Qwackie

Cats

my cat hates everyone but me. biggrin.gif sometimes she attacks my face. she's my cat, mine! an adorable black shorthair with pumpkin orange eyes. she's 2 or 3 years old but shes really small(like me). her names maggie and she seriously hates people, especially my brother (like me). shes so cute! the other day she started licking my face until i woke up! biggrin.gif just adorable!

If I get a cat, it'll be from the animal shelter, or it'll be a stray. Not many strays around here, though~

all the cats are adorable biggrin.gif

but my friend got her left eye hurt when playing with her kitten sad.gif They just stared at each other, and then the kitten scratched her eye...poor thing sad.gif

all the cats are adorable biggrin.gif

but my friend got her left eye hurt when playing with her kitten sad.gif They just stared at each other, and then the kitten scratched her eye...poor thing sad.gif

I'm not surprised if she was staring it in the eye, to be honest with you. That's hyper-agressive behaviour in the cat world. You just *don't* stare a cat in the eyes. Heck you don't stare *any* animal in the eye like that - it's only humans that have this bizzare insistance on eye-contact, everything else thinks it's agressive.

ok i need a little help

I'm not a cat person nor have i ever been..

BUT .. my little sister saved a kitten from getting ran over tonight...

He is a little orange tabby and he is really friendly and adobrable... But i don't know how old he is... i can't afford him.. and i don't even know if he has an owner... or what to do with him.

He is in my garage right now crying... I gave him some blankets to curl up in and some tuna (i believe this is a nono but i don't have kitten food and i can't let him starve) and 2 bowls of water. I didn't want him getting lost or hurt in my garage so i put him in an old dog kennel for tonight.

pics - http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l142/Got...ss/100_0086.jpg and http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l142/Got...ss/100_0087.jpg

He looks like he is ill and i don't have money to take him to a vet or anything. I am thinking about going out tomorrow morning and trying to find him a new home... but i don't know what to do with him until he gets a new place to stay..

I can't send him to a shelter because the ones here aren't great and the closest no kill shelter is over 3 hours away..

PLUS me and my 2 year old are allergic to cats....

Is he alert, or kinda lethargic? Poor baby doesn't look like he's feeling too well.

he was really alert... he seemed really scared and shy but really loveable at the same time...

he is sleeping now

Pinch some of his skin up between two fingers - if it takes ages to go back down he's dehydrated and you need to try getting more water into him.

That said - he doesn't look like he's in that bad shape. Chances are pretty good he's from somewhere local. If you can keep him in the garage for a few days (kittens actualy are fine to be kept in a dog crate for a short while. He couldn't living in it, but he's okay while you're looking for his owner) then I'd suggest putting some 'found' posters up in the hopes that someone might notice. If you *can* get him to the vet, he may be microchipped. I don't know about the US, but you can normally take a stray to a vet and they'll check the microchip free of charge over here.

I love cats I don't have any now as i have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and he eats cats if he could rolleyes.gif but I do prefer cats at one time I had five but they all went one way or another sad.gif

Just to pull this back to where everyone can see it wink.gif

Incidently I have a (small) obsession with feline genetics. If anyone was actualy interested in knowing what they've got, and what they could potentialy get out of it if it had kittens....

I love all cats, especially the cute fluffy kittens.

And Tikindi, you have your own cattery? Nice.

I like cats but after keeping two for 9 years now I've realized that I'm probably more compatible with less sentient pets in a long run.

i have a weird cat named mango he drags pillows around the house

ok i need a little help

I'm not a cat person nor have i ever been..

BUT .. my little sister saved a kitten from getting ran over tonight...

He is a little orange tabby and he is really friendly and adobrable... But i don't know how old he is... i can't afford him.. and i don't even know if he has an owner... or what to do with him.

He is in my garage right now crying... I gave him some blankets to curl up in and some tuna (i believe this is a nono but i don't have kitten food and i can't let him starve) and 2 bowls of water. I didn't want him getting lost or hurt in my garage so i put him in an old dog kennel for tonight.

pics - http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l142/Got...ss/100_0086.jpg and http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l142/Got...ss/100_0087.jpg

He looks like he is ill and i don't have money to take him to a vet or anything. I am thinking about going out tomorrow morning and trying to find him a new home... but i don't know what to do with him until he gets a new place to stay..

I can't send him to a shelter because the ones here aren't great and the closest no kill shelter is over 3 hours away..

PLUS me and my 2 year old are allergic to cats....

