CoraxG

Count the eggs in the AP

I agree, most of the time I'm just curious to know how many are in there... every time I go to the AP I'm always thinking... I wonder how many are actually here? I'd just be happy to know that little bit of info. :3

Yes - that's all I'd want to know too. We can easily tell when it's UNBLOCKED because the cave has eggs.

Yes - that's all I'd want to know too. We can easily tell when it's UNBLOCKED because the cave has eggs.

Exactly. o3o

Honestly, I really don't need to know what the "unblock" point is. I can tell when it's not in effect (or has been raised to OVER 9000! during a new release), and I know it's something close to twenty eggs normally.

I'd just like to know how many eggs are in limbo when there are more eggs abandoned than can be viewed on the page. So support for "there are [x] eggs in the pile".

Exactly.

Since the limit to unblock the cave is always different, it would be the best to know how many eggs are in the AP and in the Limbo. Simple and easy <3 I hope.

I support this idea, but I would be fine just knowing how many eggs are blocking the cave. I don't need to know how many need to be removed, its nice to be a little mysterious, especially for holiday events and new releases.

Well, I'm on board, considering I just threw up a similar idea of my own on this board. RheaZen then directed me here. I thank RheaZen for that. happy.gif

My suggestion was to put something under the last row, but above the 'users viewing this page' counter to indicate how many eggs/hatchlings there were. It could potentially use what's already used on our scrolls. After all, our scrolls have to know if there are 4 eggs present, and thus stop us from grabbing, so eggs and hatchlings obviously have to use a signature of some sort. They could use those signatures to help indicate the count.

That's my two cents. And thanks for creating this, CoraxG...it's good to know someone else was thinking about this. happy.gif

If TJ used C# to code the site, I could write all this code for him~

Just add int APcount; in the first function...

Go to the update function... write something like APcount.Count; and make it equal to the amount of eggs in the AP...

And finally to the draw function and finish up with spritebatch.drawstring(font, "There are currently " + APcount.Tostring() "in the pile.", new Vector2(x, y), Color.White);

And taadaa~

I suppose what I mean to say is that I support this~ I was even thinking about suggesting it before I saw this topic~

Oh yes. Please! A counter!

A friend and I are always wondering why she sees... for example not a single green egg while the AP I see has nothing else smile.gif

(btw: I'd love to have a full view of all the AP-eggs at once, so I'd not be pressing F5 all the time till I see the one I want or think to be interesting smile.gif )

Then the information here won't be useful. The "blocking point" of the AP varies during releases, so that the cave doesn't just go from not-blocking-at-all to blocked-by-thousands-of-eggs. So at the end of an event, the cave might block at 9000 eggs instead of 30.

In that case, knowing how many eggs are in the backlog, could give us some idea of how much longer it will be before things get back to "normal". I would like to know how big the backlog is. It might not be actual "useful" information, but I would be interested in knowing how many eggs there really are, estimate (for myself) how long it might take for the backlog to get down to just the page we can see, how many eggs we actually remove from the backlog over X hours, and perhaps other things I am not thinking of at the moment.

Do want. This is something I'm constantly curious about and it would certainly be encouraging to be able to think "Hey, if three people grab three eggs, it'll unblock!"

I really like the idea of knowing how many egg's there are / should be removed to lift the block. Maybe it would even help out with mass breeders...if you can see there are already 100 eggs that have to be removed to unblock people would not mass breed and trow 30 eggs on top of that?

As long as it wouldn't create coding problems, I'd be interested to know

Seems like insanely basic coding to me.

I love this idea. <3

I had this little idea after I first saw this topic. It would probably be too hard for TJ to code, but it could be fun.

user posted image

Where green is unblocked, yellow is blocked now, but could unblock soonish. Yellow Oranges is like, a huge pile, reddish orange is a massive pile. Deep red and purple red is like, a gigantic pile. Of course, the image would be grays above the egg level. I didn't want to make a separate image for each "level" on the meter.

It would sorta have to be coded to update itself automatically, which is why I say it would probably be too hard to code. But it wouldn't be giving you actual numbers of eggs, just an indication of how bad the block is.

But this idea of a general indication of how bad the block is, rather than actual numbers, might be sufficient. Of course, we sort of have that now, with terms like "huge," "massive" and "gigantic" to describe the size of the pile.

Counter works for me.. there are X eggs in the AP at this moment.

And it wouldn't hurt to add another row or two to the page either.. so what if it shoves the ad down below the scroll.. i'd prefer it, because the ads annoy me BIG TIME. I know they have to be there, but why not add more rows and make them less visable/annoying?

I really like this idea. I don't care if it helps us to know how close the cave is to being unlocked, I just wanna know how many eggs are in the AP backlog.

Chalk one more up for the "just the plain number would be nice".

It'd mtivate me more to take eggs to see it changing, and it'd keep me from breeding commons to abandon if the number was high already.

Oooooh. This is something I would really like to see. I mean, I normally don't post in these types of threads, but it is worth it for this idea. SUPPORT.

Best idea imo: counter of how many eggs are on the pile--"There is a pile of X# abandoned eggs in the pile."

Second best idea: an approximate counter of eggs on the pile--"There seem to be about 30 eggs in the pile." Over a hundred could be "There are far too many eggs in this pile to be counted." Then we would know that it was 100+. Each group of ten would have its own "There seem to be about" for over 30 eggs.

Either idea has my approval. I have always been curious about this myself.

I support it too. I would love a counter stating how many eggs are in the AP, and how many need to be picked up before the biomes are open again. Fiona, I like that color chart.