TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I've finished mine, now I just have to keep my itchy fingers off of it!

ROFL! Ditto! I do that to the cChristmas tree at home, and by george, I just did that to my tree on DC. I gotta stop messing with it!

When the voting starts, can we see how our tree is doing, or do we have to wait until the end?

We have to wait until the bitter end! laugh.gif I know my chances are..... ^.~ but the suspense is killing me nevertheless.

how many people is going to participate?

so, we will know our chances!!

I think that there will be like 10.000 trees :/ (maybe more ohmy.gif)

so, chances are 50:10.000 xd.png

I do hope that TJ tells us how many trees we have to judge just as soon as the submissions close. It would be fun to know that we have voted on 1 tree with thousands more to go.

We could even sing the song "99 bottles of beer on the wall", but substitute the lyrics to fit with the tree theme...

"100,000 trees to vote on, 100,000 trees.

View one now, write score down.

99,999 trees to vote on."

xd.png

I do hope that TJ tells us how many trees we have to judge just as soon as the submissions close. It would be fun to know that we have voted on 1 tree with thousands more to go.

We could even sing the song "99 bottles of beer on the wall", but substitute the lyrics to fit with the tree theme...

xd.png

Oh god, I don't even want to think about it!

After user voting is over, the top 200 will become finalists and from those, I will pick 5 first place winners, 10 second place winners, 15 third place winners, and 20 honorable mentions.

Are the top 30 picked out or the 30 TJ likes best?

xd.png

You are hilarious xd.png

are you talking about 100.000?!?!

OMG, I was thinking in 10.000!!!

O-O

Just made up a really large number to use. I certainly hope we don't have that many to vote on... xd.pnglaugh.gif

Are the top 30 picked out or the 30 TJ likes best?

TJ handpicks the top 30 out of like, 200 highest voted.

Looking forward to seeing all the other trees - I have submitted mine hoping that it means I will not continue to move a piece of decoration a 1/4 of a mm LOL

I have made a tree that I would like to have in my home - now we will just have to see what others think about it smile.gif

Ty TJ and Spriters this has been great fun - I am not going to pretend I wouldn't enjoy to be among the 50 best - but either way - GREAT JOB

And I really enjoyed that u tried to implement Christmas traditions from several countries smile.gif

I've submitted mine last night. I'm happy with what I did and excited to see the other trees. Even if I don't win, I had fun decorating.

Good luck everyone! smile.gif

I'm pleased with my tree, but by no means will it be a winner. It's too simple, too traditional, but it's exactly how I'd have liked to decorate our tree in real life if my husband and I had had more time to do so.

Best of luck to everyone! I can't wait to see what others have done and eventually what the special dragons look like.

Ohh, I do love how the separate ornaments "light up" now when you hover over them. If only this was implemented sooner! xP

Again, good luck everyone. =)

???

They always did for me.... though the garlands sometimes obscure...

Some ornaments will not go on top of other ones no matter what though - try some of the BIG dragon toppers - gold is always on top on one side, and silver on the other..... I just saw this as an extra challenge !

I would say good luck everyone - but it would be insincere biggrin.gif

Good luck ME smile.gif

There's 127 pages, so I'm not going to hunt. Could someone please tell me whether the glitch, if it is a glitch, has been fixed on the trees? When I submitted mine, like every one else's, it changed back to the previous state. Was it submitted properly, or do I need to redo it?

I do hope I get the prize dragon. If they can be traded, I plan to have out a list for people to sign up to get offspring of it. But that requires I win. -shrugs- And I never win things. I have yet to Summon successfully. Still, it's been much fun trying.

There's 127 pages, so I'm not going to hunt. Could someone please tell me whether the glitch, if it is a glitch, has been fixed on the trees? When I submitted mine, like every one else's, it changed back to the previous state. Was it submitted properly, or do I need to redo it?

I do hope I get the prize dragon. If they can be traded, I plan to have out a list for people to sign up to get offspring of it. But that requires I win. -shrugs- And I never win things. I have yet to Summon successfully. Still, it's been much fun trying.

It is totally fixed - and if you submitted already you can still edit after you submit and do NOT need to resubmit; your entry is your name; your tree will be entered as it looks when TJ locks them tomorrow some time.

It is totally fixed - and if you submitted already you can still edit after you submit and do NOT need to resubmit; your entry is your name; your tree will be entered as it looks when TJ locks them tomorrow some time.

I'm understanding this to mean that if I leave my tree as it is now--having returned to its old look due to the 'glitch'--that if I leave it, it will be submitted in its old look. So I do need to redecorate it to how I want it, then leave it.

Rrr.

Oh, well. -goes to move baubles-

I'm understanding this to mean that if I leave my tree as it is now--having returned to its old look due to the 'glitch'--that if I leave it, it will be submitted in its old look. So I do need to redecorate it to how I want it, then leave it.

Rrr.

Oh, well. -goes to move baubles-

You understand me precisely. Sorry !

You know, there really are some amazing, talented and creative people keeping this site going. I want to offer Kudos to TJ and all the spriters - it's kind of cool how they keep bringing new and interesting offerings to the cave!

Some ornaments will not go on top of other ones no matter what though - try some of the BIG dragon toppers - gold is always on top on one side, and silver on the other..... I just saw this as an extra challenge !

Yup. And extremely frustrating to people who are OCD about symmetry like me. I wish those 3 big ornaments pairs were facing each other instead of facing the same way. Because of that, and because how big they are, I didn't use them at all on my tree.

YAAAAAAAAAAAY !!! It works ! My tree is saving. I had to reset it but, well, the result is all that matters isn't it?

I hope I'll win something... Good luck to you all !

Yup. And extremely frustrating to people who are OCD about symmetry like me. I wish those 3 big ornaments pairs were facing each other instead of facing the same way. Because of that, and because how big they are, I didn't use them at all on my tree.

^ Same.

Well, I went back and did all the redecorating that was lost. My tree is garish and some things are hard to see, but I think it looks nice. It's sparkly. laugh.gif

I do so hope I win something. It would be nice, and I would love to spread the prize dragons if possible. Good luck to everyone.