sharlykng

Midnight Madness

((Sharly's in testing, testing season sucks. Better things to do.

@Orange, one, I'd like to correct that there are not dragons, but a small dragon-like creature called a Drako. Secondly you can't change into a field mouse, since this ISN'T Earth. If your going to change into something look at the creature list on the first post.))

"Great." Tyflos said with enthusiasm.

He took the fire-hardened branch off the fire. Set it aside, and began softening the flat stone over the fire.

Benny came over with what was left of their goods, two loafs of bread and three applelike fruits.

"Hungry?" Benny asked to anyone.

Tyflos just took an applelike fruit and ate it.

((I just noticed a typo in one of my posts but non of us said anything about it lol))

Chawnre nodded "a snack would be helpful." he said before taking a loaf and a fruit (The whole loaf do to his size)

Edited by little lost dragon

((I probably noticed, but wrote it off as "I think I get the point anyways."))

Tyflos stared idly at the stone, it was soft now, and ready to be broken down. He made a 90 degrees angle with his thumbs, both facing outward, placed them over where the edges of the tip should be, and cracked it on a rock. The outcome was a rough arrowhead. He began whittling it into shape.

Benny took the whittling knife and found a sap-producing tree. eventually found one, he cut a hole in it with the knife, he then clogged the hole with the butt of the knife and came back.

Tyflos looked around and saw Benny's blur thrashing about through the trees.

"So, Chawnre, tell me a bit about yourself, as it seems we'll be fighting together all night, might as well get to know each other." He said walking the stick over to the tree, taking out the knife, and putting one end in. He pulled it out, and placed the, now, perfectly crafted arrow-tip, on. Twisted it and came back. He held it over the fire and let the sap harden.

Edited by Dusset

(( And I can't type thats suppost to be snack. I keep getting the spelling mixed sorry))

((I probably noticed, but wrote it off as "I think I get the point anyways."))

Tyflos stared idly at the stone, it was soft now, and ready to be broken down. He made a 90 degrees angle with his thumbs, both facing outward, placed them over where the edges of the tip should be, and cracked it on a rock. The outcome was a rough arrowhead. He began whittling it into shape.

Benny took the whittling knife and found a sap-producing tree. eventually found one, he cut a hole in it with the knife, he then clogged the hole with the butt of the knife and came back.

Tyflos looked around and saw Benny's blur thrashing about through the trees.

"So, Chawnre, tell me a bit about yourself, as it seems we'll be fighting together all night, might as well get to know each other." He said walking the stick over to the tree, taking out the knife, and putting one end in. He pulled it out, and placed the, now, perfectly crafted arrow-tip, on. Twisted it and came back. He held it over the fire and let the sap harden.

"What sort of stuff do you want to know?" he asked having never really been hanging out with anyone "I fight mainly with range but will assist in melee if required. I perfer range combat though." he said "How'd I come about? I don't know kind of was met to be somethings food when I hatched. Though I hide in a dead egg and it fell for that your kind found me and here I am."

Th arrow was about done, now he just needed the backings. So he smarted looking for triangle-like stones, he found three and did a similar trick to them that he did to the arrow-head.

"Sounds kind of boring, -, of course." He said and he started making notches for the rocks to fit in. "I was kind of expecting some fantastic, amazing story about how you got here or something. I don't know."

When he was don with the notches he sapped it and set the now-perfect rock backings on to it, set it over the fire and let the sap harden.

Th arrow was about done, now he just needed the backings. So he smarted looking for triangle-like stones, he found three and did a similar trick to them that he did to the arrow-head.

"Sounds kind of boring, -, of course." He said and he started making notches for the rocks to fit in. "I was kind of expecting some fantastic, amazing story about how you got here or something. I don't know."

When he was don with the notches he sapped it and set the now-perfect rock backings on to it, set it over the fire and let the sap harden.

"Boring? You try being somethings food. You try to hide in a egg in a attempt to get away. You try to keep silent when hunter picks up the egg your in." Chawnre said "So anyway what about you?" he asked

"My apologies Chawnre." Tyflos said. "My story isn't to terribly amazing either, but, lets give it a shot."

The sap hardened and he slipped the arrow into the Quiver with the other giant arrows. Benny was passed out in the satchel, which he had claimed as his.

"Let's see. Well... I was blind since birth. Lived a normal life, well, 'normal'. I took up archery at seven. People were amazed that I could even hit the target, let alone, hit a bull's eye, then split that very arrow. I started using longbows and went hunting pretty often with my father. Then when I was fourteen, both my parents died in battle with the Mondagans. After that I left I left. I wandered around the land trying to forget life really. I met Benny not long after I left and saved him from Fownir. He thanked me and we've been friends since. So now I'm back, taking vengeance, but mainly because I have nothing better to do." He said.

