Qwackie

Cats

I love cats so much!

This is my kitty, Isabell. (Caught her in the middle of a yawn, so she's a bit scary looking...) I got her from a shelter, so I have no idea what breed she might be. Anyone have suggestions?

user posted image

Here's a better view of her:

user posted image

Hm, the pattern looks like a Turkish Van, I think, but the head's like an American Wirehair.

Probably just a mix, methinks.

I'm definitely a cat person. XD My family has always had one or two indoor cats and several barn cats throughout my life, and I couldn't imagine living without one! Something tells me I'll turn out to be the crazy cat lady of the neighborhood, but I have no problem with that. XD

Currently, I have Buddy, the chubby and loving American shorthair. He's adorable and loves rolling over to have his tummy rubbed. He's also very pushy and really doesn't like it when I show the other cat (or anyone else, for that matter) any attention. I remember when my now-ex boyfriend came over; Buddy attacked him when he got too close to me and we had to lock the cat in the bathroom. -.- I love that cat.

My brother has Angel, a skinny little thing who will happily steal any food left unattended for more than three seconds. She has some seriously impressive acrobatic tricks up her sleeve, which she just loves showing off to guests and the dog.

But what baffles me the most is the story of Squiggy. He was my mom's cat and she had him for years, even before my brother and I were born. She loved that cat and my brother and I tormented that poor creature as soon as we could sit up. At one point my little brother even dumped him in the pool! Squiggy became an outdoor cat and disappeared soon after. We assumed he ran off or had died, since he was a very old cat by that time. Years later, while visiting a feed store at lease ten miles from our house, we saw a very familiar old and frail cat. It was Squiggy! And here's the part that always gets me: instead of taking Squiggy back to our now cat-friendly home, my mom let the lady running the feed store keep him. I don't know if it's just me, but if I had found my long-lost cat that I adored, I would most certainly take him home. Story makes me sad, but maybe that's because I can’t even imagine giving my cat away. :(

Edited by Kangaroowings

I remember when my now-ex boyfriend came over; Buddy attacked him when he got too close to me and we had to lock the cat in the bathroom. -.- I love that cat.

That made me lol.

Aw, poor Squiggy.

I remember when my now-ex boyfriend came over; Buddy attacked him when he got too close to me and we had to lock the cat in the bathroom.

The animals always seem to know =P I've had both dogs and cats do that with people who eventually turn out not to be the person I thought they were.

My sister just got a kitten with a face like

user posted image

but a body like

user posted image

And a... well it's not a bobtail, but it's not full length either and from what the shelter can see she was born like that.

And she's calico x3 if I can get a picture of her I'll upload it. For now have pictures of /my/ kitty, Saffron:

user posted image

user posted image

Those are from her first few weeks home, it's been nearly 3.5 months so her fur's grown back and she's put on weight. She loves my puppy and even cuddles with her x3

I like cats, but mostly big cats. Preferably tiger sized cats. Tigers rock!!!!

I used to have a tomcat, but one day it escaped from the house and died from food poisoning. D: I cried so hard. It was black with white socks and loved sleeping with my dog. Answered to two names: Muffin and Naughty Boy. Lol. If anything, it liked being called Naughty Boy. Kept purring every time you said it.

T.T I miss my cat.

I <3 cats, and that is all I will say, or else I will go into a rant about how cats are so damned cute, because I do that every time someone mentions cats,especially my cat! He's only 4 years old and a bit dumb but still really sweet, and he purrs really easily, and also, my friend has a cat name Oreo who has a really funny meow, like a Louis Armstrong cat, she sounds really funny when she meows.....

sorry

My cat tries to keep up the "tough guy" (or girl) act, which she manages to do aroung most dogs, but she is intimidated by my bird. My bird is a little lovebird we found in our yard and is quite vicious. If the cat jumps on top of the bird cage, my bird will attempt to bite her.

My cat tries to keep up the "tough guy" (or girl) act, which she manages to do aroung most dogs, but she is intimidated by my bird. My bird is a little lovebird we found in our yard and is quite vicious. If the cat jumps on top of the bird cage, my bird will attempt to bite her.

I hope you looked really hard for the owner of the lovebird before you decided to keep it sad.gif. Also, try not to let your cat do that, because birds can die of a heart attack pretty easily. The bird might not be able to handle that as it gets older. Plus it's unsafe. My cat did that and it tipped over the bird cage, and while the cat got hurt the most it could have been fatal for the bird.

