I love cats. x)

I have one cat, mixed-breed, adopted from the shelter. We might get another one to keep her company when we move back to Singapore. She used to be rather small and in an effort to make her bigger my mother kept trying to feed her. Then, the vet said that she was overweight (about 14 pounds). -.- So no she's on a diet. :P Her fur is lovely, but she hates to be petted, has wicked sharp claws and is not afraid to use them.

Declawing makes me a sad panda.

Nala was declawed by the shelter we got her from[14+ years ago, they don't anymore], Rusty had an accident that involved his toes getting stuck in a window[and consequently had to have more than the first joint removed in order to save his feet]. Two out of three cats.

Since Nala was around for 99.99999% of my life, Saffron's the first cat I've owned that still has her sharp toesies. And so far she's been very good about only scratching her posts and not the furniture/us, so she's in no danger of losing parts of her feet either.

I had a cat until last week when my 6yr old blue tabby was diagnosed with FIP. sad.gif

I really miss her. I miss cuddling with her and talking to her and hearing her purr.

Declawing makes me a sad panda.

Thankfully I'm pretty sure it's illegal over here.

I adore my cats, especially our siamese (see link in sig). I've always said a house is not a home without a cat in it biggrin.gif

Although I never will understand this strange American concept that a cat can be controlled like a dog, and that if it *can't* be controlled like a dog it should be kept locked up in the house. Thankfully in UK law a cat is considered to be it's own animal, and the human 'owner' is pretty much more of a cretake than anything else - responsible for it's welfare but not for it's actions.

Thankfully I'm pretty sure it's illegal over here.

I adore my cats, especially our siamese (see link in sig). I've always said a house is not a home without a cat in it biggrin.gif

Although I never will understand this strange American concept that a cat can be controlled like a dog, and that if it *can't* be controlled like a dog it should be kept locked up in the house. Thankfully in UK law a cat is considered to be it's own animal, and the human 'owner' is pretty much more of a cretake than anything else - responsible for it's welfare but not for it's actions.

Thats because letting cats roam everywhere is bad. Just because of all the wildlife they kill off.

Thats because letting cats roam everywhere is bad. Just because of all the wildlife they kill off.

Um, no. Quite bluntly. Cats have been roaming free in the UK for well over 1000 years and we still have wildlife. Yes, cats do kill animals. But I can tell you now and for free that the vast majority of the stuff they catch are small rodents. It's rather difficult for a cat to catch a bird, especialy if you put a bell on their collar. So before you make a claim like that it may well have been worth checking how free-raoming cats have effected wildlife in places where they *do* roam free already.

Edit: there's also not a single incidence of an animal being hunted to extinction - or even to the point of being endangered - by cats.

Edited by TikindiDragon

Um, no. Quite bluntly. Cats have been roaming free in the UK for well over 1000 years and we still have wildlife. Yes, cats do kill animals. But I can tell you now and for free that the vast majority of the stuff they catch are small rodents. It's rather difficult for a cat to catch a bird, especialy if you put a bell on their collar. So before you make a claim like that it may well have been worth checking how free-raoming cats have effected wildlife in places where they *do* roam free already.

Edit: there's also not a single incidence of an animal being hunted to extinction - or even to the point of being endangered - by cats.

http://www.abcbirds.org/abcprograms/policy...s/predation.pdf

''Also, Domestic cats are considered primarily responsible for the extinction of 33 bird species since the 1600s. In New Zealand alone, cats were primarily responsible for the extinction of eight bird species and the eradication of 41 others from

islands.''

I love cats, but free roaming outdoor cats are not a good idea.

We don't have the stray cat problem here, as we have several great horned owls who have figured out it is much easier to grab a cat, than most wildlife.

Edited by grimace

I'll look for the source, Tikindi, but a single cat once extinct'ed an entire bird species. It was a small speicies on an island (I believe there was a lighthouse on it, and the caretake of it owned the cat).

Anyway, in my city it's illegal to let a cat free-roam. Many people do anyway though. But, if I'm not mistaken England doesn't have as many large, wild predators as we do here.

Eee, I love cats. :3

I have a classic sealpoint Siamese, but she's pretty old so she's almost completely brown. Her name is Sally and she's my baby. ^.^ The way we got her is pretty sad, though. Someone had thrown her out the window of a moving car when she was a kitten and she broke her leg. One of my mom's coworkers found her but couldn't keep her, so she called my mom. We've had Sally since I was seven. I loves her so. We had her front paws declawed, but I didn't know any better.

My mom is getting a kitten soon and I'm trying to talk her out of declawing her. ::sadface::

I'll look for the source, Tikindi, but a single cat once extinct'ed an entire bird species. It was a small speicies on an island (I believe there was a lighthouse on it, and the caretake of it owned the cat).

