Mistshadow

Worst possible egg coming down with softshell..

My Tinsel that's currently on someone else's scroll in order to have it hatch today instead of tomorrow. >.< The baby's sick and apparently the person's gone offline for a while, so I'm stuck biting my nails hoping it doesn't get killed in the meantime.

Not to mention the same Tinsel having been sick earlier, too.

Edited by Safrienaer

When I logged on this afternoon after school I saw that all three of my shadow walker hatchies were sick >.< Thankfully I was able to fog them before any died...

And now my three remaining shadow walker eggs have soft shell with 2/4 hours left til hatching...*fogs and waits for soft shell to go away*

I should've fogged them before I went to school >.<

Dino would drive me insane if it got sick. and I did have both GoNs so far..and well It came to be that none got sick. smile.gif made me happy.

All of my shadow walkers got soft shell at the same time! I was in work, but I have an iPhone, so I fogged all of them on my break. It made me so paranoid that I ended up fogging them whenever I went to sleep or out of the house. They survived and hatched somehow.

I have a silver tinsel now, it has a messy lineage, but I will still be devastated if it gets soft shell and dies. I'm going to leave it fogged until the morning.

Edited by onkloudnyne

The worst egg coming down with softshell for me at the moment would be my ghosts, the nebula IOU, and the black egg I recently picked up.

so I suppose I overloaded my dragons recently. xd.png Yesterday I had 7 with clicking sicknesses. I cured all of them. but it was scary. I do love my tinsels.

Out of my four eggs and three hatchlings that I have right now, I would be extreamly upset if my shadow walkers and bluna hatchling got sick and if my purple egg got soft shell. I am trying to start an extreamly special lineage with the purple eggs and I feel that they are hard to find CB. I have to have two CB purples for my lineage to work.

I had a CB black that died of sickness during the Halloween rush. sad.gif Oh well. I'm sure I'll find another one eventually. tongue.gif

I just got five eggs yesterday and all five of them apparently got this 'soft shell' thing. T_T Two of them I breed, one being a pink and the other my first black stripe, and the other three I had grabbed. But ALL of them got it! T_T Normally my eggs are fine if I just pet them in my siggy on UniFactions, even if they get sick. But this time that didn't happen, they all died! T_T

I got bronze Tinsel and didn't post it for the first day. It STILL got soft shell and I was so worried that even though I hid it I was too late. Luckily it all worked out and he grew up big and strong.

Currently my 7th gen PB Spitfire has soft shell, and my Halloween eggs got it. Not sure who else, but every egg that gotten sick has lived. smile.gif

When my Neglected dragon was a little hatchling, I was so paranoid about her getting sick. I would have been very alarmed if she had gotten sick.

This right here in a nutshell.

I don't think Softshell is all that bad. I mean, just fog it for an hour or so, and vwall la! But my Black Marrows got sick at least three times. UG! So ANNOYING! The worst possible egg to get Softshell for me would be... Guardian of Nature.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

My cb Ice egg that I caught earlier got softshell after I put it in my signature on a forum I was roleplaying on. Stupid me, I know they always get softshell when I put them there to show them off right away! They always end up getting like 6 clicks in a day.

i just put my (gifted!) silver tinsel in ER and it got softshell almost immediately, even though it had well over 2500 views the time. dry.gif obviously, they need more views than other eggs to hatch.

Edited by butcherbaby

I don't think Softshell is all that bad. I mean, just fog it for an hour or so, and vwall la!

Well, if you catch the illness in time, it's not that bad. If you don't, well, you're out of luck. tongue.gif

Besides all the rare dragons people have been mentioning, I would say the worst possible eggs coming down with/dying from soft shell would probably be a dragon you received as a gift. After all, you don't want the other person to think you're irresponsible for the dragon they gave up to you out of the goodness of their heart. Also, common or rare dragons you have a special purpose for are also bad targets for soft-shell disease. I sometimes pick up dragon eggs for the sole purpose of giving them a certain description, and I'd be reasonably upset if they came down with soft shell.

Softshell is so easy to fix, especially since the cave has started telling us they have it, it's almost a non-issue, unless you don't get to check your scroll often enough.

MarrowXribbon dancer this last Halloween. It got sick and died before I logged in the next day.

My freakin CB Gold got softshell and DIED. I had fogged it and was showing my scroll to my friend on her computer at her house. Apparently I didn't refog it or something, because when I got home, it was DEAD. A nasty surprise for me. Still kicking myself for that.

Mmm, I think the worst could be a GoN egg, a CB tinsel dragon or simillar, CB metalic... or a Holly dragon.

My freakin CB Gold got softshell and DIED. I had fogged it and was showing my scroll to my friend on her computer at her house. Apparently I didn't refog it or something, because when I got home, it was DEAD. A nasty surprise for me. Still kicking myself for that.

Oh, man, that sucks!! Sorry to hear it!!

I'm uber-paranoid about softshell. If I'm going to be away from DC for more than a couple hours, I remove everything from fansites and fog anything (egg or hatchie) with more than six days on it. The only exceptions to this are really common dragons that could be easily replaced.

My very first Tinsel got softshell, but since I'm hypervigilant I fogged it almost immediately and it cleared up in a couple hours.

My eggs never get sick. I pretty much just pop them into Silvi's Lair and ignore them for three days. xd.png

Except, for...

My Grey egg when I was a n00b.

One Bronze Tinsel, bred.

And my Shadow Walker.

None died. I've never had a dead thing on my scroll before, except for my Vampy. xP