notes:

Poor Arya. Although, I would've preferred it if Grey Wind's head was actually sewn. And, Arya got started on her badass road.

Loved, how ladies reacted to Podrick xd.png

I'm really glad that they included Joffrey getting his ass handed to him.

For some reason, the whole scene with Ramsay was bit ridiculous.

And, now I'm off to find the awesome song from the ending.

Yeah, Greywind's head looked weird.

The scene with Ramsay was definitely ridiculous. Except for the part when Reek was "introduced". I liked that part. They could've skipped the sausage.

Tywin Lannister: sending the king to his room with no supper xd.png

I missed Maester Aemon so I'm really happy we got to see him again xd.png

The ending song was epic, but I just feel a bit underwhelmed about the ending scene. Season one we got dragons, season two we got White Walkers, I'll admit I was expecting Coldhands for the season three finale.

I had a feeling that they got a stick through Rob and attached the wolf's head to it.

I also liked that, but sausage was really a bit too much. Kind of hard not to giggle.

And then I had to laugh at the scenes at Pyle.

And Asha was awesome. First time her character shined through biggrin.gif

If it wasn't for the song, the last scene wouldn't be nothing special, it should've probably been made longer and with more shouting, and the lifting of Danny looked to much like something outside Step Up, or High school musical.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

Yeah looked like a stick to me too.

I lost it a Balon's reaction (or lack thereof).

It's nice though, that Ramsay finally stopped being "Boy" so it's not really a spoiler anymore to refer to him as Ramsay.

Step Up really does make a good comparison xd.png

I'm interested to see where they're taking Shae's story. Also if we'll ever see Gendry again.

And sticks remind of Vlad Tepesh and his way of excecuttion. Not a pretty image.

And Asha's reaction... It was like "not another penis in the box". She looked like she was used to it.

Roose: "He's a bit special in his ways". I'd say more than special. Ramsay's like a combination of large ham and a psychopat.

I think I've got an idea. You know how they never broght up Tysha in the series?

I'm voting for Gendry somehow endig with Saladhor and traveling to Braavos.

I know, I was expecting Asha to at least blink or something xd.png

And sadist, don't forget sadist.

They did. Way back in season one when Shae is first brought to Tiryon's tent, he tells her the story of his first marriage as far as I remember.

Possible, though if I were him I'd just stay as far away as possible from anyone who has more than one name xd.png