Anyway, in my city it's illegal to let a cat free-roam. Many people do anyway though. But, if I'm not mistaken England doesn't have as many large, wild predators as we do here.

Fairy snuff. But I find it unlikely that cat-predation has caused extinctions in anywhere as large at the US. Which blows that argument out of the water in relation to your country specificaly. And grimace - don't link me to a website that has an agenda, please. Something from a group campaigning to keeps cats indoors is hardly going to be unbiased now is it?

And, no, the UK does not have *any* large predators of any kind. About the biggest wild predator left is the fox. You've got to remember that the UK has been settled and farmed for thousands of years.

If you don't think free roaming cats outdoors are a good idea I suggest you stay away form the UK. Because you'll see an absolute censorkip.gif-load of them here. You'll also find the prevailing attitude in this country is that's it's cruel to keep a cat locked up inside. An opinion I happen to agree with - and I'll tell you now that no amount of arguing is going to sway me to supporting your cruelty.

My dad doesn't like cats we have six dogs in total but someday i would like to own a black cat or cat with one green eye and one yellow eye, yeah I'm picky

I've got two cats that are not actually mine. My roomates own them. One is fearless and dumb as hell, showing intelligence only to use it to accomplish something mean and dumb, and the other cat is afraid of everything but very smart, she has even learned a trick! The two cats are friends and also the dumb cat is the smart cat's son. I like them both.

Edited by Laskuraska

I've got a phsycotic (Probably spelled that wrong, my brain doesn't start working until noon) cat who my family found as a stray. I don't like the idea of letting it roam because, although it does give more freedom, there are a lot of predators, busy roads, and idiots where I live, as well as harsh weather. I wouldn't want to risk my cat being hurt. My sis' friend's cat, Gary, was let out to roam and got an infected wound, as well as an attack from animal abuser's. Gary was swung by his tail into a wall.

Edited by satyr76

Yeah, my nature book said something about it. Stephen's island sparrow or something?

My favorite cat breed is the Cheetoh cat. We used to own one who showed up on our porch one day and walked right into the house. He was the biggest cat we ever owned, only drank water from bathroom sinks, and he could open doors. We didn't discover his breed until he passed away from liver cancer.

We currently own 2 tuxedo males and a black female cat (possibly the smallest female cat in the world).

My favorite cat breed is the Cheetoh cat. We used to own one who showed up on our porch one day and walked right into the house. He was the biggest cat we ever owned, only drank water from bathroom sinks, and he could open doors. We didn't discover his breed until he passed away from liver cancer.

We currently own 2 tuxedo males and a black female cat (possibly the smallest female cat in the world).

Huh, I've never heard of those cats. I don't beleive they're registered in TICA or CFA.

That's the cutest awesomest cat I've ever seen.

Huh, I've never heard of those cats. I don't beleive they're registered in TICA or CFA.

They're currently registered as an experiemntal breed - descending from occicat/bengal crosses. So far they're breeding true - which is one of the first steps to having the breed recognised. They still need to develop a full breed standard, and have several breed clubs going, before they'll gain full recognition. It'll normally take years to get a new breed recognised, but dedicated people can do the work. By all accounts they've got a similar look to a Bengal, but they're reputed to have a much more docile temprement.

I ♥ CATS..........................there's a mom cat by our house the just had kittens! And yet she is pregnant!!!

*morphs into tiger and licks TikindiDragon* We Have DONUTS!!!

Edited by G-Dove

Cats are not my favorite animal at the moment....I own 2 and they decided to wake me and my baby up 1 hour before I wanted to....I am not a morning person. But for the most part I LOVE cats. However all my animals "pull their weight" so I don't exactly call them pets...more like 4 legged partners. The dog is a protector *literally* and the cats keep the insects, snakes and other little annoying pests under wraps

We've got two cats, but I don't know what kind they are. There's my sister's cat Rascal, who I SWEAR has some kind of mommy issue- he sucks on people's clothes. It's kinda weird. Then there's my cat Morgan who is small and grey and squeeful. He's prolly the most timid cat I've ever seen, he runs from everything. I'll try and find some pictures of 'em- maybe one of you will know what breed they are?

We've got two cats, but I don't know what kind they are. There's my sister's cat Rascal, who I SWEAR has some kind of mommy issue- he sucks on people's clothes. It's kinda weird. Then there's my cat Morgan who is small and grey and squeeful. He's prolly the most timid cat I've ever seen, he runs from everything. I'll try and find some pictures of 'em- maybe one of you will know what breed they are?

Eh, unless you have papers, pretty much all cats are mixed breeds.