He doesn't look like he's that sick, but....

Try to see if he's microchipped, as Tiki said. If he doesn't have one, you can give him to someone you know will take great care of him.

It is said that if you have Toxoplasma, then you're more likely to like cats. So erm....Toxoplasma is a wonderful little parasite. Lemme give you the wiki article on it - Toxoplasma Article

Look in the Toxoplasmosis section, although it doesn't explain the human relationship with cats (basically how the plasma likes to have its host near a cat because it prefers to be in a cat, yadda yadda yadda. I'm not a biology major...) ...and read the book Peeps by Scott Westerfeld. He also explains it.

Wow, reading over this post makes me sound weird.

I have loads better pictures, but can't get to them atm. Here's Sebastian and Pierre. And yes my bed is messy and yes that's a towel on it. The fluffball Pierre likes to barf on my bed. No where else. So a lot of the times I have to wash my sheets and I've learned from experience that sometimes he doesn't wait for clean sheets to barf again.

Good news is I've found a good balance since then so he hardly ever does it anymore. Apparently filling the tin his food is in all the way up causes him to overeat. 1/3 full is the charm. ^.~ I'll see if I can get other pic's so my two girls don't get jealous. I have a beatiful Tortie and a long haired white with rings on her tail. She's currently sick sad.gif

She wandered around a nasty place for a week and got something in her eyes. She's been having black nasty stuff leak out of her eyes for the past three weeks. Scared the censorkip.gif outta me. If the person who was supposed to be watching her wasn't a future in law I'd beat her silly. Plus she's like 76 blink.gif

@ Lola you could try looking over craig's list and petsmart. They have ties to people who really want to help pets. I know I found a tiny group of girls who find feral cats, spay/neuter, and then either give them homes or put them back in wild if they aren't tamable. Be VERY careful. Sometimes a person posts on there and even will bring children to come meet with you to take the animal and they turn around and sell it to research facilities and the pet will just be tested and poked it's whole life.

There are two cats who visit me in my new house, but they obviously belong to someone else because they have collars. They like to jump in through the window and meow a lot and stare at my goldfish. They're very friendly, one is black and white who I call 'Bishop' and the other is ginger and white who I call 'Newt'. I don't know what their real names are though, they only have little tinkly bells on their collars, not name tags.

Edited by Bramblyhuck

I love cats. Right now my family has two Tuxedo cats named Jasmine and Maggie, but I call them Pudge and Bug.

Jazzy (Pudge) loves everyone, and isn't afraid when people come to the house. She tries to wash everything also, including my face, and the poor dog. She seems to think she's the dog's mother.

Maggie (Bug) is very sweet, but she's paranoid. She doesn't like visitors, unless the visitor is my grandma or my uncle. Mags seems to have an obsession with smelling hair. She insists on being picked up and taken to smell my grandma's hair whenever she comes over. Very odd cat.

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/7733/mahpudge.jpg

^Pic of Jasmine. I'm too lazy to resize today.

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4733/sleepykittehs.jpg

^Pic of both kitties. Maggie's the one in back. I can't get her to sit still long enough to take a picture most of the time.

forgot to update you guys

I walked around town for 4 hours knocking on every ones door. No one lost a cat... I got lucky and hit one door and she was an elderly lady and said that she seen a car drive through town and toss kittens out of it.. and she believes the kitten i had was one of those.

I found him a home with my uncle and aunt. he is happy with another cat and they haven't showed up with him so i'm guessing the other cat likes him...

Oh and question for you guys...

Are Siamese cats good for people with allergies... I was thinking about it and the only cat i have never ever reacted to was my grandpa's cat.... and she is just plan evil and i love her

This is her - http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l142/Got...aec378aecc0.jpg

As a general rule shorthaired breeds are better than long haired breeds. Although, really, if you are allergic to cats the breeds generally regarded as producing the least allergens are the Sphynx, and any one of the Rex breeds (Devon, Cornish, German, LaPerm). I've heard some rumour that siamese and orientals also produce less of the allergens, but I can't say for certain.

As a general rule shorthaired breeds are better than long haired breeds. Although, really, if you are allergic to cats the breeds generally regarded as producing the least allergens are the Sphynx, and any one of the Rex breeds (Devon, Cornish, German, LaPerm). I've heard some rumour that siamese and orientals also produce less of the allergens, but I can't say for certain.

If sphynxes aren't bad, then a Donskoy or Peterbald can't hurt. :U