He put out the fire and looked into the field. Both sides were setting up.

"The battle'll be soon." He said.

"My apologies Chawnre." Tyflos said. "My story isn't to terribly amazing either, but, lets give it a shot."

The sap hardened and he slipped the arrow into the Quiver with the other giant arrows. Benny was passed out in the satchel, which he had claimed as his.

"Let's see. Well... I was blind since birth. Lived a normal life, well, 'normal'. I took up archery at seven. People were amazed that I could even hit the target, let alone, hit a bull's eye, then split that very arrow. I started using longbows and went hunting pretty often with my father. Then when I was fourteen, both my parents died in battle with the Mondagans. After that I left I left. I wandered around the land trying to forget life really. I met Benny not long after I left and saved him from Fownir. He thanked me and we've been friends since. So now I'm back, taking vengeance, but mainly because I have nothing better to do." He said.

He put out the fire and looked into the field. Both sides were setting up.

"The battle'll be soon." He said.

Chawnre nodded "Well I'm glad I found this spot. Makes my job easier to kill the others. Catch the ones retreating so they can't do anymore damage."

((Writers block))

"I'm glad too, makes my life that much easier. Last night I was on the front lines beating the crap out of Mondagans with my longbow. It's so much easier when I can actually shoot them." Tyflos said.

He looked around again, it was getting dark fast, or, at least he didn't feel the sun as much. He put the whittling knife back in his boot and stood up from the rock. Very soon there'd be a charge and the fight would start. He had sixty arrows in all, then he planned to jump down and melee with the bow.

"Ready for this?" He asked.

"As ready as I always will be." Chawnre said doing final check on his armor "The blood shead will start soon." he said after checking his armor "Your sure you want to fight that? I don't see any armor there" he asked wondering. Some times they fight in armor other times they don't.

"Well, I'm wearing leather armor, that should blunt scathing blows, but not a direct hit." Tyflos said. "Any more, it would hinder movement. See, I worked as a court Jester in Endaria for a year. So if I'm going to use what acrobatics I learned, I can't wear metal-plated armor."

He grabbed his bow from the ground and re-stringed it. Took the quiver and set it on his belt. He'd wake Benny when the time came for the melee.

"Alright, in a few minutes, it looks like the Mondagans are going to charge. Which means they'll bee closer." He announced.

Chawnre nodded then narrowed his eye focusing in on his targets. Then after a while a sound went up and the the to side began charging at each other "Let the war begin once more." Chawnre said tiredly then joined his fire in with the rest as a call was hear "OPEN FIRE!" a rain of fire and arrows come from both sides.

Endarian/Mondagan

Username: ArchiosLukos

Character Name: Lillian

Endarian or Mondagan: Endarian

Personality: Very shy around others of her kind but she treats her animal clan as brothers and sisters. From a learned behavior she retreats at a disturbance and hasn't tested her wings. Vivian is also an annoyance to Arver because of her fascination with cloaks and metal. So far she has stolen a rapier, various trinkets, and several sets of deep green clothes

Class/Position: Blader

Ability: She is very adept at handling animals

Weapon of choice: a rapier

Appearance: http://i52.tinypic.com/azgr9f.png copper hair and wings she also wears a cloak that comes down to her knees.

History: Before she was raised by creatures she had lived close to Arver in a small cabin. During one of the fights she tried to follow her parents but soon became lost. The elder Fownir at the time took her under his guidance and she had lived as such ever since. Among the Fownir she is passed between the individuals for care and mentoring.

Extra: She can understand the meaning of Fownir and also a very vague sense of Endarian

(I fixed a multitude of spelling errors and did what MS Word suggested, tell me if it needs something else)

((Uh, don't blame me, but... did you actually go edit the form?

Bold: I thought her name was Lilian?

Italic: Try reading it out loud to yourself. Does the sentence/paragraph make sense?

Extra: She can understand the meaning of Fownir and also a very vague sense of Endarian

I'm guessing -and I'm not actually supposed to- , that Lilian understands and speaks Fownir language, but only knows simple Endarian language. Am I correct? Change the form accordingly and I'll check it either tomorrow, or the day after, depending on my schedule. Good news; I passed all my tests!!))

((Gratz Sharly, now wish me luck xd.png, I hate testing season.))

Tyflos was more focused on a Tito than any Mondagan. It looked like it was the biggest one, well, it had the biggest club. It had charged and ducked a volley of arrows. Tyflos caught a bit of Chawnre's fire blast, it lit the tip of his poisoned arrow on fire. He set the fire he had put out, back on. His poison was flammable, which made it hurt more. He walked back the Chawnre and climbed on top. Half-straddling his back, he fired over his head at the Tito. Eventually he lit the club on fire, that freaked the Tito out and caused it to try to put it out by beating it against the ground. That's when Tyflos took out two arrows and fired them at the same time. They both caught in it's head and it died. The fire-lit poison had killed it instantly.

