chickenhound

Minecraft!

Deserts, deserts everywhere. Currently built a shack in one, also found an NPC village and above ground lava pool in one (the same one). <- Got sick of starting in a forest, so I walked from the forest spawn point to the desert area.

Found an abandoned mine, but fell further down into a massive underground ravine, which was annoying to get out of. On the bright side, I found a block of exposed diamond before I found redstone (seems like the ravines have made things easier). Pity it was over lava, had to turn it all into obsidian. Obsidian river, biggrin.gif.

Out of all the changes, I find the ravines to be a little annoying, as I keep hitting them when mining (needless to say, I am now more careful of the blocks below me). Hunger is a little on the iffy side too (more of not being used to playing on easy/normal, than it is being annoyed at having to eat), you take damage if you starve yourself completely. laugh.gif

Swamps are awesome too, loads of mushrooms and floating trees/trees growing in the water.

1.8.1 Already? Geez they're on a roll!

Edit:

Regarding the server being 12/7 or 24/7; the 12/7 is probably better as it has higher memory. I'm not too sure how memory effects servers, but more ram is usually better in most cases.

Edited by VampiricOmen

I like the ravines.

Then again, I haven't done much mining yet to run into one...I'm sure once I do, I'll change my opinion. |D

Just found a forest of cedar trees, but no snow. *rage*

Oh yeah, did torches always flicker? The light from them seems to flicker very slightly...or have I been staring at the computer for too long? >.>'

I don't really get the point of putting in NPC villages when the NPCs aren't ready though, they might as well have waited for the update when the NPCs were ready to introduce the villages. It sort of underwhelmed me.

I don't really get the point of putting in NPC villages when the NPCs aren't ready though, they might as well have waited for the update when the NPCs were ready to introduce the villages. It sort of underwhelmed me.

Maybe Notch wanted to make sure the villages were generating correctly before adding the NPCs?

Minecraft is still in beta so he can put as many half finished things into the game as he wants.

I made a new world and found a partially underwater ravine (the entrance is completely underwater). It didn't seem to be connected to a mine 'though which is a bit of a shame. Still a great place for a base imo smile.gif

I dunno, I think the abandoned villages are kind of neat, it makes the world feel like you have inherited it after the people who previously inhabited it have long since died off.

Seeing that the only answerer was VampiricOmen, I'm gonna post this again:

A poll: Would you want a 24/7 server running on 256MB of RAM or a 12/7 server running on 1GB of RAM?

Also, I'm just waiting for Bukkit to get updated. Then I'm sure lag will be gone. biggrin.gif

EDIT: I'm downloading a non-stable version of Bukkit. But I'm hoping it'll reduce lag.

EDIT 2: Most of the lag is caused by a memory leak. It is happening on every Minecraft out there. Combined with the little server lag = ULTRA LAG!

EDIT 3: And just so new people can join:

This is a Hamachi server, so you need to have Hamachi installed.

Join the network: caramba 2654

The password is: 55912

After that you can right click my name and copy my IPV4 address. You'll connect to Minecraft using that.

Edited by caramba2654

I think the server just 'sploded. :I

On a slightly more random note: it was raining pretty hard today. I looked out towards the mountains and could barely see anything. I thought to myself "I need to change the fog distance". -.-

I was messing around on creative mode today and I was flying around when I saw a forest fire that a surface lava lake had started... then proceeded to swoop down and put it out. I felt like Superman, and then I realized that I have no life. >.>

I haven't been able to find any mineshafts or ravines yet in my worlds, but I was experimenting with seeds yesterday and I found an interesting one.

The seed 'Enderman' spawns you on a cliff next to a tree and some coal. A small distance away from the spawn point, there's a generated village and a caved in surface dungeon right next to each other on the sand. And close to that is an 'almost-surface' lava lake hidden by a single layer of sand and stone.

Server down for today. And please answer the poll, everyone!

Depends on when the 12/7 server would be up. Because I live in Hawaii...big time difference. Half the time I try to log on, the server is down cuz everyone else is sleeping. :c

Well, my timezone is -3 GPM and I run it from 2PM to around 11PM, so...

BTW the server should be up! Also, can you see if it up if you added it to the server list? I'm really curious about that...

Edited by caramba2654

Ehh, I guess 12/7 would be ok...but do you think maybe once in a while it could be up all day? >.>

EDIT: Is anyone else unable to change their skin? I try to upload a skin, and the file doesn't show up. :/

Edited by Ali'i Makani Pahili

I think i found the seed Simon and Lewis used for their world.

swampyawayyyy

It spawns you real close to a village, but still can't find that ravine or mineshaft...

what is the server info anyway? *does not remember*

If you click multiplayer, you're now going to find a page with where your servers would be if you added them. You can add them with the add function, filling in a title (whatever you want) a brief description (whatever you want) and the IP or address of the server, or you can connect directly to the IP or address with direct connect. Some servers are whitelisted where you have to be on the whitelist to even connect; some servers are whitelisted such that you have to be on the whitelist to modify anything.

what is the server info anyway? *does not remember*

This is a Hamachi server, so you need to have Hamachi installed.

Join the network: caramba 2654

The password is: 55912

After that you can right click my name and copy my IPV4 address. You'll connect to Minecraft using that.

Sorry for not being a normal server, but my port forwarding is blocked...

No, it didn't. Maybe the connection timed out for you, but the server log says it didn't crash once.

I just figured out that you can punch through bedrock in creative mode and fall into a void and die.

I didn't think it was possible to die in creative and now I feel pretty accomplished.

X3 I've done that about 3 times now because I just dig down without paying attention to things.

I dug down to bedrock twice today...I dunno if it's just being close to the void that does it, but it makes everything look reeaally dark and your view is reduced to almost tiny fog distance. It's weird. >.>

Server up! And updating the server to the newest releases every time I start it up.

The dust/fog at bedrock levels kinda weird, makes it hard to see.

Went back to the underground ravine that orange and I were mining around, a slime spawned and consequently killed itself; I'm not sure how that worked with the server being on peaceful, but it dropped two slimeballs. At first I thought it was a creeper because it was green, but it wasn't. I know monsters spawn and de-spawn instantly on peaceful, but still, it was very odd. blink.gif