TJ09

2011-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

Now set a reloader to reload dragon cave site every 5 seconds... Maybe, just maybe I will be able to get the eggs if the server is back up at 7am tomorrow Singapore time.

Poor TJ, he just has problem after problem. I hope this time it's something simple.

In any case, have we any theories about the dragon other than the Rose-themed theory? I went to sleep after I caught mine, so I didn't keep track of this thread.

No theories that I've seen. The little ribbon and flower reminds me of those candy easter eggs you sometimes get, with the frosted flowers. Like so: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3423/335231..._b52342133b.jpg?

pictures of the new eggs can be found about 3 pages back if you can't wait...

probably that due to the update there were some glitches (which would explain the not working 2 eggs before server error) and now it's just down...

and yes there are 2 different errors:

500 - internal server error

503 - service not available...

just read back a bit before going insane over stuff already said neh?

I thought something was up last night when I was trying to catch my eggs, it seemed very laggy. It was the slowest loading I have ever seen, and I do not have a slow pc. I did blame it on my service provider did a quick reboot and only had my firefox running, I did somehow manage to get that 2nd egg, I actually think it was just out of pure luck.

Oooohh, I forgot to start hunting at midnight LOL.

Thankfully, I work short hours today so I can attempt to get an egg when I get home.

Are these dropping for only one day?

I hope not LOL.. I'm a little rushed for time today.. .

we don't know yet.

time will be compensated by TJ but we don't know if that means we get another day or just a few more hours, i think it depends on how long it's going to take before the server is back up

*edit* typo's etc... stupid computer

Edited by Saruwatari

I guess I'm not the only person who's getting these errors. I'm glad that I received two eggs last night. Do you know what really ticks me off, though? I hate how everybody rushes online during holidays but on regular days, there aren't too many online. I understand that it's a holiday and everybody wants to grab the holiday eggs but why aren't they online when it's not a holiday?

I think it is just that people normally spread out more. When you are scroll locked there is not much reason to be online. But for holiday eggs people take care to be unlocked to catch the limited time eggs. And they're on all on the same day instead of being spread over more days.

And I am waiting rather impatiently for the site to be back up again. Holiday eggs are really hard to catch for me and if the site doesn't get up until it is night where I live I won't have a chance at all.

Hope that my 2 eggs stay in my scroll after DC is back again.

Bit fear to loose them. Its the first Valentine I get my eggs - last year I got nothing, but I was abel to get one in the breeding time this year.

Poor TJ if it's not one thing its another. I think we broke his system last night after midnight. While I was on there were like 1,300 trying to catch on the main page. I caught my own and caught for my brother and sister-in-law who were up but they were having problems on their computers loading the page (not sure if it was the site or their computers as they had this problem at Halloween too). So every time they finally got there the egg(s) were already long gone..

Now set a reloader to reload dragon cave site every 5 seconds... Maybe, just maybe I will be able to get the eggs if the server is back up at 7am tomorrow Singapore time.

Refreshing is what causes the site to go down in the first place. Reloading every 5 seconds = refreshing every five seconds, and refreshing every five seconds = more laggy site. At least that's what happened before in Halloween... Everyone was refreshing and the site crashed sooner or later.

I Incubated mine just fine.

They don't Influence, though.

Meaning One gendered...I think...

D: The cave broke? Awww...I was hoping I'd be able to get to hunting again right after school. Ah well, TJ already has enough on his plate, I can wait until it's fixed. :3

i think it has not so much to do with auto-reload on itself...

I use it pretty often to catch an egg... almost daily...

it's a combination of changes, mostly glitches and lots of people online who go reload often cause they want the new cool egsies....

Well I took a nap before first drop last night so I could grab a couple.

Then I passed out like I've never slept before..

And I wake up and 500- Internal Server Error.....

Fail for me D:

We had an earthquake here in Germany half an hour ago unsure.gif

On topic: I caught my two valentine eggs early this morning (got up 6am my CET - my time zone) - and I keep my fingers crossed for all players still in need to hunt and catch them.

I'm sure TJ will fix the problem as soon as possible.

Poor TJ if it's not one thing its another. I think we broke his system last night after midnight. While I was on there were like 1,300 trying to catch on the main page. I caught my own and caught for my brother and sister-in-law who were up but they were having problems on their computers loading the page (not sure if it was the site or their computers as they had this problem at Halloween too). So every time they finally got there the egg(s) were already long gone..

I had same thing happening to me last night. I have a friend who has a handicap, she can't move her hands fast enough to catch these holidays. My mission when i woke up was to check her scrol and see if her mom got her them if not I was going to give it a go. I will just wait and see when the site is back up and running.

My heart goes out to TJ and everyone who works so hard to keep this up and running, as well as the artists who work so hard for us. it must be really be stressful on them when things like this happen.

*posts comment of last page again to avoid drama made by people who don't read the last page before they post*

pictures of the new eggs can be found about 4pages back if you can't wait...

probably that due to the update there were some glitches (which would explain the not working 2 eggs before server error) and now it's just down...

and yes there are 2 different errors:

500 - internal server error

503 - service not available...

Uh oh.... I'm sorry for all those who didn't had the chance to catch an egg before the error.

But I also fear for my V-Day eggs... unsure.gif I hope they are still there when the problem is fixed.

[EDIT:]

P.s.: To all who don't know what the new Valentine egg looks like...take a look at my valentine-signature. wink.gif

Edited by Nyastara

Meh, stupid error. I hope the people who didn't manage to get 1 thouhg to the error will get 1/2 for free.

I have to go to school now. I woke up early to have some time to catch my Vday eggs, but obviously that didn't happen smile.gif Hopefully the cave will be fixed when I get home. Those eggs look very pretty! Congrats to those who already caught theirs.