toxicneon

Game of Thrones

The Sand Snakes are the censorkip.gif*** daughters of Oberyn Martell. He's called the Red Viper because he likes using poisons and thus his girls, whom he trained to pretty much be like him, are Snakes. Also, since the censorkip.gif*** name in Dorne is Sand, Sand Snakes. smile.gif

Edit: Really? I can't use the b-word?

Edited by Isuzu

From the previews it looked like Jamie makes it to King's Landing next episode (way to early but whatever), so you might get your wish smile.gif

Which would be out of place because, uuuh, one other thing has to happen before that. Still giggling over his and Cersei's reunion scene in ASoS.

My local library has nothing cool in it. The only fiction books are twilight and ages 0-10 stuff.

I don't think I'd like to read them online. I kinda like the feel of sitting down with a good book you know?

I actually felt a bit sorry for Joffrey in that scene, what with him being dead and everything.

ETA: Oh well. I understand you completely. Even though I read them once online, I had to read them again with the physical book in my hands. It just isn't the same feeling.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

I don't think I'd like to read them online. I kinda like the feel of sitting down with a good book you know?

I know that feeling so much. I just hate not feeling the actual page. Plus I can never seem to focus on a screen as much as on a page.

I actually felt a bit sorry for Joffrey in that scene, what with him being dead and everything.

Bwahaha me too xd.png. I was like. "Wait! Seriously? I mean, I get it that you missed eachother, but seriously! And she's...? Woah" O.o

Edited by Isuzu

Awww. Those big eyes... who'd guess that they are cannibals?

That scene in the sept was a bit unexpected. First, Cersei never struck me as a type of person who'd forget about her dead kid even for a second, and second Jamie on his trip there showed that he actually cared for the little censorkip.gif.

But, I guess that the scene served it's purpose and that it got it's message across.

Wait, cannibals?

D:

Please don't tell me one of them eats the others!

Uh...

It's okay, I meant man eaters. No literal cannibals.

For now.

*relaxes*

Oh man, you had me scared there. The dragons are one of the best parts of the show. I'd be super unhappy if anything happened to one of them.

Eating people is okay. Not each other.

((What am I saying?))

I guess everything is allowed when you are an overgrown lizard with wings? xd.png

Define "anything happened"

Weeellll, they aren't killed, but some people are sure rooting for it.

Well the guess the peeps in King's Landing aren't too happy about them lol.

Peeps in King's Landing don't give a censorkip.gif about them. Nobles in Meeren from the other side...

Not to mention that Danny isn't on top anymore.

Meeren is one of three slave cities (Astapor - unsullied, Yunkai - pleasure slaves, Meeren doesn't specialize). Basically, everybody in the Free cities (especially Volantis) with the exception of Braavos, wants Danny dead because she destroyed slave trade. Slaves, from the other side, call her "Mhysa" (mother) and are getting ready to help her in case she decides to conquer their towns.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

Oh wait! Episode ten is called Mhysa!

Well that answers that question xd.png

What would happen to all these conquered cities if/when Danny goes to Westeros? Would she still be their ruler?

Hm. No Joffrey death until the next season, then. Unless they skip battle for Meeren.

Danny never ruled over Astapor and Yunkai - she conquered them and left them in the hounds of councils, which proved to be really ineffective. Both cities (especially Astapor) started trading slaves again, while she was in Meeren.

She took Meeren as her seat, in a sort of practice - she first tried to rule a city and then country.

The moment she's gone from Meeren, the nobles started doing everything to remove her people from high positions. While the people in city itself, are loyal to her, nobles are not. So, I don't think that she will be able to keep the free cities under her rule.

In all honesty, Dany in book 5 (she doesn't appear in book 4, since books 4/5 are meant to run mostly at the same time) sucked as a ruler.

Yes. She tried to be fair to everyone, but when your whole court wants you dead, that just doesn't work. Combine that with her betrayal of the dragons and love struck persona, and it became a complete disaster. Not to mention that she tied herself to Meeren far too much. It was like she forgot about the seven kingdoms, and she played everything in short terms. "Oh, I'll marry Hizdahr (?) now, for the sake of the city I don't even want, and even though he's unfit for rule over seven kingdoms".

Hizdahr? I thought she liked Daario...?

You know what, nevermind. I'll understand when the show catches up (or I get the money to buy the books). xd.png

Not to mention she finally gets the confirmation that she has lords backing her up in Westeros and her reply was: "You're too late"...

Hizdahr? I thought she liked Daario...?

Marriage isn't necessarily done out of love wink.gif

And yeah, don't worry, things will start making sense in seasons 5-6

Edited by Isuzu

OK, to be honest, book 5 was generally irritating. I found myself being annoyed with Dany, Jon AND Tyrion. And those character POVs took up most of the ~1000 pages in book 5. It was painful to read.