toxicneon

Game of Thrones

They already killed him. How much worse can it get?

Huhuhu.

I don't watch the series, but yeah, I hope they will pull off THAT thing.

Another thing I hope they'll do will be that with the "woman who was a fish" prophecy. ]:>

It's a shame that they changed Dany's visit to the House of the Undying in the series so much. In the 2nd book, the things she saw were twisted foreshadowings of things that would happen, including the Red Wedding. Incidentally, I noticed that it's foreshadowing only when I reread them.

Edited by lightbird

They have to do that prophecy. They've already messed around too much, with that line of events, since the Black Fish is apparently captured by the Freys.

It was so fun to reread through that part again biggrin.gif And, in the books we also got our first glance at Rhaegar and Aegon. I'm kind of disappointed with them not showing that in the books, since Rhaegar's actions started all of this.

Nope. Think about the houses and their banners; maybe you'll figure it out.

And, in the case that you don't want to, here's a spoiler:

It's Catelyn. Thoros will revive her instead of Berric, after they find her body in river that flows under the Twins.

Woman who was a fish? Woman who was a fish. Banners. Hmm.

So without looking at the spoiler, that means either Cat or her sister Lysa right? They both married out of the family and 'became' a wolf and a....whatever....respectively.

What is the Arryn banner?

Arryn's banner is an eagle. Or a hawk. Either way, it's a bird of prey. Here's the full prophecy:

"I dreamt of a roaring river and a woman that was a fish. Dead she drifted, with red tears on her cheeks, but when her eyes did open, oh, I woke from terror. All this I dreamt, and more."

I'm pretty sure the Arryn banner is an eagle.

Yeah, it's really funny how the things from the House of the Undying seem so obvious once you reread it xd.png. But then again I'm one of the people who didn't figure out Astran was Selmy until Jorah revealed his identity so I can be really dense at times...

But with that being said I was really pissed they messed up the House of the Undying in the show. How hard would it have been to bring back Harry Loyd instead of Jason Momoa, change his makeup a bit and just pass him off as Rhaegar? And no blue rose on the Wall sad.gif

Just checked. It's an eagle biggrin.gif I wasn't sure, since in my translations they sometimes use a hawk and sometimes an eagle (probably because a hawk - sokol, sounds more awesome then eagle - orao).

I'm still unsure about the part with dwarves... they could be four kings "ravishing" Westeros apart.

Eh, I don't think that Harry Loyd could also play Rhaegar. I mean, Rhaegar is supossed to be a really pretty white haired boy (to borrow from TV Tropes), and white hair looks awful on Harry.

You know, sometimes I just imagine Lyanna as being alive and kicking ass with Arya.

Well the full prophecy sort of spells it out a bit now lol.

I can't really make any comparisons to the books, but so far I'm quite enjoying the show.

Kinda hoping someone, anyone, will stick an axe in Walder Fray's face though.

As does everybody. I'm betting on Manderly - who knows, maybe a Merman does have an ax.

As does everybody. I'm betting on Manderly - who knows, maybe a Merman does have an ax.

And then free pies all around?

And then free pies all around?

I have a feeling there is a reference here I'm not getting.

He'll make a fair. The biggest delicacy will be a meat pie, seasoned with lemons. The floors will be covered with pink carpets that will suspiciously resemble human skins. A one eyed giant, surrounded by prostitutes (and some people are suspicious that those prostitutes are men and little boys) will be tied besides R'hllor's fire that'll take a face of a smiling sun.

There.

ETA: @Fortune: Frey pies. Frey pies for everyone!!!!

ETA(2): stupid censor skip. Had to replace censorkip.gif*s with prostitutes.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

Again, more references I don't quite get.

Urm. By 'Frey pies' do we mean pies made by Freys or pies made of Frey?

O.o

Erm. Ew. Was there a crossover with Hannibal when I wasn't looking?

Wait a minute...which Freys?

((There's so many of them.))

Edited by Fortune86

Ahaha. That isn't even the worst of it. Vargo Hoat (the character that initially cut of Jamie's hand; they changed it in the series, obviously) had his body parts cut off and fed to him.

Eh, I know that one of them called himself Rhaegar. Most in universe people rolled their eyes.

It's fifth book. That's why I'm not explaining anything in depth - I'd have to spoil the whole series for you; you might as well read synopsis on a wiki.

Aw man. That's forever away T-T

Oh well. At least I can spend the time musing on how I'd like Joffrey to die.

o3o

Now that is some information I like.

Is it going to be in this series?

It's in the third book, but they won't manage to squeeze it in thise season. So, next year.

Oh man it's so much fun reading all your comments xd.png I haven't seen the latest episode yet, but since I've read the books (almost done with book 5) I know more or less what happens there (even more so thanks to this thread xd.png). So yeah... Frey pies would be nice indeed laugh.gif