He jumped off, woke up Benny, passed him the Whittling knife just incase, and strapped on the satchel. Benny jumped up to Tyflos' shoulder. And Tyflos jumped back on to Chawnre's back. Hey, a few more feet off the ground, is a few more feet in distance.

"Hey Chawnre, think you could start flying over? It would be easier than firing from here!" He said enthusiastically.

((*sends good luck cookies* Hope you'll pass all your subjects biggrin.gif))

((*smacks head* Gah! so that's why you asked... sorry :3))

edit:

Endarian/Mondagan

Username: ArchiosLukos

Character Name: Lillian

Endarian or Mondagan: Endarian

Personality: Very shy around others of her kind but she treats her animal clan as brothers and sisters. From a learned behavior she retreats at a disturbance and hasn't tested her wings. Lillian is also an annoyance to Arver because of her fascination with cloaks and metal. So far she has stolen a rapier, various trinkets, and several sets of deep green clothes

Class/Position: Blader

Ability: She is very adept at handling animals

Weapon of choice: a rapier

Appearance: http://i52.tinypic.com/azgr9f.png copper hair and wings she also wears a cloak that comes down to her knees.

History: Before she was raised by creatures she had lived close to Arver in a small cabin. During one of the fights she tried to follow her parents but soon became lost; The elder Fownir at the time took her under his guidance and she had lived as such ever since. Among the Fownir she is passed between the individuals for care and mentoring.

(I assumed that the Fownir have no intelligent language so her native language is a mix of their communication signs and her own instinct of communication)

Edited by ArchiosLukos

((Gratz Sharly, now wish me luck xd.png, I hate testing season.))

Tyflos was more focused on a Tito than any Mondagan. It looked like it was the biggest one, well, it had the biggest club. It had charged and ducked a volley of arrows. Tyflos caught a bit of Chawnre's fire blast, it lit the tip of his poisoned arrow on fire. He set the fire he had put out, back on. His poison was flammable, which made it hurt more. He walked back the Chawnre and climbed on top. Half-straddling his back, he fired over his head at the Tito. Eventually he lit the club on fire, that freaked the Tito out and caused it to try to put it out by beating it against the ground. That's when Tyflos took out two arrows and fired them at the same time. They both caught in it's head and it died. The fire-lit poison had killed it instantly.

He jumped off, woke up Benny, passed him the Whittling knife just incase, and strapped on the satchel. Benny jumped up to Tyflos' shoulder. And Tyflos jumped back on to Chawnre's back. Hey, a few more feet off the ground, is a few more feet in distance.

"Hey Chawnre, think you could start flying over? It would be easier than firing from here!" He said enthusiastically.

Chawnre fired off another volley before responding "Flying? I suppos so." he said then took off firing off another volley all at another set of enemy's. "Normally flying as a good way to become top target." he said banking sharply to avoid a arrow.

"I want to know when the Mondagans got archers!" Tyflos shouted over the wind.

He stood up steadily on Chawnre's back, barely keeping his balance, he fired arrows by the three's. He couldn't light them on fire, as, well, the fire was back on land. But poison is painful nonetheless. Benny was clinging on to Tyflos for dear life, flying wasn't his thing.

Chawnre was having a hard time avoiding arrows while making sure Tyflos did not fall off "Sorry to bug you but could you position your self so I can maneuver with risking dropping you?" He asked with a few tings as a few arrows struck the armor on his belly.

"Don't worry about us, I've ridden worse in more awkward positions!" Tyflos yelled over the wind. He had dug his boots into Chawnre's armor, right where he wouldn't feel it. "Just act like your flying alone. If I fall, it's not like a can't glide back to Endarian lines from here!"

Benny had the Whittling knife clutched in his hand, using his tails and feet to hold on to Tyflos.

Chawnre nodded "Alright then" he said then had to drop air to avoid a few arrows then rise hard to avoid more. He grabbed a arrow from mid air and light it aflame and through it back at its shooter killing him. He then back flapped to avoid a sizable rock that was head to him and then continued on.

Tyflos wasn't even pretending this was fun. He wasn't thrashing around though, so at least he had control of where his body went, he only had to sit once and that was on the rise, but other than that standing was easy. He shot his last couple of arrows to take out another Tito, there were only three in the whole battle, he had killed two, and, maybe it was a skinchanger, that killed the last one, he wasn't sure. But as he rand out he put his bow over his shoulder. He hand-springed off Chawnre's head. Into a backflip, and ended in a divebomb that he pulled up into a stable glide back over the friendly-lines. Benny clung on to his back, the whole time, and when they landed, Benny puked. But he still had his knife.