Qwackie

Cats

Aw, I wanna see a kitty learn how to walk!

Yeah it's always fun especially when they get what I call a bicycle tail it's always so cute. Then they started wondering around and soon after that they learn to start playing.

i never had a kitten. my parents had "kittens" before i was born but they had grown up by the time i was born (i think, or i might not remeber...)

Yeah it's always fun especially when they get what I call a bicycle tail it's always so cute. Then they started wondering around and soon after that they learn to start playing.

Bicycle tail?

we have a cat the runs around the house like his tail's on fire. hid name is Blackie

Aw, Blackie...let me guess, he's a black cat? xd.png

My friend has a black kitten and she's wiiiiild

black with a tuft of white. and white 'pits. he's cute, 5, and acts like a kitten

Pure-black cats are scary. *shudders* Not that I'm usually superstitous, but...

I like bengals a lot and I'd like to get one one day. I think it would get along with my dog better than the current kitties.

I've got three cats. Sort of. They are my boyfriend's cats and I live with him, so I guess they are more my roomies. Although I was here first and watched them grow up from kitties.

Stuart: Tortoise shell. She has a real attitude problem. If you are the only one around she will totally love on you, but if anyone else is around she'll bite you if you pet her. She's my favorite. After my boyfriend leaves she sneaks in our window and cuddles with me in the bed until I decide to get up. Then she goes back to pretending I'm a waste of time. She's the only one that knows how to handle my dog.

Charlotte: All black cat. She's scared of everything and doesn't seem to enjoy being pet. She loves meat though, and will meow incredibly loudly when you open the fridge. She hates my dog a lot.

Lewis: He's an orange cat and the prettiest cat I've ever seen. He's also super affectionate. He likes to put his paws around your neck and lick your neck, and he's the only cat I've ever met that doesn't have a tongue that feels like horrible sandpaper. Then he bites your ears for some reason. He starts purring just when you look at him. I like to pick him up and drape him around my neck like a scarf. He's kind of dumb though. He will go closer to my dog and then hiss at him because he's scared of him. Dummy.

Lewis is trying to groom you. :3 Our cat Scoops does that.

I've got a question about kitty breathing problems. My cat sometimes makes a wet noise like he's choking for a second, usually when he's trying to start purring. Once he starts purring he's fine. He drools a lot while he's purring. He has gingivitis (we try to brush his teeth he just doesn't always let us) and likes to be held belly-up like a human child. Is holding him belly up likely to cause a breathing problem, or is more probably he is just swallowing a little saliva down the wrong tube?

I have no idea...

My friend's sister has a little black kitten, she's really energetic and tiny, she's like a little black furball with motors happy.gif

My family has three Cats. We call them the furry beasties because of the mischief they like to make, some of which does not make my mom( who is not a cat person) very happy. One is a big tortie-tabby, the second is a black cat and the third is a tabby. The calicoish one is mine and I love to pick her up and hug her.

...If you didn't know that...? Finish your sentence. And bengals don't necessarily have to be wild.

...If you didn't know that...? Finish your sentence. And bengals don't necessarily have to be wild.

Depends what generation they are. I'd advise that they're not really cats for nocice cat owners regardless.

New subject: Are calicoes the same as tortoiseshells?

Nope. Calicos are white cats with ginger, brown, and black splotches. Tortoiseshells have no white. :U

if you want a Bengal you should know Bengal is a wild cat so if you didn't know that

Whaaaat? The ones usually sold by breeders are usually around at least 1/4 wild cat.

Oh, and also, bengals are bred with a reflective material in every hair.

They are sparkling cats.

New subject: Are calicoes the same as tortoiseshells?

No, torties are black and red, calies are red white and black. They're both female only patterns, too.

Edited by Qwackie

No, torties are black and red, calies are red white and black. They're both female only patterns, too.

Occasionaly, there are male calicoes, but they're sterile. :/

Male torties are XXY, which is why they're a) rare and B) sterile.

IMHO Calico is just another name for a specific tortie pattern. It's like 'mackerel' is a name for a specific tabby pattern.

Tortie colouring happens because the red (ginger) gene in cats is X linked. If a female cat gets a red gene on one X, and a non-red gene on the other X then the genes activate at random, causing the mixture of red and colour across the body (note: this can be red and any other colour - black, tabby, blue etc). A normal male cat only gets one X chromasome - so he's either red (ginger) or non-red. A male cat has to have the XXY genetic defect to be able to have the two X chromasomes required for tortie patterning. The X-linked red gene is also the reason why ginger females are rarer - they need a red gene from *both* parents, not just one.

Nope. Calicos are white cats with ginger, brown, and black splotches. Tortoiseshells have no white. :U

Whaaaat? The ones usually sold by breeders are usually around at least 1/4 wild cat.

Oh, and also, bengals are bred with a reflective material in every hair.

They are sparkling cats.

Less than that. SBT bengals, the kind you'd buy from a breeder past the foundation gens, and have a very small amount left. F1 is about half ALC, F2 would be about 1/4. F3, 1/8, and F4, 1/16.

Also, not all Bengals have glitter. It's a desirable trait, but not a required one.

Just came back from a violin lesson with a new cute cat story.

My violin teacher has two tabby cats (they look almost identical; I can never tell them apart xd.png). While I was playing, one of them was washing himself in time with the music. It was so cute :3

My cat is about 18 pounds. We are working on getting him to his target weight of 17 pounds.

Mittens is a mean cat...unless you enjoy getting bitten every day and night multiple times.

He was a stray that I took in 2 years ago.