toxicneon

Game of Thrones

Ah okay. I haven't read the books so I'm a little confused at times lol.

Judging by the reactions of people here he turns out to be a main(ish) character?

Yep. It's the reason why a lot of people don't like Danny in the fifh book. Bad decisions aside, she thinks way too much about him and turns into a lovestruck girl.

Oh dear.

I know they have made a few adjustments in the TV show, so hopefully when we get to that point they won't turn down her baddassery too much.

I wouldn't hold my breath about that honestly. Her whole arc after the third books is pretty underwhelming.

D:

But Danny and her dragons are like, 40% of why I watch the show.

Oh don't worry the boys (or is one of them a girl?) only get more awesome.

It's Dany that turns into a highschool girl. There's only so many times you can hear her say how she's just an innocent little girl and has no idea about *insert profession here* until you just start rolling your eyes at her.

From what I can hazard, I think the dragons are genderless. I think I remember reading somewhere that they reproduce asexually?

I'm guessing this because if they are all girls or all boys then they won't be able to breed normally. If there is two of gender and one of the other it might to lead to problems (especially if they are siblings).

If they can all produce eggs without outside input then Danny and her ancestors (if she ever has any) can breed up a small army of dragons again. I'd guess they don't breed too often either way.

Actually, if dragons are genderless and automatically reproduce, and Danny is a 'dragon', then it raises some interesting theories about her first 'child'.

Actually it isn't really known how dragons reproduce.

I can think of about two instances where a dragon was referred to as female and I think it's implied at one point that they can switch genders.

I have a source for this, give me a second.

Edit: Bingo

Great heat emanates from dragons' bodies, to the point that they steam during cold nights. They breathe extremely hot flame which they use to cook their meat before eating it. Dragons are essentially immune to fire. They are capable of forming strong attachments to humans who raise them. They have a reasonably high level of animal intelligence, and can be trained to serve as battlemounts and receive vocal commands. Dragons are said to be capricious in nature. Dany’s dragons sometimes fight with each other.

Dragons grow throughout their lives, but it is unknown how long they can live or how large they can grow. The largest and oldest Targaryen dragon, Balerion, lived about 200 years and could swallow a mammoth whole, but dragons raised in captivity are thought to be smaller than their wild brethren.

Dragons have no fixed gender differentiation - according to Maester Aemon dragons are “but now one and now the other, as changeable as flame” presumably meaning that they are able to change from one sex to the other and back for whatever reason.

The dragon Syrax is referred to as a she-dragon by Tyrion Lannister and the last Targaryen dragon that died during the reign of King Aegon III, has also been referred to as female, so presumably some dragons can remain a defined or fixed sex. It is not known if there is sexual dimorphism in dragons.

Barth, Munkun and Thomax hold markedly divergent views the mating habits of dragons. . Dragons lay large, scaled eggs to reproduce. Over the eons un-hatched eggs can become fossilized.

Dragons are believed to be intrinsically tied to magic and the seasons of the world. Since dragons became extinct from Westeros, the power of magic dwindled and winters grew colder.

Tales of ice dragons with cold breath were told in Winterfell by Old Nan. It is undetermined if such dragons are entirely fictional.

Edited by Isuzu

((Well there goes my half-baked theory that only female Targaryens are 'dragons' which is why Danny surived the flames/hatched the eggs and Viserys and some of their mad male relatives burned to death lol.))

But good grief? Swallow a mammoth whole? A mammoth? We sure George didn't mess up the measurements again (like he did with the wall)? Because damn. I've changed my mind. Don't want to meet a dragon.

I'm pretty sure that maester Aemon thinks about dragins as genderless. On the travel to Bravoss it comes up as a plot point. The whole time he thought of dragons as males, and that's why he never even remembered Danny.

But yes, her character worsening can't be avoided. Oh well. At least it seems that she has recovered a bit in her last book chapter.

I should really read the books, shouldn't I?

Anyway, from what I can figure out Danny is about the same age as Rob yes? And he don goofed out of love. Sansa (whom I believe is not that much younger) also let her feelings get in the way, twice. I guess it's a running theme for the teens in the story to act on their emotions.

Cos' lets face it, Joffrey has got to be running on pure malice alone.

Yep, Dany and Robb are more or less the same age. (Dany is a bit older I think)

TV!Robb yes, but Book!Robb actually goofed more out of despair/honor than love.

I really need a chart or something with everyone's ages xd.png

Hopefully Rob will be able to think a little straighter if/when Ayra shows up to give him a prod here and there.

Actually the only child in the TV series that seems fairly level headed is Bran. Poor kid deserves a cookie for being able to keep it all together after what he has been through.

I've gotten a bit annoyed with Dany and her whining and pining for Daario as well. I'm more than half-way through the fifth book, so I'm really hoping that she'll get better in the end. She's still awesome in the series atm, though xd.png Here's to hoping she won't change that much there.

I really need a chart or something with everyone's ages xd.png

Hopefully Rob will be able to think a little straighter if/when Ayra shows up to give him a prod here and there.

Actually the only child in the TV series that seems fairly level headed is Bran. Poor kid deserves a cookie for being able to keep it all together after what he has been through.

A chart would not help you at all. Most of the characters in the books are three years younger then their counterparts. So, Danny, Jon and Rob for example, are fourteen years old. Sansa is twelve (I think). From the other side, in the series, Jon and Rob are at least sixteen years old, while Sansa is thirteen (?). They mixed it up a lot, in order to make all of the nudity legal. And of course, most viewers would be turned off if some of those thing happened to kids.

You poor, innocent soul.

Yeah I knew that some of the characters had been aged up a little, but I was hoping there was some kind of timeline for the TV series.

Aw man, I just found out that there will be no new episode this week. ;_; Oh well, c'est la vie!

Aw man, I just found out that there will be no new episode this week. ;_; Oh well, c'est la vie!

They released warning message before the last episode.

I almost cried.

They released warning message before the last episode.

I almost cried.

same here.

I've read all the books, but with the divergent paths the show is taking at this point, I'm still surprised at some of the twists in this season.

I NEED MORE JAIME AND BRIENNE.

What makes it even worse is that of all the episodes this season they had to postpone this one.