TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Found one with 42 out of baubles! (ETA: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference.)

I'm rather fond of the ones with that have an eastern dragon topper looking thoughtfully up at a star. Seen a few of them. I also love the ones with angels in front of stars - wonderfully effective!

Edited by order_of_chaos

I also saw that tree. But why 42?

Just got that one as well. biggrin.gif

Apparently the number 42 signifies the answer to the world or something... :s I asked a friend once - it's a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference, they said.

I also saw that tree. But why 42?

Because: it's the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

.......You'd need to read/watch Hitchhicker's Guide To The Galaxy.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Edited by Cirvihi

Has anyone seen that one that's got a little dragon made of ornaments floating just off the side of the tree?

It's decorated pretty well, looks like they wanted to do something with leftover ornaments xd.png

Just saw for myself the overlapping clear and solid baubles technique for the glossy look - very nice indeed. =)

Also saw an interlinked DC tree. Reminded me immediately of Chanel's logo when I saw it. xd.png +1 brownie points c:

42 is the meaning of life, the Universe and everything.

I'm trying to stay away from the voting page because it's too addictive, and I have stuff to do today. D:

Just saw one with a topper with a raptor-bowtie! Beneath was a dragon blowing bubbles, constructed out of ornaments. I think this is the first score over 7 I've handed out.

(And I believe I'll end my night's voting on that high note. xd.png )

I'm taking screencaps of my favourite trees, those that I gave 8 or more (or sometimes 7 if they were pretty but had a small flaw...) I wonder how many if any of them turn up among the winners.

I wish more people, especially those with 'creative' designs like letters or faces had actually tried using the tree as a 3 dimensional tree instead of a flat green backdrop.

I'm taking screencaps of my favourite trees, those that I gave 8 or more (or sometimes 7 if they were pretty but had a small flaw...) I wonder how many if any of them turn up among the winners.

I wish more people, especially those with 'creative' designs like letters or faces had actually tried using the tree as a 3 dimensional tree instead of a flat green backdrop.

I love you... in a totally platonic way.

Me too! I gave 1 only that one tree that wasn't decorated at all.

I'm afraid I have given quite a few 1s.... I am trying to be fair, and some trees deserve all the other numbers and some - well - don't... BACK TO IT NOW !

ETA OK who wrote PLOK on their tree ???

Edited by fuzzbucket

So very true

I saw a tree with "PLOK" on it. huh.gif I don't know the meaning of that word.

Where do I go to vote?

edit - found it

Edited by nooey

What do you want to be that if we do this again next year almost every tree is half naked? lol

Ha, so far I've seen..

A little wyvern made of ornaments

Pacman

The angel and gingerbread man hanging from balloons

A star made of baubles

A minimalist tree (two baubles, a candle and a bird)

A dragon playing the horn

Three trees that seem to have had every ornament and all three tinsel sets crammed on

A lovely rainbow spiral

Did somebody encounter the own tree yet or is that not possible?

Voting is a good time-killer but I start to lose my will xd.png

I also just saw that word, wasn't sure if it said PLOK or PLOR or something else... no idea what it means.

Voting is quite difficult. I looked at some trees first without giving votes, just to get an impression of the "range" that there is, but I still don't know how to make sure my votes are fair.

I just decide how much I like a tree, but I know other people would probably like a tree very much that I give a 3, or they wouldn't like one I give an 8... So maybe in the end the average is fair, even if the individual numbers are not?

For example, I don't like trees that look like someone just tried to use all the ornaments. Or trees full of blinkling lights that make me nervous. But on the other hand, you might as well say trees with very few ornaments are boring. And except for trees with surprising ideas, everyone will probably think those trees are the best that look most like their own trees, because of course everyone decorated their own tree in the way they found the most beautiful...

Umm. What I'm trying to say with way too many words is: I'm probably thinking too much, and I hope everyone has fun with looking at all those trees. smile.gif