toxicneon

Game of Thrones

I'm waiting for the book series to finish, then I can buy the lot and read all in one go. I learned my mistake after Harry Potter.

i dunno if i'd suggest this honestly.

Martin took 7 years to write DwD's, he has 2-3 more planned. by the time the last is finished, you'll likely have already watched the ending on HBO laugh.gif

Doesn't mean I won't enjoy the book.

Anyway, chances are the TV series will end long before the book series does, so either way I'll know how the story ends before I get the final book.

very true though HBO has done an epic job of staying true to the series (though some plots are altered). but as well as HBO has done, there is nothing like reading the internal dialouge or the characters happy.gif

i applaud your ability to read a book after seeing the movie. i tried that with the first two Harry Potter books and found it very hard to do.

i do know that next season will have the last bit of the 3rd book and parts of the 4th book in it. the interesting part is how HBO has decided to handle character POV's. which means they'll be doing books 4 & 5 at the same time to keep POV progress at the same speed and points. so i wonder exactly how many seasons it will take.

hopefully, the series will be done, so peopel who have been reading the books will not have the ending spoiled or so that HBO wont have to get away fromt eh book material and make up an ending on their own.

in the books, Martin divides the POVs by geographic location, focusing on one half in book 4 and the other in book 5.

*Is weird because she's a total Game of Thrones fangirl but refuses to either watch the show or read the books*

Ahem. 'Splaining. I can't actually cope with a lot of the show's content (I tried, it was bad) and I just cannot bring myself to read the books when I'm already so ridiculously attached the characters and I'm positive I'll have to watch EVERYONE DIE.

So my husband watches the show and is reading the books and always fills me in on all plot movements, characters who are becoming important or are important, and good Tyrion Lannister lines, sometimes having me watch clips from the show that we know I can handle. laugh.gif

At the moment, we're going mad because of having to wait for the show to start back up and because the library's taking forever to get the fourth book to the husband. Impressive things just happened in the end of Storm of Swords. My level of attachment to these characters that I'm not even reading about or watching is just a tad absurd.

Loooool those are amazing xd.png I just love the gifs of lip-reading TV shows, they always come up with the best of stuffs xd.png

It's actually from a video on Youtube. Search for Medieval Land Fun Time World. Some language though.

I just looked through their most famous vids, they are all simply HILARIOUS xd.png I couldn't stop laughing xd.png

Ohmygosh, I'm so excited (and kinda dreading) to see what they'll be doing with Shae in the TV series, 'cause she's so much more different than the book version. I'll probably be really upset to see her go. I can't believe Tysha actually loved Tyrion. sad.gif(

Ohmygosh, I'm so excited (and kinda dreading) to see what they'll be doing with Shae in the TV series, 'cause she's so much more different than the book version. I'll probably be really upset to see her go. I can't believe Tysha actually loved Tyrion. sad.gif(

I've got a bad filling that Shae will play Tysha's role and that her rape/death will be breaking point for Tyrion. That makes more sense then introducing a new, redundant character in the TV series.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

Question for peeps who have read the books, light spoilers.

I was checking around for infos on the next season and I found something interesting (for me at least). There is a prophecy of sorts regarding Cersei's death, which has something to do with 'little brother'?

The wording, from what I can figure out, is something long the lines of 'the' little brother. That doesn't necessarily mean Jaime or Tyrion, does it?

Question for peeps who have read the books, light spoilers.

I was checking around for infos on the next season and I found something interesting (for me at least). There is a prophecy of sorts regarding Cersei's death, which has something to do with 'little brother'?

The wording, from what I can figure out, is something long the lines of 'the' little brother. That doesn't necessarily mean Jaime or Tyrion, does it?

This prophecy?

In white because spoilers

Cersei: Will the king and I have children?

Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you. "

Valonqar means little brother in High Valyrian, but there is no hint as to who that refers to yet. Cersei fears it's Tyrion, but there's nothing but speculation so far. Some readers even are inclined to believe it's not even one of her brothers that the prophecy refers to.

Though right now Cersei's far more worried about another part of the same prophecy:

Cersei: When will I wed the prince?

Maggy: Never. You will wed the king.

Cersei: I will be queen, though?

Maggy: Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear

On another note look what I found:

A lancer vs a swordsman

Battle at the Wall

Shackles

Edited by Isuzu

OMG IT'S COMING OUT TODAY!!! I can't wait to see it tomorrow after work! Eeeek, I've been waiting too long xd.png

Thanks Isuzu. I think I agree with those that think it won't be one of hers.

April is so far away D:

Oh wait *facepalms* stupid me, it's the first trailer that came out today D= Ugh, April, really? You've got to be kidding me >.<

This is why I'm not reading the books until they are all published. The wait would kill me xd.png

Just saw the trailer.

First impressions of Pedro Pascale as Oberyn Martell are pretty good.

Also, someone got big *is excited*

This is why I'm not reading the books until they are all published. The wait would kill me xd.png

Oh ugh you have no idea how much I'm waiting for that 6th book. I'm just hoping Martin will actually finish it, and not die on us and leave us with an unfinished manuscript D= *throws salt over shoulder, knocks on wood and spits three times over right shoulder* xd.png

I'm just hoping Martin will actually finish it, and not die on us and leave us with an unfinished manuscript

If that happens then another author would just use the unfinished manuscript as the base to end the series from. Just like Wheel of Time was finished by Brandon Sanderson after Robert Jordan's death.

Unless, of course, GRRM realises he's dying and burns the manuscript out of petty spite.

Or maybe they'll talk to the TV show producers? GRRM has told them how the series ends just in case he can't finish the books in time.

He's also said he doesn't want another writer finishing the books for him, so...

Nope. He made sure that his manuscripts would be burned after he dies. Soo, if it goes his way, we won't get it. Bu then again, other authors also said the same thing, and in the end people went against their wishes. We'll see.

But, we will at least get some closure in the tv series. Not enough, but if he dies, it'll have to do.

*re-watches trailers again and again*

Also, about Cersei: if it's the brother that will kill her, I'm placing my money on Jaime.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

This is another reason why I'm staying away from the books until they are done.

As for Cersei, I think it might be Tommen. He's the younger brother (not hers okay, but that wasn't specified), it would be enough of a twist and from what I hear in the books he starts going right off her.