toxicneon

Game of Thrones

At least I can spend the time musing on how I'd like Joffrey to die.

Oh there are just so many possibilities, each one more delightful than the last. Hope its humiliating!

Oh there are just so many possibilities, each one more delightful than the last. Hope its humiliating!

I thought that Joffrey's death was more interesting than the Red Wedding (minus that stunt I hope they'll do after that), partially because of whose viewpoint it's told from. And, yeah, also because of the cross-reference to something else in the series, and the foreshadowing of it, at least in the books.

If he doesn't die in the last episode this season, he should in one of the first episodes of season 4.

ETA: Basically, having read the books, my feelings about reactions from people who've only seen the series are perfectly summarized with this. ;D

user posted image

Edited by lightbird

I just love to run around the internet and watch all reactions - it's especially fun, since everybody in my house watches it, but I'm the only one who read the books.

From the previews it looked like Jamie makes it to King's Landing next episode (way to early but whatever), so you might get your wish smile.gif

I wonder how Tywin will react...

"So you don't have a hand anymore. Good, now you can stop playing Kingsguard and take over as heir of Casterly Rock"

Ok, he doesn't say that, but he does want Jamie and only him to inherit Casterly Rock, even though he's a Kingsguard.

To be honest I would have thought that if Tywin (as Hand) could force someone into the Kingsguard, he could just force them out again.

Isn't that what they did to Barristan?

Edited by Fortune86

Not really. Only Joffrey has that power. The Kingsguard respond to the Kingand only him. Ser Barristan getting "fired" was already a never heard of occurrence since a Kingsguard serves for life, regardless of age or any physical problems.

Oh, I guess that makes sense.

Thanks for answering all these questions. I'd be so confused otherwise.

No problem smile.gif I understand how these details can be seriously confusing.

I like discussing these things so I'll happily answer any more questions you have.

Well the questions I really want answers to can't actually be answered yet as the book series isn't finished. xd.png

I'd guess so.

Oh one thing I suppose I could ask. The white walkers. Do they come south of the wall anytime soon?

Martin's been hinting that in the next book they'll have an qxtive role.

If Jamie is coming home in the next episode, Joffrey's wedding should also be there.

But...but Oberyn Martel isn't there yet sad.gif

I don't think the wedding will happen til season four. At least neither previews, nor the synopsis hint to the wedding being next week.

Yeah. I guess they are messing with the timeline again dry.gif

Oberyn. And the Sand Snakes. Somehow, it seems that Sarella will be the most awesome one.

Maybe they messed with it so Jamie can be there so Oberyn gets his *ahem* request granted xd.png

I'm actually curious how they'll do the Sand Snakes in the show. I've got a feeling they'll just nix the younger ones (maybe except for one, who seems to have more of a role in the sixth book), but I really hope the older ones will be all there. And I agree, Sarella is probably awesome.

All in all, can't wait for the Dornish people to make their appearance.

Ahahaha. Cersei would slap both of them xd.png

Well, Ellaria's Snakes are literally kids, as in under eight years old, so I doubt it that they'll show up. But Obara, Lady Nym and Tyene will probably have a huge role in future. And of course, we can't forget Lady Lance biggrin.gif Sarella could possibly be the person that will tie Night's Watch and Daenerys's plot lines.

I wonder which weapons will Loreza and Obella use.

We already have:

Obara: spear and whip

Nym: daggers

Tyene: poison

Sarella: bow and arrow

Elia: lance

So that might leave sword and I dunno, those neat curved blades the Dothraki use? (I know they have a name but I'm currently sleep deprived so I'm forgetting stuff) Never mind, I remembered: Arakh.

Or axe? Now that's a creepy image xd.png

Edited by Isuzu

Dorea is using a morning star and Lady Nym us good with blades not just daggers.

Warhammer would be awesome.

Sand Snakes? o.O

That's it...I'm buying the books.

Well when I get some money anyway.

Edited by Fortune86

Dorne in general, is made of awesome. I mean, house Martell's words are: "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"

Well, you could always go to a library. Or, you could cheat a bit, read them now on the internet and buy them later when you are able to. As long as Martin gets paid his dues it's fine.