I hope you looked really hard for the owner of the lovebird before you decided to keep it sad.gif. Also, try not to let your cat do that, because birds can die of a heart attack pretty easily. The bird might not be able to handle that as it gets older. Plus it's unsafe. My cat did that and it tipped over the bird cage, and while the cat got hurt the most it could have been fatal for the bird.

We set up fliers around town, called the humane society, and the like to try and find the bird's previous owners, but none were found. He is not hand-trained however. Luckily, our cat has only jumped on the cage twice now and was promptly removed both times. Our cat is quite small and our bird cage is rather large so it would be very hard for the cat to tip it over.

We set up fliers around town, called the humane society, and the like to try and find the bird's previous owners, but none were found. He is not hand-trained however. Luckily, our cat has only jumped on the cage twice now and was promptly removed both times. Our cat is quite small and our bird cage is rather large so it would be very hard for the cat to tip it over.

That's good smile.gif. It sounds like the birdy has a great home.

That's good smile.gif. It sounds like the birdy has a great home.

Thanks. We're not quite sure if he's actually a boy, but he doesn't shred stuff so we assume he is.

To stay on topic, I wonder if a savannah cat could kill a fox.

user posted image user posted image user posted image

My babies

The grey/white one has gone missing... we may think its dead....not sure tho.... the other two love to sit in my lap while i am at my comp.... Actually right now the long haired black baby.. is in my lap as I type this!!

I love cats, and my own is a big, fat fluffball of a cat named Snoogs, or Snoogy! biggrin.gif I used to have a gorgeous Maine Coon named Spencer, but someone stole him on one of the rare occassions that I let him go outside! sad.gif He weighed almost 30 lbs! smile.gif I plan to have another eventually. There are so many beautiful breeds!

user posted image

This is our new cat, Mellow. :U He was 8 weeks old when the pic was taken, and now he's about 3 or 4 months old and he's gained a few pounds, so yeah, he's bigger. o3o

We thought he was a girl when we got him, but then we took him to the vet's and the vet was just like "YOUR CAT HAS A DICK :U"

And yeah. He's epic winsauce kitteh.

I myself have three brats..err cats biggrin.gif. I have a huge one who is quarter manx, no tail and completely adorable, friendly, loving and just very sweet. My next youngest is my baby and VERY spoiled, she's a purebred Tortie-point Himalayan and she's got the most gorgeous blue eyes I've ever seen on a cat and she's horribly spoiled. And my youngest is part Maine Coon, we found him outside when I lived in Oklahoma and he's sweet but comes to us only when he feels like it. They're all spoiled rotten smile.gif

Well, I have two cats that are both dark tabby. Their both small but fully grown. Sparkles, the skinny one, is always active. Sometimes she's adorable and sometimes she a rascal. She'll sleep on mine or my sister's lap if she feels like it, but she'll also try and get out the front door since they're indoor cats(We don't have a very big yard and live in quite a busy place), so we had to get a spray bottle to keep her away from the door. tongue.gif

The other one, Mittens, Sparkles' sister, is fat. She has white paws and a white chest which is probably what you were thinking when you looked at the name. When we feed them, Mittens will usually be there first and eat all the food before Sparkles can even get there.(So we have a dish in our garage. Sparkles likes being out there)

Mittens loves me. She spends most of her day sleeping in my room, eating or trying to get my attention. Right when I made this post she was sleeping right next to the chair.

Also, Sparkles got her collar off a few months ago and we can't find it…

ive always wanted a cat but my mom was allergic so i never bothered with it

still though i cant say they top dogs... even science shows their more intelligent

but cats... god i would love to have an animals that doesnt jump on you when you get home

We thought he was a girl when we got him, but then we took him to the vet's and the vet was just like "YOUR CAT HAS A DICK :U"

Man that must've been wierd.

I don't have any cats, but i've always wanted a Maine Coon.

My sister had a domesticated Bobcat... he was absolutely gorgeous Spoiled rotten.. Unfortunately he died last year sad.gif .... He was 12 .... He had fluid in his lungs..... His name was Jack!!

user posted image

This is our new cat, Mellow. :U He was 8 weeks old when the pic was taken, and now he's about 3 or 4 months old and he's gained a few pounds, so yeah, he's bigger. o3o

And yeah. He's epic winsauce kitteh.

So cute!! smile.gif

my mom's cat that has been with her since I was born had to be put down today, she was sobbing like non other and I have to help her through it. sad.gif

I have a Ragdoll named Ziva as seen here

She's a brat, and right now she'd behind my headboard for some reason I don't understand. She'll chase Nerf darts as well, it's a good way to get her out of somewhere she shouldn't be. She also likes to wail at 3 am because she's lonely dry.gif But I love her lots.