Carnivorous M.

Describe-A-Dragon!

Tetrus Tytris - Write that Description!

I accidentally spelled it "Tetris" at first. Maybe he enjoys playing a similar game?

---

This dragon, Jolly Rock Candy, is a proud inventor who once strove to create a powerful exploding weapon out of her garnets. However, some magic went amiss, and she accidentally created a small stone that, when licked, tasted incredibly sweet. She immediately hatched a brilliant idea and began to sell these small sweet treats to other dragons for gold and gems. Dragons in EG's Cave go crazy for Jolly's "Rock Candy".

---

Over 500 of my dragons are described so please check first. (0hHur) and Jolly Rock Candy are pending. Pretty much everything is fair game now. I accept suggestions! I may not use them though depending on the dragon.

Edited by Earth Gurl

Leemur - write her description!

While most flamingo wyverns like flamingos, she loves lemurs. She wholeheartedly believes she is a lemur wyvern.

Try it in Terza rima! (link to form)

Argent Alloy loves silk more than anything. It doesn't matter what state it is in, from grungy cocoons to human-sized garments, silk is her forte. She has a mulberry grove and raises silk moths in the outskirts of Lloyprij. The rest of the town's inhabitants tend to dislike her for her reclusiveness, but merchants love the incredible quality of the silk she trades - usually for other top-quality silks - and silk she has produced has traveled as far away as Nworset and the South Sisters Islands. As a hobby, she often keeps a pure-white dove or two. She sometimes longs for a mate, but none of the dragons who have tried to court her have been able to compete with the silk worms for her affection.

(In retrospect her name should have been 'Auric Alloy', but I messed up my latin.)

Taking suggestions. Stuff between Niharia and Dakari at the front and after L0iRe in the back is undescribed.

Edited by Kakaru_of_DOOM

Philomortus - Write that description!

Since he is a Sweetling descendent, maybe he likes the sweeter things in life.

---

Whilst others of her kind watch flamingos abound,

Leemur can't stand the ridiculous bird.

It's lemurs she loves; they are all around!

"Flamingos the greatest-" she scoffs, "that's absurd!"

She passes them up for her meals every day.

With lemurs and herons, those pink birds are certainly third.

So day in and day out; what can she say;

She gobbles up lemurs from deep in the trees.

She certainly can't pass up a lemur filet!

"Flamingos are nasty compared to these."

She gobbles up lemurs, as many as she may please.

Sorry if that is horrible. I've never heard of a Terza Rima. These poem suggestions are rad tho.

---

Over 500 of my dragons are described so please check first. Leemur is pending. Pretty much everything is fair game now. I accept suggestions! I may not use them though depending on the dragon.

Holly Spells Write That Description!

Maybe he does spells relating to holly as his way of spreading cheer?

Moth-Pillar and z'Slap are pending. I will be writing one for Push or PUyII. Make sure to check if the dragon is already described. Everything else is good.

Taking Suggestions!

Moth-pillar's description:

Moth-Pillar loves moths. Any moths that she can find, she catches. Her collection has grown very large over time. She has a large cave all to herself and the moths, and in it are many glass jars. She checks on all of them often, and when she finds that some have died, she digs a hole for the glass jar and pins the moth's body up on the wall. Many merchants like her, because she constantly needs more jars. Nobody knows where she gets all of the money from, but many have noticed a few of their coins or items missing.

z'Slap's description:

z'Slap was named for his love of slapping other dragons. Dragons avoid him, because he has a tendency to slice them up with his wings. He is very territorial, and will attack any dragon that makes their way onto his land, no matter how big or strong they happen to be. He has not been fatally wounded yet, but it may be soon to come, as he pays no attention to the risks.

Little Black Flames - Write that Description!

Maybe he spouts super hot little blue flames that look black from a distance, so other dragons have misinterpreted him to spew black flames.

---

Holly Spells works with the Magi Clan around Christmas every year, teleporting and distributing gifts of gold, silver, food, and other hoarded items to dragons all over EG's Cave. He spends half of the year traveling outside of the Holiday Village, surveying the entire dragon populous about their hearts' deepest desires. He spends the other half tracking down every desired item and hoarding it in a cave near the Magi Clan.

