Crisis

American Politics

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Sadly, not all "Christians" are agreeing with that view.

Those aren't Christians (and I love the quotation marks there).

26 minutes ago, AngelsSin said:

It's why I think Trump is the Third Anti-Christ and is paving the way not just for civil war but WWIII.

I'm curious as to who you think the other Anti-Christs were? I read a whole lot of people believe Obama was.

Edited by purpledragonclaw

9 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

Those aren't Christians (and I love the quotation marks there).

I'm curious as to who you think the other Anti-Christs were? I read a whole lot of people believe Obama was.

Napoleon was the first and Hitler the second. I don't subscribe to the stupidity that Obama was.  I think Obama is a good/great man. I think he lacked some experience which is the only reason I didn't vote for him. I voted for Hillary Clinton.  Also I felt America wasn't quite fully ready for a black President ( I wish it had been as well as ready for a women President, which clearly we Also weren't ready for) and there would be backlash from it. Or were you referencing Osama bin laudin? I don't believe he was, though he was a strong  contender.

Edited by AngelsSin

7 minutes ago, AngelsSin said:

Napoleon was the first and Hitler the second. I don't subscribe to the stupidity that Obama was.  I think Obama is a good/great man. I think he lacked some experience which is the only reason I didn't vote for him. I voted for Hillary Clinton. Or were you referencing Osama bin laudin? I don't believe he was, though he was a strong  contender.

Oh no, I meant Obama. I saw a lot of evangelicals screaming after both of his elections that he was.

I have studied, first out of curiosity and then more deeply cause I was watching in real time Nostradamus' prophecies come to fruition. If you had grown up reading for fun a book I found at a warehouse sale of his prophecies and seen the video I had watched where the depiction of his prophecy about 9/11 is surreal in it's accuracy. Then witnessing it actually happening, You might understand my unusual willingness to believe in his prophecies.( There is more to my belief than this as I also worked at the Publix that the name of the most well known terrorist from 9/11 shopped at) 

I believe he tells us in the line about the Victor being born on American soil that it was Nostradamus' way of telling us who the antichrist is. He was persecuted by the church and his beliefs and prophecy suppressed. So he had to get creative in how he recorded his prophecies. He often used anagrams and changed words, and used obscure language meant to confuse. What is another word for VICTOR think a game of cards my King -----'s your Queen. Victory!

Edited by AngelsSin

23 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

In the midst of all of this, peaceful protesters were violently dispersed with tear gas, rubber bullets, and flash grenades in D.C. so Trump could have his photo-op in front of a church, holding up a Bible that was "a Bible", but not necessarily "his Bible". I guess even Trump doesn't have the guts to lie while holding a Bible in front of a church. Apparently he didn't like the news over the weekend of him hiding in a bunker yesterday, so he decided to do this today. He also called the protests a crime against God while threatening to deploy the military to quell the protests. 

That's my take on the photo-op so that you can better see Mr.Trump's real bible:

Spoiler

image.png.fb23ed0b4e61e50c50df7565dcd4cb5f.png

Edited by Astreya

9 minutes ago, SecondStarToTheRight said:

This whole thread is bleak and full of so much hate.  Dispiriting.

Hate? Where do you see hate? Beyond the fact many of us are calling Trump for what he is, there is very little hate here.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

57 minutes ago, SecondStarToTheRight said:

I apologise if I had to quote Mr.Trump's disgusting hateful twitter and interview utterings once in a while. He is indeed a very hateful person.

By the way, I just saw on TV news that in the USA (328 mio people) there were 1099 people killed by the police in 2019.

In Germany (83 mio people), the police killed exactly 11 persons in the whole of 2019. That's a mind-boggling number.

Edited by Astreya

18 minutes ago, Astreya said:

I apologise if I had to quote Mr.Trump's disgusting hateful twitter and interview utterings once in a while. He is indeed a very hateful person.

By the way, I just saw on TV news that in the USA (328 mio people) there were 1099 people killed by the police in 2019.

In Germany (83 mio people), the police killed exactly 11 persons in the whole of 2019. That's a mind-boggling number.

Care to explain what mio means? Dx I've never seen it until now.

3 hours ago, SecondStarToTheRight said:

Sadly that is because so much of American politics is bleak and full of hate. And we need to keep posting about it so that no-one forgets about it all.

ETA

2 hours ago, demonicvampiregirl said:

Million.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

3 hours ago, demonicvampiregirl said:

Fuzzbucket already said it - million. Sorry, I forgot that it was probably a German abbreviation.

But nonetheless - the US have a 4 times larger population than Germany, but 100 times more people killed by the police. I think this is more than frightening.

(Oh, and from what I heard one  doesn't really need a proper education to become a US police person - in Germany, you have first to do a theoretical and practical (athletics) entry exam, and after that you have to do at least a 2 and half years apprenticeship without university degree or a three year education at a university of applied sciences. Full info - in German - here: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polizeiausbildung_in_Deutschland)

Edited by Astreya

4 minutes ago, Astreya said:

Fuzzbucket already said it - million. Sorry, I forgot that it was probably a German abbreviation.

Fuzzbucket spricht Deutsch !

11 minutes ago, Astreya said:

But nonetheless - the US have a 4 times larger population than Germany, but 100 times more people killed by the police. I think this is more than frightening.

