TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Ugh...are all the face trees starting to creep anyone else out? ._.

Somehow they have been avoiding me lately, though i do stumble upon something like 'DC 11' once in a while

xd.png I got a tree where one of the little birds is used as a tree topper and it's wearing a glass bubble as a helmet...Yay for the astronaut-bird! laugh.gif

Oh! At last I found a good one...It's rather traditional, but I liked it!! It's in silver and blue colours. There's also a dragon on the top hanging a star! At last I can put a 10 wub.gif

Woah.

I actually just saw a tree that DID have a lot of ornaments on it...but I scored it a 10.

The arrangement and use of the ornaments in consideration with color and design was actually pretty professional. It was surprising really; especially considering how most of the trees with a majority of the ornaments on them make me vote on the opposite end of the scale. I guess it just goes to show you how applying a lot of creativity can change your perspective on things.

I hope so...I used a lot with what I believe to have been taste and artistic flair tongue.gif

What is everyone else doing about the ones where the tinsel is off to one side and loads of random ornaments are still on the page ? Assume it was the glitch and disregard or what ? Some look like that CAN'T have been just that.... (I'm allowing the string of lights, as that was known to be moving on the last day...)

Oh no! I just found out about that I missed a day of ornaments! D: Oh that is such a pitty!

The Tree toppers are reeeally pretty, I agree, but I'm starting to get tired of trees using ALL of them sleep.gif'

They just look way too heavy for my tastes.

Ok this one face tree is seriously creepy...

I havn't see a face tree at all o.O

I just got a:

Sorry, your voting ticket has expired. Here's a new tree:

hmmmm, don't know what that means.

Uhh...hmmm...anyone else see the swastika tree? >.>

I saw one that kind of looked like one, but I wasn't /sure/

Now this isn't fun. Some of my ornaments moved by their own after i finished decorating! So i can't fix it anymore.. oh well, i guess i should just be glad that they're not so bad this way, either.

[i feel like my english sucks in this message - even more than usually, i mean :'D well i just hope you can undestand..]

The TJ-centred star is rather clever - kudos to someone for that biggrin.gif

I am beginning to realise there is one thing in particular that makes me mark down.... Best not say what as it is a matter of taste - but UGH !

I've done about 200 now - best go do housework for a bit ! Still no face !

What is everyone else doing about the ones where the tinsel is off to one side and loads of random ornaments are still on the page ? Assume it was the glitch and disregard or what ? Some look like that CAN'T have been just that.... (I'm allowing the string of lights, as that was known to be moving on the last day...)

Mostly giving them the benefit of the doubt and blaming a glitch. Or thinking they moved the ornament far enough to the side for it to "disappear" from the judging area when they actually didn't. There are some where the floaters look deliberate, though. >>

I saw it and thought the same thing, but I think it's supposed to be like a throwing star or something.

Woohooo I found one with another dragon design! wub.gif

So far my most favorites are the snake tree, dragon tree, dragon tree no.2, winged tree with tail and the snowman tree.

WAS it sort of curly ? If I see one that ACTUALLY is... mad.gif

(though let's don't forget the "bad" swastika IS a corruption of a Hindu image which was a symbol meaning "let good prevail" so it MIGHT be an "anti-swastika".... a peace thing....