toxicneon

Game of Thrones

That would be awesome... but GoT is done.

Unless it's one of the side shows they are going to make now

When I decided to begin my health/fitness journey, one of the things that widdled away in time was how much TV I watched. Now, mind you, there are some really amazing shows that other half and I find that are not always well known, some are, that are fantastic and I love tuning into these. But there are less and less of them. I was actually happy when GoT began to have less episodes, take more time, because it was something I was going to stick with and finish cuz I have invested so much time, and since I worked in a Bookstore when these books were being originally released, I had a tie to it, and I knew it was something other half would enjoy due to deep politics (their love), but would never touch due to "fantasy genre" (can't really hold that bias against them - although there are some great Sci-Fi/Fantasy books they love, they are few and far between.)

Anyway, I lost a lot of weight, developed a healthier lifestyle, have things more in balance, and really spend MUCH less time on any multimedia consumption. I am glad I made this transition because I was making positive changes in my life as things in one of those really great epic TV shows were starting to make less positive changes.

It is important to have control of your media consumption and your life. I get that you can have fandoms, I get that you can have and hate things, and I get that media can move us in ways that are deeply emotional and personal. I tune into the things that do that. I am glad for them. They are just very limited, and they do not consume my life. My life consumes my life. I am happy this is another TV show I can drop off my list and do something else with my time. I am very reluctant to pick up any show these days unless it is really really amazing. We have different ideas of maybe what people consider amazing, and that is OK.

So my only summary is I am glad I started making my life transitions and attitude changes, well before this, and really kicked this in over the past few years. It was good timing. That is the best comment I can say about this show.

Spoiler

I was rooting for Sansa, even though she's queen of one kingdom instead of seven I'll count that as a win! Bran becoming king of the remaining six kingdoms was also pretty wise in my opinion. I can rest easy knowing he's going to be ruling, and with a good Small Council as well (er, Bronn might be an issue...). Yeah, he didn't actually participate in fighting or anything like that, but that shouldn't matter. As often reminded by the characters, a good fighter doesn't equal a good ruler!

Also incredibly glad that Dany is gone. I was real tired of Jon, Tyrion, Varys, and Jorah constantly babysitting her to make sure she didn't do anything stupid. And then she goes to do something stupid anyway because her babysitters can't reach her when she's on a dragon. She never had any character development, contrary to popular opinion. It was just people holding her back from being stupid. She was also constantly whiny, "my daddy was on the throne so I will be as well" I do think she genuinely wanted to help people and create a better world, but unfortunately her personality just wasn't right for that kind of role. It's not enough to have only the intentions to help people, you also need to have a specific personality.

Most importantly, Ghost got his pets from Jon, so all balance is restored.

Spoiler

To me, the final made very little sense. Why make Bran the king while he can simply be the advisor instead? Someone more influencial and you know, talkative would make a better king while listening to Bran's advices. To me it was just like trying to cover up for Bran's uselessness in the last season. He had a huge character arc and development yet was never actually useful through the season. So let's make him the king! I was actually hoping he'd warg a dragon during the war against Night King.

Also, Dothraki... What happened to them? I'd like to have one scene showing them instead of being left to making speculations. I hope that they simply didn't forget about their existence, which is quite likely considering the quality of this whole season.

Also all the Unsullied, Tyrion & Jon stuff felt so rushed and funny. It was not convincing at all. One second Tyrion was brought in front of the lords and Grey Worm was telling him he is there for justice and etc, the other second Tyrion was choosing a king. Unsullied and especially Grey Worm shouldn't have left so peacefully in my opinion. And after they leave. Well... What kept Jon from actually staying with Sansa or Bran 🤔

8 hours ago, FeatheryWings said:
  Hide contents

What kept Jon from actually staying with Sansa or Bran 🤔

Spoiler

I'd say honour, but that didn't stop him from abandoning the Night's Watch to go and frolic with the Wildlings. 

I'm not going to read the posts above because I haven't finished watching the last season, just came here to say (after watching about half of episode 3)...

Spoiler

oh no oh no Zombie Boss is Terminator oh nooooo

they're all ****ed

EJMWND3WsAAZHDy.jpg

Y E S

I hope this will be Dance of the Dragon or Aegon's Conquest based, I mean not much else they can base the show off of 

It's the screen adaption of Martin's Fire & Blood, so it should cover both Aegon's Conquest and the Dance of the Dragons.