Mistshadow

Worst possible egg coming down with softshell..

My Bronze Tinsel egg was being a stubborn hatcher and I was freaking out and watching it like a hawk, fogging it when I went offline or to the bathroom, that sort of stuff. It hatched safely though <3

My tinsels would be the worst to be sick. Luckily my tinsels never get sick. (Just watch while one does just cuz I said that. T.T) I never have any trouble raising tinsels. I fog them every night before I go to bed or when I leave the computer for a long time. I'm always afraid of malicious view-bombers killing my eggs. blink.gif

A question to everyone whose eggs suddenly got too many views when there was no possible way of getting them. What do you think caused that?

The instant thought that came to my mind was either over-helpful people (not saying it was intentional, the getting sick part) who post your eggs or those view-bombers.

Well, anyway, I have gotten sick eggs before, but I've never had them die cuz I catch them early. smile.gif

The worst one for me would be any of the Holidays I don't already have (like Holly, Yulebuck, Ribbon Dancer, Black Marrow, '09 val ... you get the idea?) and ANY tinsel. I only have three silvers and one bronze. lolness!

I have a Tinsel right now that's sick, but I'm hoping he'll be alright.

He's a hatchie at 7 days, with 4884 V, 603 UV, and 10 C.

Anybody want to chime in with his chances? I've got him fogged now.

I've only ever had one egg get sick from memory; and it was also the worst possible egg that could get sick within my reach of obtaining.

When I was gifted my first tinsel, I wasn't aware that incubating them made them even more sensitive. On top of that, it just wasn't gaining views fast enough. It hit ER stage, so I dumped it into several ERs, anxious for it to hatch, and well, got sick twice. First time needed fogging for a good 15 minutes, second time only required fogging for a few minutes. I felt terrible, not only was it a gift, but it was also an egg that I had never had on my scroll before.

As for what future eggs that would be the worst possible to get sick, probably holiday eggs.

@Serisent: The hatchling should survive if you have it fogged until it gets better. The view/unique view ratio is a bit high; but the fact that it hatched should be a good sign.

Thanks for the response!

My Tinsel is fine now, so I'm content. I can't think of any egg that would have given me more of a heart attack than that one did, and I know now not to incubate them...

most panic (yikes, its sick!) moment for me was my first gold. i grabbed it off the abandoned page, and it was already sick. i was scared that it would die on me!

the egg survived, and has given me quite some offspring since then. ( not lately, though... )

GoN's, CB Golds, CB Silvers, CB Neglecteds, 2nd Gen Hollys, CB Blacks

those would all be the worst, because they're so incredibly rare

Worst thing that happened to me was ahen my 4th gen spiral lineaged bronze tinsel egg got sick blink.gif

I had the same problem as VampiricOmen did, my first ever bronze tinsel got softshell! I panicked like mad! Although it did hatch and grow up eventually smile.gif

I know of someone on here who's GoN got softshell too! ohmy.gif

If i had a CB metallic or a GoN get a softshell

I'd maybe scream in terror 0.0

Edited by EmoDuck598

I've had a few tinsels get sick. My worst would probably be the gold tinsel from my favorite starter, I ended up really worried about that one. My GON also got softshell. That's when I learned that ER eggs can get sick.

When I caught my CB silver I was so terrified he'd get sick that I kept him fogged forever. It also took him forever to grow up, lol.

GoN

because if it dies from sickness, you can never replace it

My tinsels are always getting sick... But I only panic if it's a low gen one. O_O Had a 3rd gen get sick when I ER'd it. Fogged it as an egg, and kept unfogging it for minute every hour to give it a chance to hatch.

Edit: Yes, it hatched sick. But keeping it fogged cured that.

Edited by Winddancir

holiday dragon eggs...i've never had any sick, except maybe last year's new xmas eggs...i think it's the worst thing to come down with sickness, with the whole breed limit and once-a-year thing. except for like cb metallics, since they only pop up now and then.

oh and tinsels. well back when they were rarer; when i got my first tinsel i was terrified when it got sick so easily (in the ER!) i posted on the help thread like "WHAT why's it sick". but now...i don't really care. they're annoying to take care of and i wouldn't cared if it accidentally died - if it was one i bred myself...if i traded for it, then it's a whole different story.

When I was new, I had eggs and hatchlings get sick all the time(this was before fansites existed and you relied on forum views). It never bothered me much, I had it down to an art back then when I knew how long to fog it before unfogging it again. It used to be that every egg I had hatched sick, and in a way, I kind of miss those days. Sickness isn't the horrible thing people act like it is, as long as you catch it.

As for the worst one to get sick, holiday eggs, though I am real careful with those, so the likelyhood of them getting sick on my watch are low.

Edited by Nectaris

My first ever Marrow egg just got sick, with only 64 views! It's currently fogged but its the first time I ever had an egg go softshell. blink.gif

Edited by Pintar5

Sickness never bothers me. o.O I've had dragons stay sick for about 6 hours, and still not dying. I guess I'm just lucky *knocks on wood* I'm referring to my prize dragons though, as I get all of them 1337 UVs, so I put them up on every fansite. As one would expect, they get sick A LOT. (None of em have died. Hrrrrm. *knocks on wood again*)

But yeah, I don't flip when something is sick- I just flip when something has been sick for a while and I haven't been around to fog it.

I had a yulebuck get sick and die while I was at school :T So yeah. Worst egg, especially with the limits, which is why I only have a 3rd gen yule.

You guys probably know already, but GoN eggs are very susceptible to softshell. :| Mine is ER and it's still getting soft-shelled...

My Gold, when first traded, had softshell. I panicked more about that than about my impending exam xd.png

Thankfully after leaving him fogged for half a day he (or she) got back over it....but now I'm watching all my eggs like a hawk to make sure nothing happens to them!

Right now I'm so paranoid that I'm going to fog them all before I go to bed! If I cam back to some dead eggs, I would just start screaming and I would not be able to stop.

Holliday Dragons oo" I only put them in one Hatchery until they are at 5 days. That being said: watch your ghost eggs, I've seen plenty of them around having soft-shell already D: