Qwackie

Cats

7 hours ago, Nagapie said:

I see! I'm bad with cat colors and all that because I haven't really needed to learn any of the terms. I guess a blue lynx point would make sense. ^_^ Perhaps it is still a color that's not accepted into shows for the Balinese breed in Finland though, as the breeder specifically told us something along those lines while recommending him to us, knowing that we don't care about all that.

Yeah, I read that only some cat fancy organizations will recognize it as an official color. Either way, he's stunning :) Balinese kitties are pretty rare regardless of what they look like.

I wish there were oriental shorthair breeders around where I live. When I try to look them up online, all the ones that come up haven't updated their website in like 4 years. 

My dear little cat Sasha had surgery yesterday and the veterinarian still isn't sure that he will survive. I'm really worried about him.

What happened was that I do bead weaving as a hobby and he swallowed one of the bracelets I was still working on. Fortunately, I had already taken the needle off it, but the thread, which was actually a thin fishing line, was still attached. While the bracelet stayed in his stomach, the thread worked its way down into his intestines and made many tiny cuts in them. 

I have no idea why he did did this but the vet told me that sometimes cats just want to eat strange things.  Has anyone else had this kind of thing happen with their cats?

Sasha.JPG

On 6/12/2019 at 8:31 PM, Stormcaller said:

My dear little cat Sasha had surgery yesterday and the veterinarian still isn't sure that he will survive. I'm really worried about him.

What happened was that I do bead weaving as a hobby and he swallowed one of the bracelets I was still working on. Fortunately, I had already taken the needle off it, but the thread, which was actually a thin fishing line, was still attached. While the bracelet stayed in his stomach, the thread worked its way down into his intestines and made many tiny cuts in them. 

I have no idea why he did did this but the vet told me that sometimes cats just want to eat strange things.  Has anyone else had this kind of thing happen with their cats?

I hope Sasha is doing better! I have heard of other cats eating yarn and string and such. I can see that fishing line would be a bad thing.

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I hope Sasha is doing better! I have heard of other cats eating yarn and string and such. I can see that fishing line would be a bad thing.

Thanks for your reply,  purplehaze.  He came home last night and is still on pain medication so he has been sleeping a lot. He's not really eating yet, just licking up the gravy, but he does drink a little water.  I'm still very worried about him.

...do tigers count www

I'm much more of dog person but I love kitties too...one out of my four is getting to be an old man and he likes to lay on my bed next to me, he's precious-

I have one cat, her name is Sheba! I love her with all my heart, she is the most friendly cat I've ever seen ❤️ I don't know what race she is though

sheba.jpg

awww, she's a floofy pretty kitty!

Edited by trystan
proofread first, then post.....

Been a while since anyone posted here but- My favorite breed of cat is a Dragon Li.

I haven't seen many people post about it, but I thought it was fitting to mention for this forum!

I don't know why, but something about Dragon Li cats interests me! 

I don’t have a favorite breed. I love them all! I own a calico, tortures, and black cat. I’ve also had an orange tabby. 

Don't have a favorite breed either. Cat breeds aren't really as different as dog breeds are, so I'm good with pretty much any kind of cat. :)

One of my cats has gotten really attached to me lately. She sleeps laying on my chest every night, and even more recently she absolutely insists on being in my lap whenever she can, something she never used to do. Not that I don't enjoy the company, but why the sudden change; has anyone else's cat done this? Could it be something to do with her getting old, or does she detect some kind of change in me that I don't know about? XD

On 10/24/2019 at 6:50 AM, Aryll said:

Been a while since anyone posted here but- My favorite breed of cat is a Dragon Li.

I haven't seen many people post about it, but I thought it was fitting to mention for this forum!

I don't know why, but something about Dragon Li cats interests me! 

I have never heard about Dragon Li cats, although I think that I have seen them. I have always called cats that look like them tabby cats, which I know is a general term, but that is a common name that those types of cats are called. 

I guess I learned a new breed of cat today though. That is cool! 😊

I own two cats, two lovely boys ❤️

Other is 2yrs and the other one 2,5yrs old. Both are mixed breed, which I think I love the most. They are both active and interested in things. I try to provide them activities now and then, but mostly they chase after each other and play. I'm so happy that we got 2, they have so much company from each other. Often the other more playful one finds a toy and starts to play with it, and the other one follows to find out what's so interesting. 

They like to sleep together sometimes too and are very sociable and cuddly.

Meet Tianyu (Chinese translation version of "Enochian").

She is a litter lucky kitten, It has been two months since we found her stuck in chassis of my uncle's car. Now she is a 3 months girl, happy, healthy, playful and loud.

And a quesion: How to call the cat have color like her in English? Black & White cat? In Chinese we would call these cats as "cow cat", but I think she has too much white.

QQ图片20191209194730.jpg

QQ图片20191209194725.jpg

QQ图片20191209194614.jpg

I loved cats too! But I am still young and pets are not allowed in my house. (I also feel that I am not responsible enough to take care of any pet) Hopefully I will adopt them when I am older. Personally, I loved black cats, even though in Chinese traditions black cats symbolic bad luck but I loved them as they look so gorgeous and mysterious! 

Edit: Ohya, I only got artificial cats in my phone :') It's a game called Neko Atsume. 

20191012_173530.png

Edited by Zhiyi1015

3 hours ago, Zhiyi1015 said:

I loved black cats, even though in Chinese traditions black cats symbolic bad luck but I loved them as they look so gorgeous and mysterious! 

black cats are furry little ninja trip-hazards.

i have one of 'em XD

yes they can!  i've posted this pic here before, i'm sure... he's my 14-year-old psycho kitten.,.. Blackie

blackie.thumb.jpg.b5d4f09a68874668af052ead18ab69a3.jpg

Yesss, I have seen it earlier! I can't wait to have one! 😍

It seems crazy but I would love to have a special room for all my cats in the future and probably have my sister adopting a dog to play with them XD

nah that doesn't sound crazy!  our cats have the run of the house... and the backyard - they're indoor/outdoor kitties