TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I absolutely LOVE the little snowflake! Much love for whoever made it.

I absolutely LOVE the little snowflake! Much love for whoever made it.

Umbreonage made it. Dis has a credit post on the first page.

I really love the rocking horse, gold deer, candles, and the birds.... I thought I knew what I was going to do with my tree until tonight when the silver garland and the iced ball and the snow flake showed up oh how I wish i had more snow flakes and silver birds I know what id do lol

biggrin.gif I love the snowflake and the bird! Whoever made the little birds, thank you! They're really nice!

I wonder how many HM's will ask for Hollies? How many for Frills? Those two would be the most likely to be asked for. This contest is FUN! ninja.gif

biggrin.gif I love the snowflake and the bird! Whoever made the little birds, thank you! They're really nice!

TheAntimonyElement made all of the birds. On the front page of this thread, right under TJ's post, Dis has a post that gives all the credits.

Geez since I'm on central time I missed two days of ornaments! o_0

yeah I really love the ornaments.

My fave is Jan. 2 ornaments. I put those vase-like things under my tree.

Can anyone contribute ornaments?

I like the silver garland, and the gold too, I have yet to choose a theme. I'll wait until I have all the ornaments before I decide. It's hard now without enough ornaments of a single color.

Love the birdies, I'm such a bird nerd.

I wonder how many HM's will ask for Hollies? How many for Frills? Those two would be the most likely to be asked for. This contest is FUN!

I would probably ask for a CB Holly, CB Ribbon(since mine died), CB Frill.

One of those 3, leaning towards Holly, just to have that rare dragon in my collection. I can catch ribbons next year, and I already have a family of Frills.

Edited by GoldenPhoenix

TheAntimonyElement made all of the birds. On the front page of this thread, right under TJ's post, Dis has a post that gives all the credits.

Oh. Fail. I didn't see that DX

thanks!

Oh. Fail. I didn't see that DX

thanks!

xd.png A lot of people don't know it's there because it used to be a few posts down the page. Guess a mod or TJ made it right under TJ's post.

The silver garland is beautiful! The only problem is that it clashes with the ornaments currently on my tree. So, I'm sticking to the gold one, I guess. It was really pretty though.

And all the other ornaments were beautiful. I'm kinda upset that I didn't get to use all of them.

I'm decorating my tree as I get new ornaments but honestly once we get everything I plan on resetting and starting over from scratch. Decorating is so much fun that I "have" to keep doing it even though I plan on starting from the beginning before submitting.

I reset and start from scratch every day after I get the new ornaments. I'm having lots of fun! I'm looking forward to getting to see the lights on peoples trees - from what people say they really make the tree tons better.

There's the rocking horse, and the _____!

It's just the horse, isn't it? I guess what I really want is right-facing birds. Or even right-facing candies. Or are they poppers? I'd also like another candle for balance. LOL!

I do like the antique ornaments (the ones with the pushed in bits). We have a few of those on our tree. We used to have more when I was little, but they're very fragile and a number of them have broken over the years.

The only problem with the tinsels is that they interfere when you're trying to move other ornaments around them.

The only problem with the tinsels is that they interfere when you're trying to move other ornaments around them.

Try putting the garland on first, then the other ornaments. It should be behind the ornaments, then.

We are totally loving the tree. My niece has almost EVERYTHING on hers, laugh.gif apart from the garlands and the popcorn, and tweaks it every day. She just goes for it. She got a little frustrated with the first garlands, but seemed happier with them tonight. I suspect whichever one she chooses will go on last. wink.gif

My approach is a little different, with everything grouped on either side, as I analyze the best approach. The booties with the history, the red bird and the colored glass globes like my grandmother's, the rocking horse and the Nutcracker, ornaments like the one I got when my son was a baby. All these beautiful items to consider and place! I put it together, take it apart again, but we will be ready when the time comes. I love the lights and the popcorn strings. biggrin.gif

Personally, I'd go for the special dragon if I were one of the winners at those highest levels. I would hope that a 2nd gen of the limited release might be a good trade for a 2nd gen Holly. I'm not sure whether a Frill or a Holly would be the better choice for the honorable mention. I might never have another chance to get a Frill, and I reaaly love the Frillies, but a Holly, well, they're pretty too, and the trade possibilities might be very nice. And I'm just thinking in print again! xd.png

Try putting the garland on first, then the other ornaments. It should be behind the ornaments, then.

Yea, but then it's difficult to move the ornaments because for some reason my mouse always picks up the garland :/

Yea, but then it's difficult to move the ornaments because for some reason my mouse always picks up the garland :/

That's weird. It should be under all the other stuff. Meh, I dunno. Good luck with it. ^.^;;

im having the same problem

My tree is lookin' good ^^

Really, I have all the ornaments I need now, so i'm just moving each day's out of the way.