Mistshadow

Worst possible egg coming down with softshell..

I've never had an egg come down with soft-shell, but I'd be devastated if my first gold had. I was really paranoid with that egg! x3

As for my current lock... I don't think I'd be as sad as angry if my two CB seasonals died, but I really hope they don't as winter season is ending soon and they're going to be part of a lineage.

My valentine eggies ('09 and '10) had taken the softshell, unfortunatly I was at work and I'd found them dead... I was so upset with myself and sad, too. Even my rosenbud have taken softshell but after the loss of the just-said-valentines I become way more careful and suspectful... I fog everytime I feel a danger around and I know I won't be around for few hours.

Well, I've had most of my rare draggies come down with softshell or sickness, but I've learned to deal with it, so it doesn't bother me too much.

I think the times I got scared the most by sickness was when I got my first vampire and she got over 7,000 views in a couple hours (this was back when hatchies could grow up with 1,500 vies), and when my very first batch got softshell back when I used to put them in my signature on another well-frequented forum. They all came out okay, though, and I've learned to just wait until they hit ER mode and put them in Jaemeia (Soti, back when it was still alive).

Hmm, well I rarely have problems with softshell, but the worst for me would be a GoN, since you are only limited to two successful summons, meaning you cannot get a third GoN should one of the first two die. You can get more of any of the other dragon, maybe they won't be caveborn, but you can still get more. But if one of the GoNs die... that's it.

My GoN got softshell and survived. Was also sick as a hatchie and survived again. tongue.gif

I've had silvers, golds, trios, etc. get softshell, for no apparent reason. I'm careful with the ones I have, but still get it from time to time. (A few of these have been the results of someone posting my eggs without permission.)

when my neglected got sick, i was liek WTF!!! it didnt survive:( but my cb magma got sick both times and i was depressed... it survived tho biggrin.gif

I had finally gotten a silver egg from my blackxsilver pair, and literally right before the trade it decided to go soft-shelled. I believe it was 10 minutes before the trade at most. The current status on that egg is unknown, because the person who got the egg has not unfogged it yet, and I am getting a bit concerned.

I can't recall an egg ever dying of sickness on my scroll, but I always go slightly crazy when I see I have something sick. There have been times it's gone away without me doing anything in just a couple hours, but to be safe I usually end up fogging anything sick for a night and it's better in the morning.

If I ever got a prize dragon I'd be fussy over it. xd.png

When my Neglected dragon was a little hatchling, I was so paranoid about her getting sick. I would have been very alarmed if she had gotten sick.

Really? That's quite ironic.

My worst sick dragon was my Sweetling Dorkface. I was horrified!

I think the worst eggs to have get soft shell on your would have to be a Christmas or Valentine holiday release because if you don't catch it in time and it dies you can't get another one until next year (because the dead egg still counts towards your species limit until it leaves your scroll) and lose out on your chance at a CB one.

My Guardian of Nature got soft shell AS AN ER EGG.

I was like OMRWTR IS GOING ON, fogged it overnight, and hatched it in the morning.

When the eggs got sick more easily (I think it was last Septemer or so), a blue dino egg on my scroll died.

My very first dragon I had ever gotten was a hatchling I pulled out of the AP. It was sick when I grabbed it but, being new to the whole site, I didn't know what that meant and so didn't do anything to help it. Luckily, it survived and grew up. smile.gif

I did lose a 2nd gen black to softshell, though. It was a newly lain egg, so I didn't think anything of leaving my comp for a couple hours. When I got back, it was dead but I was just in time to save another sick egg.

Summoned eggs, for sure (GoN).

Second would be prize dragons, followed by CB gold/silver/black

If I got a CB Black and it got view-bombed and got soft-shell I would be really sad and multi-click the fog button anxiously.

Never had eggs actually DIE from soft-shell. So I don't know.

My gold eggy got soft-shell today, but I fogged it in time and now is a healthy shiny hatchling. smile.gif

Hadn't an egg die from soft shell either.

I usually check and rechecl all the time, but I've become nervous after seeing some

"out of anger view-bombed" complains lately and fog them always before going to work ^^"

But the worst egg could come done with it is the Guardian of Nature. I got only one so far and they become it SO easy!

Also IF one should die out of soft shell you can never get it back again, since the lifetime summon limit is two.

(didn't read through whole thread. sorry, if it's already been said that way)

...Attempting to make ridgewing a neglected smile.gif

It's fogged so no softshell! Yay!

Edited by Mistshadow

Prize dragon. Not the first one, obviously . . . that's the best egg to get sick since it had awesome powers of immortality, but I know breeding myself another one will be recipe for a heart attack.

Edited by Goslander

I personally don't care about soft shell as long as said egg is not dead :3 There's a huge difference between how much it takes to make an egg sick and how much to kill it.

Perhaps an egg I'm trying to keep to low views to pass to someone else as a low-time hatchling..? Having high views would make that transfer riskier.

Edited by kadoatie

Back in '09, not long after i first started, i managed to get two Valentines that year. Both got sick at one point but thankfully neither of them died. I was scared while they were sick because they were SO hard to get. I had only been a member for about 2-3 weeks at that point.

yeah, i've never had one die from it either. all of my valentine eggs and my GoN had it though. I had to fog them for days. :c

If my eggs or hatchlings were sick right now, I'd die. x3

I gotta cb split hatchie. Gendered wrongly, but I'm going to use it for a project.

Fogged 2nd gen egg to use for ND experiment.

2nd gen shallow water, using for another project.

2nd gen pink hatchie, bred from CB pink and val 2011

3rd even generation ridgewing bred from ridgewingxsilver

4th even gen blue stripe hatchie.

2nd gen red stripe egg

It's weird... I've always wanted a stripe. Now I'm getting loads of 'em. o.O

But the worst time would be the time I got a CB thunder. +_+ THAT wouldda been a fail!