toxicneon

Game of Thrones

Compared to the old one I definitely like him more. But I still dislike the character xd.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think in the books he does know.

Yes on both accounts.

Anyone know a good place to watch Game of Thrones online? I don't get the TV at all while at home, so I need a good site to watch the episodes online.

http://www.cucirca.eu/watch-game-of-thrones-online/

There you go biggrin.gif And speaking of streaming: Game of Thrones premiere triggers a piracy craze

This season 1 tribute remix is just too great. biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif Love the soundtracks. And I think that they added at least ten new versions of Rains of Castamere in this episode.

Ahhhh. That great feeling when the little prick died. Even though I knew that it would happen.

Love the exchanges twins have with people at the wedding receptions. And, also happy that I was where Bronn and Jamie had their practice. Although a bit disappointed that it wasn't Payne. But I guess, people budget :/

And, my inner Jamie/Brienne shipper is so, so happy.

And gotta love Oberyin's hello xd.png

I loved this episode, for so many different reasons.

1) The final scene o3o

2) Jaime/Brienne shipping

3) Sansa helping Tyrion

4) Oberyn

Gotta say, even though I've been waiting for that to happen for the whole series, I'm surprised it was only in episode two! I thought it was probably going to be the episode nine shocker, especially considering what a parallel that would have been to last season's episode 9. Still, means we get more time to show the fallout, which is all to the good.

So far I'm really liking the new season, although, since I've read the books, I know what's coming and I can see myself getting pretty devastated towards the end. sad.gif*prays a later season confirms the Gravedigger theory*

Gotta say, even though I've been waiting for that to happen for the whole series, I'm surprised it was only in episode two! I thought it was probably going to be the episode nine shocker, especially considering what a parallel that would have been to last season's episode 9. Still, means we get more time to show the fallout, which is all to the good.

So far I'm really liking the new season, although, since I've read the books, I know what's coming and I can see myself getting pretty devastated towards the end. sad.gif*prays a later season confirms the Gravedigger theory*

Gravedigger theory? You mean, Hound = gravedigger? Or is it something else?

Meh. Purple Wedding happened literally weeks after the Red Wedding in the books. By the time Jaime reached King's Landing, Joffrey was already dead. And, the fact that George was writing the second episode in the season was enough of a spoiler for most people xd.png

Besides it couldn't have really happened much later in the series anyway since it sets a lot of other side plots into motion. Plots they couldn't push to season 5.

The burns thrown right and left between the different guests at the wedding. Those scenes were pure gold xd.png

I'm curious about Jamie's new "friend" though and how that will affect later events.

Did the entire Night's Watch forget about Ghost? I'm calling it now. He's out there somewhere hanging out with Benjen.

Ahhh, the snark. I think I truly loved Cersei in this episode. I just waited for her to jump across the table at Margaery and to murder her with a fork xd.png

Ohhh forgot. I have no idea who was that girl with Ramsay. And I don't think that Shae has left :/ Poor, poor Tyrion.

I remember Theon mentioning a Ramsay having a "favorite" at one point so maybe it's her. But her name wasn't Miranda as far as I remember.I just hope she's not the show's Jeyne Poole.

I doubt Shae left too.

Jack Gleeson, the actor who played Joffrey is retiring from acting, because he wants to concentrate on an academic career, I read somewhere that he's studying to be a physicist.

I understand him, besides, if he continued acting, he'd probably be forever remembered as Joffrey.

Damn that ending in the lion and the rose....certainly didn't expect Joffrey to die, lol. He had it coming, though.

But Jack Gleeson portrayed Joffrey quite well, shame to see him go.

It really is a shame. Making the whole world hate your guts with just one role says a lot about how talented he was as an actor.

Hope you guys enjoy the GoT egg this year

That episode though.....that was crazy. Thoughts on what this does to Jamie's character?

Jaime X Cersei scene? Yeah that took him a bit in the opposite direction from the one he is supposed to go. Mind you, that scene does happen in the book, but it's more consensual - in fact it's implied that the rougher sex, and Jaime being the dominant one is perfectly normal for both of them.

Mind you, normal sex for them is sleeping in Robert's bed, while Robert is there drunk on the floor, and Cersei all the while fantasizes about other people's deaths.

All in all this article sums it up pretty good for me.

Personally, that scene was horrible enough on it's own - adding rape into it went straight over grotesque and into narm territory.

Ugh, and the director feels proud about that scene.

In the book the scene was kinda hilarious, actually, what with the setting, and yes, consensual. Rape doesn't need to be added where there is none. :/

There's a GoT egg!?

And I just had to miss the first two days of the festival T.T

About that scene. I've read some reviews a while ago from people whohad seen the early screenings and they did mention that Jamie and Cersei had a "dark encounter". The was the moment I started worrying they'd changed the scene. It's a moment that's disturbingly enough in the books, but the fact that they gave it this new twist is pretty much a slap in the face to Jamie's entire arc.

Edit: and just after posting this guess which egg I got? xd.png

Edited by Isuzu

Yep. Adding rape to the series that is already chock full of it isn't really a smart move. Especially if it completely destroys characterization of not one but two characters.

And the worst thing is that they slapped Jaime's arc - one of the best arcs in the series and probably recent literature too.

As far as the other stuff goes, Podrick was adorable, Oberyn is his usual sell and I like this Daario much more then the previous one. And he doesn't share any character traits with his book counterpart. Although, Danny is already acting like a lovestruck fool :/

That's what pisses me off most the harm it did to both Jamie and Cersei.