(Oh, and from what I heard one  doesn't really need a proper education to become a US police person - in Germany, you have first to do a theoretical and practical (athletics) entry exam, and after that you have to do at least a 2 and half years apprenticeship without university degree or a three year education at a university of applied sciences. Full info - in German - here: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polizeiausbildung_in_Deutschland)

According to https://www.correctionalofficer.org/career/police-officer it's true that a high school diploma or GED is the minimum educational requirement, but preference is given to those with a bachelor's degree in criminal justice or some other relevant major. It's also possible to use military experience in lieu of a degree. That being said, most departments these days do require further education in order to advance within the department. Edited to add, the smaller the department, the more likely it is that they'll take candidates without a degree. I'm thinking rural areas where there isn't much of a population base to begin with, so they've got a smaller candidate pool to choose from.

That said, it does seem as though a high proportion of people who become police do so because they like the idea of having power over others. Not all by any means, but still a lot.

Edited by catstaff

@catstaff

The problem is that mostly the police persons that do their jobs on the streets are not the ones with a higher education, so it is likely that they don't have as much training in de-escalation and stuff. It would be interesting to find a statistic that shows the correlation between the police training and the cases of police killings.

(In Germany the university educated police persons are the ones who do the more sophisticated jobs, while the "middle grade" ("mittlerer Dienst") police persons are usually those for the more "menial" tasks. Some of our states apparently only allow the "higher grade" ("gehobener DIenst") with at least a bachelor nowadays.)

1 hour ago, Astreya said:

@Fuzzbucket

More power to you! I admire every person who tackles German as foreign language!

Es war viel einfacher als Französisch. Es ist so logisch.

1 hour ago, catstaff said:

That said, it does seem as though a high proportion of people who become police do so because they like the idea of having power over others. Not all by any means, but still a lot.

This is what scares me - and increasingly so in the UK as well.

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Million.

2 hours ago, Astreya said:

Ah, okay. I thought that may be what it was, but was unsure. Thank you!

I think if they don't police need to undergo psychological exams to even become a police, and be re-evaluated constantly. I also think if someone wants to be President they should undergo one or several by different people to be sure we get a stable President.

Edited by AngelsSin

My opinion, just my opinion. Not attempting to speak for anyone.

Two things many "Christians" seem to forget/ignore:

1. They claim to believe in/follow a deity who's only commandants were: "Love God, Love one another." 

2. Jesus was not a White Anglo-Saxon Protestant.

It has always astounded the amount of hate that people who profess to believe in his teachings can feel justified in preaching, feeling, promoting.

17 hours ago, Astreya said:

That's my take on the photo-op so that you can better see Mr.Trump's real bible:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.fb23ed0b4e61e50c50df7565dcd4cb5f.png

Ah, clever- that it's right-side-up here means he's read it (at least a little, not like the Bible) and subscribes to it.

15 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

Ah, clever- that it's right-side-up here means he's read it (at least a little, not like the Bible) and subscribes to it.

Well, it's been apparent from early on in Trump's reign of terror that he does. And it's blindingly obvious by now. Probably also Macchiavelli's "Il Principe".

The claim that he read that stuff was made by Ivana Trump in an interview:

According to a 1990 Vanity Fair interview, Ivana Trump once told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that her husband, real-estate mogul Donald Trump, now a leading Republican presidential candidate, kept a book of Hitler's speeches near his bed.

"Last April, perhaps in a surge of Czech nationalism, Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler's collected speeches, My New Order, which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed ... Hitler's speeches, from his earliest days up through the Phony War of 1939, reveal his extraordinary ability as a master propagandist," Marie Brenner wrote.

Hitler was one of history's most prolific orators, building a genocidal Nazi regime with speeches that bewitched audiences.

"He learned how to become a charismatic speaker, and people, for whatever reason, became enamored with him," Professor Bruce Loebs, who has taught a class called the Rhetoric of Hitler and Churchill for the past 46 years at Idaho State University, told Business Insider earlier this year.

"People were most willing to follow him, because he seemed to have the right answers in a time of enormous economic upheaval."

When Brenner asked Trump about how he came to possess Hitler's speeches, "Trump hesitated" and then said, "Who told you that?"

"I don't remember," Brenner reportedly replied.

Trump then recalled, "Actually, it was my friend Marty Davis from Paramount who gave me a copy of 'Mein Kampf,' and he's a Jew."

Brenner added that Davis did acknowledge that he gave Trump a book about Hitler.

"But it was 'My New Order,' Hitler's speeches, not 'Mein Kampf,'" Davis reportedly said. "I thought he would find it interesting. I am his friend, but I'm not Jewish."

After Trump and Brenner changed topics, Trump returned to the subject and reportedly said, "If, I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them."

In the Vanity Fair article, Ivana Trump told a friend that her husband's cousin, John Walter "clicks his heels and says, 'Heil Hitler," when visiting Trump's office.

Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trumps-ex-wife-once-said-he-kept-a-book-of-hitlers-speeches-by-his-bed-2015-8?r=US&IR=T

1 hour ago, Astreya said:

The claim that he read that stuff was made by Ivana Trump in an interview:

Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trumps-ex-wife-once-said-he-kept-a-book-of-hitlers-speeches-by-his-bed-2015-8?r=US&IR=T

I wish I could say I'm surprised, but sadly I'm not. It only strengthens my assertions that he is the 3rd antichrist. I know some might find my beliefs in Nostradamus' prophecies a bit loo-loo.🤯

Doesn't change a thing for me though. I think Trump is evil incarnate.

My opinion. Just my opinion. Not intending to speak for anyone else.

Over the years there have been presidents that I have liked, respected, disliked, disagreed with, agreed with, disrespected, but this president, I HATE (I really don't like to say that) and fear. I couldn't understand how someone like him could be taken seriously as a candidate - and was shocked when he was elected. Right now, it really seems that the patients are running the asylum. I don't want to see what he does next.

@AngelsSin: I agree some of Nostradamus' prophecies seem frighteningly close to the mark.