MisaTange

Name Check Thread

Is it ok to name a dragon "Nudedragons"? It is an anagram from Soundgarden biggrin.gif

i'm about to rename all my Silvers and Tinsels (excluding 2) PITA (ex: PITA 1, PITA 2, PITA 3 ...) if they don't start producing me shiny eggs >:(

is this okay?? PITA stand fro Pain in the butt.

also, all my Turps will have the name Twerp (like what you'd call an annoying little brother) in them ... not because their annoying, but more for a play on words. is this okay?

another i wanted to check. with my Tinsels and TF's, i like to have the original Tinsels name somewhere in mine's name (to help prevent inbreeding and for a quick guide as to how many offspring of which Tinsel i have for trades). is it okay if i use "F-Bombs" in place of the f-word for offspring from that Bronze baby?

example : i have this guy 9 leaping f-bombs

9 = Generation.

Leaping = marks that he's offspring from a Leapbaby

F-Bomb = after orginating Tinsel

(i use #'s to mark all my gens, and some form of the word 'Leap' is in all of my Leaps Day Dragons or Leap Dragon offspring i have)

Edited by Red2111

All the above names are fine, except perhaps f-bomb, which I would stay away from, personally. ^^

thanks Sock. any suggestiong for a short variation on that word to use so i can quickly identify the Originating Tinsel then??

cause th other alternative i have is "ryhmes with truck" and thats a bit too long for my liking xd.png

A long time ago I named one of my White Dragons "Fap", is there a problem? xd.png

I didn't know what it was used for before, but I've bonded with the dragon named like this and don't want to change unless there's a problem.

If you named your dragon that and didn't encounter a problem, then you shouldn't have to change the name.

f-bomb is fine, we allow its use in trade posts.

Fap is fine. Questionable.

Edited by _Z_

thanks Sock. any suggestiong for a short variation on that word to use so i can quickly identify the Originating Tinsel then??

cause th other alternative i have is "ryhmes with truck" and thats a bit too long for my liking xd.png

Fudge? x3

~

Since I said no to masturbate earlier, I would say no to fap, myself. (If you hadn't asked, I probably would have never noticed, but once you get to the point where you think you should ask about it, then it becomes more questionable, IMO.)

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

fap may refer to many other subjects, but as two mods disagree. We will call that name questionable.

looked up the word "fap" in a few online dictionarys and according to every single one of them, the only usage for the word Fap is to repersent male masturbation. ~To much information, Removed.~

/ helpful

Edited by _Z_

are any native American names okay? i tried the native American name for Burning fire but it said the ink disappeared???

The ink disappears if the name is already taken (or if you put a space or other symbol at the very beginning or very end of the name).

I think Fap is fine, since the person appears to not be referring to the slang definition. Fap is an onomatopoeia anyways and has also been used in comics to describe punches, slaps, etc.

I think F-bomb is fine too, since it's been used in movies, comics, and such to no ill-effect. And yeah, it is an accepted term in DC language-- but again, I'm no a mod.

You can use this:

http://dragcave.net/view/n/put name here

Rather be safe than sorry.

Would it be objectionable if I named a dragon "damn my leg"?

damn my leg is acceptable.

How about the name 'Boob'?

I feel like there's been a game of chicken regarding this word, with no one really daring to take it. But you know what, I'm going to step up and claim it since I like the other definition. You know, the one where it's used as an insult. "You're such a boob." Old language is fun, and I think that was its original definition before it became slang for 'breast' =p Anywho, just making sure it all checks out.

How about the name 'Boob'?

I feel like there's been a game of chicken regarding this word, with no one really daring to take it. But you know what, I'm going to step up and claim it since I like the other definition. You know, the one where it's used as an insult. "You're such a boob." Old language is fun, and I think that was its original definition before it became slang for 'breast' =p Anywho, just making sure it all checks out.

I think it's okay. :3 It's not offensive or anything and totes reminds me of days in high school where one of my classmates used 'Boob' as an endearment. :P

are acronyms with un-specified meanings allowed? say for instance: "FTW"?

Edited by nintendont

Yes. I even have a dragon named "WTFBBQCHICKEN" (after an old secret page that used to be on DC).