toxicneon

Game of Thrones

Probably spend ages skimming the internet for season 4 promos? IDK.

What makes it even worse is that of all the episodes this season they had to postpone this one.

If it's what I think it is, a lot of people will be brokenhearted.

@Fortune: you can at least catch up to the books xd.png I'll probably try to hunt down Dunk & Egg stories (not holding my breath, 'cause they probably aren't translated in my language). Next year will be easier - I think that Winds of Winter are coming out then.

Next year will be easier - I think that Winds of Winter are coming out then.

I follow GRRM's blog on Livejournal, and he has said absolutely zip, nada, nothing about when Winds will come out, or even when the 6th book will be finished. Last status update (minus the free chapter that was released early in January) about Winds was posted on June 23rd, 2012, among other projects:

Monkeys remaining on my back? Lots o' them:

THE WINDS OF WINTER. Also known as "Son of Kong." Working on it. Lots to do.

Appropriately tagged blog posts.

Seeing how GRRM doesn't like to work JUST on ASoIaF and for a long time he was actually much more widely known for his sci-fi works, if he says there's a lot to do, then we'll have a long time to go. Six years passed between A Feast for Crows and A Dance With Dragons. I read the books (4 of them then) in 2007 and had to wait 4 of those 6 years for Dance to come out.

IDK how they'll stretch the series out like butter to wait until he finishes the books.

Edited by lightbird

I think it has been said somewhere that he has given the TV show people some information on how to end the series in case he doesn't write the books fast enough or he dies or something. I'll try and find where I read it.

There's only so many times you can hear her say how she's just an innocent little girl and has no idea about *insert profession here* until you just start rolling your eyes at her.

At her? Or rather at the men who fall for her acting. xd.png She does lose a bit of her awesomeness but I'm still thinking she's the best bet Westeros has.

I follow GRRM's blog on Livejournal, and he has said absolutely zip, nada, nothing about when Winds will come out, or even when the 6th book will be finished. Last status update (minus the free chapter that was released early in January) about Winds was posted on June 23rd, 2012, among other projects:

Monkeys remaining on my back? Lots o' them:

THE WINDS OF WINTER. Also known as "Son of Kong." Working on it. Lots to do.

Appropriately tagged blog posts.

Seeing how GRRM doesn't like to work JUST on ASoIaF and for a long time he was actually much more widely known for his sci-fi works, if he says there's a lot to do, then we'll have a long time to go. Six years passed between A Feast for Crows and A Dance With Dragons. I read the books (4 of them then) in 2007 and had to wait 4 of those 6 years for Dance to come out.

IDK how they'll stretch the series out like butter to wait until he finishes the books.

Please, don't kill my hopes. This episode did it fine on it's own sad.gif

Although, the blood fountains out of their throats did make it a bit comical, at the end.

And, yes, he did give some information. If he dies, he's burning all books manuscripts - this way, at least the series will have some kind of an end.

Although, the blood fountains out of their throats did make it a bit comical, at the end.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that. They definitely could've done with less blood-fountains.

And looks like this episode busted the myth that Jeyne Westerling is out there somewhere with Robb's baby. Still, can't say I'm complaining Talisa's finally out of the picture.

Since Bran mentioned the Umbers, I have to ask, Whatever happened to The Greatjon? I loved the guy they'd casted in season one.

At her? Or rather at the men who fall for her acting. xd.png She does lose a bit of her awesomeness but I'm still thinking she's the best bet Westeros has.

She's definitely learning, but as Dance shows, she still has a fair bit to learn about politics before I can even see her putting up with Westerosi lords.

Edited by Isuzu

The entire scene was more or less akward. It kind of took all feelings out of it. At the end, peopld were just atanding there and it took somebody at least ten seconds to finally make a mowe towards Cat. And, Roose poofed back in out of nowhere - it felt like it was a theater scene. But, Rob's "goodbye" to Jeyne was touching.

The moment her mom said that she gave her herbs, I was sure that she couldn't be pregnant. Or it could be that her death was the easiest way to end her character arc since she got considerable screen time.

In the book cannon, Greatjon died at the Twins. I'm more curious about Black Fish, since he wasn't at the wedding in the books, I think. I just have a feeling that with this moce, they've completely eliminated the battle for Riverrun.

Danny needs to man up. She was too soft with obvious Ghiscari nobles, she would be completely exposed in the Westerosi court. It's not like she doesn't get what's happening, it's just that she believes that everybody is good, unless proven otherwise.