Yeah Podrick was adorable. I genuinely felt sorry for him.

I agree this Daario is way more likeable than both his predecessor and his book counter-part. (though Groleo was still missed in that scene sad.gif), but I still don't looks forward to Dany being a starry eyed teenager around him.

Tommen got really big since we last saw him.

And can someone remind Jon he used to own a direwolf?

Groleo and his censorkip.gif were so unclassy that they became awesome xd.png And yeah, Danny is irritating. I mean, if it was any other series I'd be okay. But in GoT? No-no.

Awww, I hope Podrick survives at least in this cannon.

And yeah, I was kinda going; wait he's too old for Tommen... but then I did the math and added those four years they added in the series.

Eh, Ghost is still on the other side of the wall, in the Haunted forest. He's probably gonna show up when they go to take care of Caster's keep.

That was a confusing episode....

I'm not a fan of the Missandei-Grey Worm romance but the part with him learning English was actually really cute xd.png

Jamie and Bronn's training spot is insanely pretty.

And Ghost...what?

Weelll, it seems that from now on books are merely guidelines xd.png

And agree, I'm not a fan of the romance. Giving them more character depth is good, but doing it through romance? Boring.

And that spot is even prettier in the real life. Just far enough from the city to be secluded, but close enough to actually be able to go there, Although, it will probably be over run by tourists from now on mad.gif

But all in all, I was really giddy cause I recognized a lot of places in this episode biggrin.gif They did a good job with pyramid mending in Meeren. And btw, that and some other scenes there, took three days to be filmed, during which there were strong blasts of bura - most of the extras froze on the set xd.png (and yes, I'm full of extra stories - I spoke with quite a few of them during this year biggrin.gif Although a lot of them participated mainly in scenes with slaves).

What else... poor Tommen is really outclassed by Margaery. Also, I bet that locke was sent to the Wall by the Boltons to have a little chat with Jon. And they are obviously setting up a meeting between Jon and Bran. And I have no idea how they got both Ghost and Summer. Direwolves are supossed to be way smarter then average animals. And Summer with Bran in his body? He shouldn't have fallen for that trap.

And I'm not happy that they just got over Cersei's rape. It's like it didn't even happen. I don't see the point in that scene being there then. Unless, the directors thought that that was how it happened in the books. In which case, no just no.

And got my fill of the Jamie x Brinne. Now I'm gonna have to run on dry for the next couple of seasons I guess sad.gif Although Jaime and Tyrion were adorable in the prison cells.

And Littlefinger is finally getting his inner creepines out.

Lol warm summer desert-y setting all covered in bura. That must've been an amusing sight xd.png

No one who was an extra at the wedding? That would've been an interesting story.

You're so lucky to be there, I'm actually jealous. All I've got is the news that they're bringing the Iron Throne to East European Comic Con and I can't go T.T

Yeah, Margery totally owned Tommen xd.png. Loke is definitely there to spy/keep tabs on/get in the way of Jon. Bolton did say a couple episode ago that as a half Stark (or not so half) he's still a threat.

I'm not sure why they want Jon and Bran to meet so badly.

I agree. Okay they somehow got Ghost, but Summer when Bran was warging? That doesn't make much sense.

From what I read in some articles, they seem convinced that they made the scene play out like in the books. As in she resisted at first but then it became consensual. How Cersei yelling "Stop it" and "This isn't right" comes off as consensual though I have no idea.

No more JamiexBrienne until probably season 6 sad.gif Though I'm happy she left with Pod from the beginning.

Jamie and Tyrion were awesome. Hands down my favorite moment from the episode was when Bronn told Jamie that Tyrion's first choice at the Eyre was Jamie.

Yeah Littlefinger is going into creepy mode.

I'm kind of sad Olenna's going back to Highgarden. I was hoping they'd keep her around more.

Also that ending was really weird. The first time the wight showed up I thought it was (spoiler)Coldhands(no more spoiler). But I'm guessing I was wrong.

Edited by Isuzu

Bura is a cold and dry wind. It generally blows with 70 km/h but in some places it reaches a speed of 180 km/h. Very, very often, fast roads by the sea are closed off for most vehicles because of it. And the place where they filmed those scenes is very high up and famous for the wind. I'm honestly surprised that no one got blown off the set.

And no purple wedding stories unfortunately. Those scenes were filmed in Dubrovnik, and I'm closer to Split. Although, I've been a couple of times down there, hence me recognizing some places xd.png

Hej, I also have just that... and I can't go there (and hell, Crowley is going to be there too!). Unfortunately we aren't getting anything. And I'll never forget when they organized prop exhibitions. They were held in Northern England, as a place where they filmed it... and then they went to New York. Haven't even tried holding them here, despite the fact that a half of the series is being filmed here. And as far as comic con goes, they aren't organizing anything for it. No tour groups. If you want to go there, you have to go on your own.

How did that look anything like the books? In the books, you get a feeling that she doesn't want to have sex right then and there because somebody could see them. And she changes her mind fast. Here, she outright doesn't want to have sex.

Sniff. My shipping soul will have to make do with fanfiction. And yes, Pod going straight away with her is much more logical then her just coming upon him.

Olenna was one of the more hilarious part of this and the last season. Seriously, she made everything awesome. And now you reminded me. It was a bit weird when they played Margaery out as an innocent in Joffrey's death.

I recognized the first Walker from the second was it? Or the third season. Although, I'm glad that they are giving us more information about the Walkers. And the second Walker looked like a Voldemort xd.png