TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

"There are 'xx' trees submitted to the contest. You've voted 'xx' so far."

I'm totaly agree with you

*scratches her head* Maybe there should be some kind of counter in a corner. Something like

"There are 'xx' trees submitted to the contest. You've voted 'xx' so far."

xd.png just a thought.

Honestly I'd probably take one look at how many trees are in the contest, scream, and exit out of the window tongue.gif

My Rating guide

1) Blank tree/ornament overload

2-4) Defined colour OR defined pattern OR defined picture OR defined design

5) Good use of above

6) Composition is good in addition

7-10) Minimal simplistic shows choice and DEFINITE selection of items.

Guys blank tree = decorating reset glitch

Then that would be really sad cos every blank tree i see, gets a 1. I kinda don't think it could be a glitch cos I see lots of trees with their garlands, lights off to the side or bottom of the tree and I take those to be glitches but the blank trees are just...blank. No baubles, lights, garlands floating nearby at all so I think those are kind of deliberate. *shrugs*

I feel kind of bad for all of the silver/blue combinations because after the last fifty I just went through, I'm not too symphathetic towards them. And that's too bad, because they're pretty but... well, silver and blue. If one would grab my attention, then hurrah, but none really so far except for the first one all that while ago.

I see lots of silver and gold themed, but still vote them fair, even though some really look similar to each other.

I feel kind of bad for all of the silver/blue combinations because after the last fifty I just went through, I'm not too symphathetic towards them. And that's too bad, because they're pretty but... well, silver and blue. If one would grab my attention, then hurrah, but none really so far except for the first one all that while ago.

I just pretend I've never seen that color scheme before and look at how they pulled it off. laugh.gif

And OT, but is that a BJD in your icon?

I see lots of silver and gold themed, but still vote them fair, even though some really look similar to each other.

I've fallen into giving them about a four unless they deserve better at this point.

Just found a bare tree that had just a golden dragon topper. It was ... kind of refreshing o_O

But I am off and away because I am now more blind then before and hungry. Also, we have some six/seven more days of voting. Goodness o__O

Goodluck, all of you~

I seem to be giving a lot of 1's out - heaps of trees either with nothing, one ornament, completely overloaded or with ornaments floating in space.

Just came across a tree decorated with blue, purple and silver. It looked fabulous, especially with all the lights surrounding it. I haven't yet given a 10, but that tree was pretty close.

I personally thought my tree was cluttered. Then I started voting. xd.png.

Then that would be really sad cos every blank tree i see, gets a 1. I kinda don't think it could be a glitch cos I see lots of trees with their garlands, lights off to the side or bottom of the tree and I take those to be glitches but the blank trees are just...blank. No baubles, lights, garlands floating nearby at all so I think those are kind of deliberate. *shrugs*

Glitch resulted in trees reset and not saving, that's the reason TJ extended the deadline. Some people likely didn't realise the glitch existed

I just pretend I've never seen that color scheme before and look at how they pulled it off. laugh.gif

My problem is that I keep seeing that color scheme and they all look the same xd.png;

and yes'm, it is! That's Jessen's back. xd.png; He's a CP Delf El and old as the hills now. ^^

I often tend to vote 1 or just 2 because it just doesn't... I dunno, most trees are not an eye-catch for me, but there are definitely some really nice ones I rate fair.

Same, now it feels like it has almost nothing on it xd.png

Same. I don't really think it's fair to vote a tree bad just because "I've seen that color scheme a million times." To be honest, most of the trees from 20 votes onward would get a lower rating if I chose to rate that way. smile.gif

Just found a bare tree that had just a golden dragon topper. It was ... kind of refreshing o_O

That is really sad.

What's more said is that I can empathise with you.

Same, now it feels like it has almost nothing on it xd.png

I did use most of the ornaments, but I think I pulled it off rather well. One candle still bugs me. I didn't use more than one topper though. xd.png I've actually seen an extra silver topper used rather nicely. It was sitting on a present with the cone covering the missing areas.

I've actually seen an extra silver topper used rather nicely. It was sitting on a present with the cone covering the missing areas.

I've seen some of those too, it's interesting to see trees where the extra toppers actually 'work'.

I hope people aren't just rushing through trees...

I mean, some trees actually have patterns on them. Some of said trees require one to actually take a moment to look at them. >.>

I've found a few trees that actually have nice patterns on them after you get past all the tinsel lD

It is sad, that there are so many trees with not right placed ornaments.

----

It would be fun if we could see in the end how many trees we have rated.

YES !

I suspect that a few blanks are people who aren't on the forum who saw the tree, thought WTF and clicked submit to see what happened !

There are a lot where the blinking lights garland seems to have declared independence. Given the glitch, I am pretending it isn't there !

I am finding the ones where ALL the toppers were used a mite HEAVY.....

Edited by fuzzbucket