And while we are at her, her love struck persona showed up. And the infiltration of Mereen was hillarious.

Yeah Roose's entrance was definitely weird. People just standing there and he just strolls in and out of the scene out of nowhere.

I agree, it was never a theory I actually believed, but there seemed to be a fair bit of supporters behind the "Robb made babies" theory.

It was his son Smalljon that died at the Twins (along with the rest of Robb's guard). The Greatjon as far as I know is still held captive at the Twins.

And yeah, the battle at Riverrun is most likely not happening. Unless the Blackfish pulled a James Bond escape (which he could totally do 'cause he's awesome like that)

Exactly. She's too soft with people that don't really make it a secret they want her out of the picture, she won't stand a chance against the Westerosi lords.

Ugh, yes and all it took was two severed heads and some hand holding.

Yunkai. Still a little ways to go before Mereen wink.gif And yeah it was pretty weird. Loved Greyworm's fighting style though.

Oh and I know I'm nitpicking right now but the cloak Edmure put on his wife was completely wrong and this bothers me more than it should for some reason.

Edited by Isuzu

Dammit. I keep gettinv my facts wrong today. It's gotta be a lack of sleep xd.png

Naybe they just nixed Greajon? It wouldn't surprise me with so many characters. I think I haven't seen him since Rob's corronation.

Black Fiah will summon a shark and ride of with it to Riverrun. 'Cause he's the best Tully.

And now, I have no idea how they'll get Jamie to Riverlands so that he can ride of with Brienne in a searc for hound. I guess we'll only be able to see how much that alters plot once we read the next book.

Yunkai was like: " okay, we have theee guys here. Sooo, we'll send ten men at the time so that they can show off". It was like the Yunkai soldiers were handed the idiot ball. At least it was funny.

To me, boath cloacks looked the same. Hers at least had fitting colors, even if I haven't seen the towers on it.

Just seen the most recent episode.

So many feels.

I don't know who I'm most sad about. Robb, Cat or Greywind.

They definitely Nixed the Greatjon. He's been missing since the end of season 1 sad.gif

Best.Tully.Ever.

But..but Jamie's a fan of the Blackfish. He has to get to Riverrun.

Haha yeah Yunkai was hillarious xd.png.

And speaking of Yunaki. I loved how you could see the heartbrake on Jorah's face when Dany went into fangirl mode.

I don't know who I'm most sad about. Robb, Cat or Greywind.

Greywind. Definitely Greywind. Poor guy has been getting way too little attention this season.

Edited by Isuzu

I'm just sad he didn't go down with a fight like in the books. And yeah that scene with him closing his eyes was heartbreaking sad.gif

I also really felt Cat's pain. She just wanted to save her boy D:

And Rob with his wife as she died. Poor things.

It was just that last shot of him closing his eyes that got me.

Yes sad.gif I just hope that they won't do to him what Martin did in the books :/

Yunkai parts were the best acted ones in this episode. Their battle scenes were the most interestingly choreographed fights in this season. Red Wedding just looked a bit awkward.

And, did anyone notice Daario's girls?

That last episode was one of my favorite parts in the book. It was totally unexpected!

However, if I had to keep a moment from the series so far, it would be Daenerys burning down the slavers. That was so epic!

So far, the series is going great. This was my favorite book of all of them.

Yes sad.gif I just hope that they won't do to him what Martin did in the books :/

They already killed him. How much worse can it get?

And, did anyone notice Daario's girls?

I'm actually hoping they do pull the stunt from the books. Because as awkward as the red Wedding felt, lots of non-book readers were completely floored and thought it was brilliant so that would be like the icing on the cake. (though not the cherry on top, that's something else)

And yes, I saw his girls from the first episode he showed up xd.png

I'm not sure what was my favorite moment of the series, but of the episode it definitely has to be when Black Walder (? I have no idea if it was him, I'm just assuming) Frey closes the doors and the "Rains of Castamere" start playing. You can just see the pure realization and horror on Catelyn's face.

I'm actually hoping they do pull the stunt from the books. Because as awkward as the red Wedding felt, lots of non-book readers were completely floored and thought it was brilliant so that would be like the icing on the cake. (though not the cherry on top, that's something else)

I'm not going to like this, am I?

It would be an awesome wham effect, but it's maybe a bit too graphic. We'll see in the next episode I guess.

I'll stick with Ned's death and Jaquen giving the coin to Arya as my favorite moments.