elderberrysyrup

Summoning Discussion ver2.0

What did you use to successfully summon?  

1,588 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After being here for only less than 8 months, I have finally successfully summoned my first GoN! ^.^

It...worked?

I'm astonished at how little I care anymore.

Haha...I am waiting for the day to post the same thing. smile.gif

You guys will eventually get one, I was really happy when I got mine the egg and hatchling could have died since I put it in all possible click sites I could find (It got sick like six times I swear). Im still trying for no.2 though.

*serves the fail brownies all around, with extras for those with over a year of summonfails*

ZOMFG!!! After a gazillion fails I fell from my chair today when I FINALLY succeeded in summoning an egg!!!

Hang in there people, I'd long lost hope but apparently they do really exist tongue.gif

You guys will eventually get one, I was really happy when I got mine the egg and hatchling could have died since I put it in all possible click sites I could find (It got sick like six times I swear). Im still trying for no.2 though.

Technically, you could be summoning all your life and never be successful. You summon over a 10% chance each time, so the chance itself is never increased, no matter how many times you do it.

It works the same with the Bite action. I've killed 25 eggs in a row and then been successful, even when the chances are 25% fail, 25% success and repulsed and 50% success and stay.

You summon over a 10% chance each time, so the chance itself is never increased, no matter how many times you do it.

This is something brilliant minds can argue about. Some scientists come up with pretty strong arguments that the chance does actually very slightly increase when you try it hundreds of times. xd.png

Technically, you could be summoning all your life and never be successful. You summon over a 10% chance each time, so the chance itself is never increased, no matter how many times you do it.

It works the same with the Bite action. I've killed 25 eggs in a row and then been successful, even when the chances are 25% fail, 25% success and repulsed and 50% success and stay.

Except there are some influencing factors. If you bite an egg with over 6 days left to hatch, it is much more likely to die. If you have a dead egg on your scroll, summoning will autofail.

I suspect there are other things that influence your chances but I do not know what. When the chances are so low to begin with, it'd be nice to know how to optimize. Especially after 40+ fails in a row... I wonder when I'll hit 50? Wish I had a summoning counter.

Has the summon BSA disappeared for anyone else here? I still have the same dragons and I used to be able to summon... blink.gif

The summon action does not appear when you're egglocked. wink.gif

Still 0/∞

I don't even know when my next attempt is. I don't keep track anymore. >_>

Success with a thunder female~ 1/1 <3

The pretty will hatch on the 14th, so I'll have to think of a lovely name. (:

Wooooow, finally my 2nd success!

GoN #1: Nov 24, 2010

GoN #2: Feb 12, 2012

I think it was like try 51 or something like this. After almost two years I finally have them! biggrin.gif

Still any people out there who tried from the first appearance of the BSA to now and still have none? That'd be really disappointing.

Still any people out there who tried from the first appearance of the BSA to now and still have none? That'd be really disappointing.

I have tried since the day it appeared, and I do not have a single one. I just keep trying because I want one for my scroll goal. The appreciation I had for the sprite is pretty much gone due to frustration.

That would be me. I had two male adults and two female adults of each kind of the trio dragons when the BSA first came into effect, too, because that is the number of each kind of adult dragon I want on my scroll. So I never used the short-lived cheat of growing a new adult trio dragon to get an extra try at it.

But congratulations to you!

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

I'll be trying and receiving another fail later on today biggrin.gif Haha when did summoning first start? I'm wondering how many years of fails I've had now.