TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Does anyone know if you can place things around the tree, but not on them? I have some candles on the "wall" and added some orniments as presents, and I would love to be able to be entered in the contest.

This event is just epic ! For once we can arrange things how we want them !

And since we got new decorations once a week it's easier for me to have them all. I can't spend so much time on the internet so usually I'm unable to catch them all. So I'm VERY happy ^^

And the contest is a nice bonus.

I got the problem with the tinsels as well, they seem to have a very large selection zone. But it only takes a little more time to set ornaments, not so bad, really.

Teap, I put ornaments as presents too and I think people will see them once the trees are public, but I'm not so sure about candles on the wall. If they are see-through it means people won't see them.

Edited by Asmodel

Does anyone know if you can place things around the tree, but not on them? I have some candles on the "wall" and added some orniments as presents, and I would love to be able to be entered in the contest.

From what I understand, as long as the ornament's not so far from the tree that it's grayed out, it will be visible, and we're allowed to put them wherever we like.

I hope people like my tree. It's funny. Teheh. *maybe they'll get the joke*

I love the ornaments. They are so pretty. What would it take to become one of those that pixels stuff? Do I have to submit samples or something?

I donno why, but I absolutely love the little glass ornaments~! I aslo love that little gold reindeer. I don't think I'll use any garland on my tree. All of them (so far), paired with my ornaments, make my tree look cluttered.

...I keep finding myself decorating my tree, reseting it when I get new ornaments, then redecorating it in almost exactly the same way as before I reset it. It's tedious and kinda pointless, but my OCD side won't let me NOT do it. xd.png

Also, I think my ornaments are moving by themselves O.o. Or I'm crazy. Or both.

Another random comment: whenever the winners are announced, I think it'd be nice to see all of the qualifying trees.

Edited by Blood-Otherium

I donno why, but I absolutely love the little glass ornaments~! I aslo love that little gold reindeer.

I was very glad to see the golden stag make an appearance. I've seen the ornaments IRL and they are wonderful smile.gif

All the tree decorating makes me want to go out and buy real ornaments, lol.

i love the free extra lights biggrin.gif my tree is very shiny now xd.png

So... I just saw the button that said "add more popcorn garland or Christmas Lights", and I've found the lights (took me a little while to realise they were stacked), but what the heck is popcorn garland? Just a description would do, so I know what I'm looking for. Thanks! biggrin.gif

ETA: NVM, I found it hiding under the extra lights!

Edited by Amazon_warrior

i love the free extra lights biggrin.gif my tree is very shiny now xd.png

Mine too... I love it, and keep going back to check how pretty it looks. tongue.gif As well as rearranging to my suddenly ultra-faddy specifications. rolleyes.gif

Too many ornaments *.* too many ornaments *.*

*wants more and more and more, 'till July almost could be enough*

Love the tiny glass but they seem to be very popular, I'll think about something else wink.gif

I hope people like my tree. It's funny. Teheh. *maybe they'll get the joke*

I love the ornaments. They are so pretty. What would it take to become one of those that pixels stuff? Do I have to submit samples or something?

Well, if you get a dragon in cave and become an in cave artist, you could participate. Some events have been opened to those friends of artists that they felt comfortable with knowing they would keep the secret. :3

I have to say I love the snow globe, and the little border is just gorgeous. <3

Hi Callisto214, we've been through the same RL year here, and the online trees have been wonderful for us as well! Thank you to TJ, all the spriters and other elves that have made this happen! Good wishes to you, Callisto, and your family, and everyone else on the site here for a healthy, wonderfully happy 2011! wub.gif

And TJ, I love the way you worked out the lights! Perfect! biggrin.gif

Same here. We didn't have Christmas at all except for the afternoon I spent at my dad's. Barely keeping our heads above water. So playing with this little tree has been so much fun!

What extra lights are you talking about?

I didn't get any. X_X

Above your tree it says "If you would like more popcorn garland or Christmas lights, click here to receive up to 20."

I asked for more garlands/popcorn to be added just to see if it works.

/science student

:B

Meanwhile, all my decorations are currently dragged to the brown areas outside the scroll so that I can see them all and ponder.

Meanwhile, all my decorations are currently dragged to the brown areas outside the scroll so that I can see them all and ponder.

Mine instead are divided in: used (already on the tree), discarded (keeped one on the other for save space) and "I like them, maybe I can use them later" (just under the discarded group). biggrin.gif

I SOOOOOOO hope there will be a star to put on top of the tree - I know that is not a tradition in the States - an angel at the top just looks wrong to me /sigh

This is however tremendous fun.

I am wondering if the entire area with the holly branches will be there when the tree is viewed - I very much hope so

I love all of the decorations and it gets my little sister joining in to decide where my deco will go.

Of course, I'll arrange it properly before the voting though!

I SOOOOOOO hope there will be a star to put on top of the tree - I know that is not a tradition in the States - an angel at the top just looks wrong to me /sigh

Yes, I need a star tree-top too. My tree looks empty without it... sad.gif

And maybe some little red ribbons.

I created a badge similar to the ToT badge I made if anyone wants to use it biggrin.gif

user posted image

thank you and that's awesome!!! (added to my siggy) biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

The decorations are nice (some are a bit unconventional but I guess that's what's good about an int'l forum^^)

I also hope for a star for the top of the tree smile.gif