TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

AWWWW (finally!)

Tree with a big drop, formed out of bubbles in the colors of the rainbow and a star in the middle!

<= likes

I just saw that too! <3

I generally give all those who have layer over layer of garlands and all bobbles crammed on it and all toppers trapped under the garland a 1. It's not pretty. At all. And toppers are... toppers. They need room.

Though I just found the first really crowded tree that I think is actually pretty, though not something I'd put in my living room because of all the gold. But you can really see the effort and despite being full, each ornament has space to shine - I like those kind of trees. I dislike very empty tree with only a handful of baubles. They are too boring.

And then there was the rainbow tree. That one was crowded, but really, really beautiful. I think I gave that one top marks so far.

Has anyone else realized that the little flame IS a little flame? Ive only seen a few trees with the flame coming out of a dragons mouth and even one fire breathing cardinal (which was really cute). The rest just seem to place it randomly.

There are also trees with a heart made of baubles, and under the heart a 'DC' - interesting idea.

Edited by Aurora-Silver

Do we know how many trees were submitted in total?

I'm wondering that myself, actually. I'd love to know how many people submitted trees to the contest!

That was my... third thought. xd.png

Just saw a tree with a "D."

What do these all meeeeean? o___O

Mayeb the 'D' stands for 'Dragon'? Eh, I don't know. It was the first thing to pop to mind.

My mom is going to kill me... But, I no want to get off! xd.png I must but I don't...

I like those rainbow-trees, because people actually have to think about how they decorate it and what fits and what not!

That was my... third thought. xd.png

Just saw a tree with a "D."

What do these all meeeeean? o___O

Clearly it's a conspiracy.

Because they are covered in tinsel?  YES.  YES I HAVE.

*Break out the jaws of life.* I'LL SAVE YOU LITTLE BUDDIES!

On that note, I actually just saw a tree that did not use ANY of the parrots or dragons and looked quite nice. I gave it a nine.

Oh, and I also stumbled across a tree with a dragon made out of ornaments that I believe a few of you have already described:

Edit: Link removed, because I am stupid. :B

Edited by Cirvihi

Has anyone else realized that the little flame IS a little flame? Ive only seen a few trees with the flame coming out of a dragons mouth and even one fire breathing cardinal (which was really cute). The rest just seem to place it randomly.

Dunno about flame, but the one I just voted on has their topper "breathing fire" through use of the teeny, red raptor.

I am actually surprised by how many of the "crowded" trees look nice. There's some that turn me way off, that just look like eyesores (most, actually..). But then there's some that somehow look tremendously awesome, despite looking like every single item given out is on the tree. I can't put my finger on it!

Of course, I am a fan of the simpler trees, too. smile.gif My own tree is very simple....and it feels slightly naked to me, after seeing some of your trees. xd.png So I'm hoping we can decorate them again after the event for our own enjoyment!

I was like O.o??? when a friend from the u.s. asked me about the pickle!

I never heard about that, and she kept telling me I had to, because it´s a german custom!

*shakes head*

After seeing more than one dragon and bird toppers used again and again and again(other than the empty ones), I had a thought:

....Maybe the toppers are what the prize dragons will look like? Or maybe clues to what type of dragon they are? Maybe the "gold" is an eastern version of it, the "silver" is a western version, and the "bronze" is a bird-like version?(or whatever style for whichever place).

I'm not sure, though. It seems a bit too diverse for alternate dragons to be different types...

......are any one else's arms starting to hurt from voting...?

Dunno about flame, but the one I just voted on has their topper "breathing fire" through use of the teeny, red raptor.

is it a little red raptor? I had no Idea but unique nevertheless. ^___^

I was like O.o??? when a friend from the u.s. asked me about the pickle!

I never heard about that, and she kept telling me I had to, because it´s a german custom!

*shakes head*

I just heard about it this year, too. I thought it was cute- the first person to find the pickle gets to pick the first present. Or so I was told ^^ Don't know the story behind the potato though...

I haven't seen any outstanding trees

Oh, and I also stumbled across a tree with a dragon made out of ornaments that I believe a few of you have already described:

[link]

Not the one I saw- oh, and a mod mentioned no posting trees awhile back I think.

Edited by Khymarea

I set my own tree to a rating of five and decide, whether the tree I see looks better or worse than mine or equal and I have to admit, there were a lot worse... people trying to fit in every Ornament they had, or seemingly desperatly trying to fit in 4 treetoppers (well a tree can only have one top, so you more or less have to decide wich to pick) or those "I love DC"-, "DC"- or "TJ"-trees

Not saying that those arrangements can not look good, but as far as I have seen they did not...

I just heard about it this year, too. I thought it was cute- the first person to find the pickle gets to pick the first present. Or so I was told ^^ Don't know the story behind the potato though...

Yeah, but I´m from germany, and we certainly don´t have such a thing as a chrismtas pickle here

My friend googled it, and found out that obviously german imigrants invented that stuff.

I even went so far to ask some other friends in different parts of germany, and they only laughed at me, telling me I was making up the pickle-thing, because it´s really not known here!

is it a little red raptor? I had no Idea but unique nevertheless. ^___^

user posted image

This one? I think it is. (And the image is labeled 'raptor.') *shrug* I like the idea, too. ^^