He believes that these gifts embody the Christmas spirit, and he strives to spread it as best he can.

---

Over 500 of my dragons are described so please check first. Leemur and Holly Spells are pending. Pretty much everything is fair game now. I accept suggestions! I may not use them though depending on the dragon.

Edited by Earth Gurl

Ziggy the Survivor - Write that description!

What event or incident did she survive?

~~~

This Magi dragoness earned her name due to an incident when she was a hatchling. She still hadn't quite gotten the hang of flying yet, and one afternoon while practicing, she lost control and crash landed in a field of flowers. Marigoldblaze wasn't hurt, luckily, but that was the day she discovered she was allergic to pollen. The force of the resulting sneeze combined with her strong magical abilities caused a wide swath of the field to catch on fire. Thankfully help arrived quickly and the flames were put out without too much trouble, but from then on Marigoldblaze has found her calling working as a volunteer rescuer and fire-fighter.

~~~

Always open to suggestions~ :)

Currently pending are: Rosepuff, Seashellflight, Marigoldblaze, Dustflight

Ribbonfeather - Describe that dragon!

Perhaps she always felt more like a Moonstone Dragon, and she used to follow her father everywhere, trying her best to imitate him?

Suggestions appreciated.

Not describing my silvers/golds/tinsels.

Over 120 of my dragons have descriptions. Please make sure the one you pick does not. The one below is Pending.

Carpet Death - Write that description!

Carpet was always a hyperactive hatchie. She would get herself in all sorts of trouble. In an attempt to mitigate the destruction her hatchie could cause, Taste would bundle her up in a large, brightly colored carpet. Though, she was never able to use the same carpet twice. By the end of each day, the carpet would be in tatters, unable to withstand an almost constant attack from hatchling claws.

Kanaye just replaced each carpet calmly, deciding she would rather pay for a carpet, or eighty, rather than having to entirely refurnish her cave every week.

Silver Spoon Cheesie - Write that Description!

Does she always get everything she wants? Was she pampered because she became the companion of a rich human like a nobleman or woman?

---

Ziggy nearly met her fate one day as she played in the cool waters of Cumberland Lake in EG's Cave. Her best friend, Mick, warned her that weeks of heavy rain had stirred up silt and nastiness into the shallows. A few days after enjoying her ritual splashing on the first day of sun in weeks, she became horribly sick. She had contracted some kind of scale-eating virus that left her with small patches of scaleless flesh, but for some reason, the virus did not kill her.

Many of the dragons were amazed by her resilience, bestowed upon her the name "Survivor" as well as making her a cave elder.

---

Over 500 of my dragons are described so please check first. Leemur, Ziggy the Survivor, and Holly Spells are pending. Pretty much everything is fair game now. I accept suggestions! I may not use them though depending on the dragon.

Puffs of Smoke - Write That Description!

Maybe she wants to breathe fire, but is only able to produce smoke.

Suggestions welcome. I currently have no pending descriptions.

Edit:

GET OUT OF THE POOL guards a nicely sized tidal pool that is regularly visited by dragons who are too small or afraid to go into the actual ocean. For safety reasons, she has created several rules that are to be followed by guests at all times. Failure to comply to these rules will result in her swiftly chasing them away from the pool, often after their first offense.
Edited by alupe99a

GET OUT OF THE POOL - Describe that dragon!

He's a lifeguard - a very aggressive lifeguard who will not put up with any nonsense.

Suggestions are welcome, especially for magis and anything else I have a gazillion of, but might be used instead for another dragon. Dragons below Urdoc - UNDESCRIBED on my scroll lack descriptions (everyone else is either described or pending). I have approved or pending descriptions for over half of my dragons now (2000+ and counting), but there are still plenty to choose from. (Yes, I will have a group eventually for the undescribed dragons, but not until there are a lot fewer of them.)

Phoenix of Autumn is terribly allergic to pollen. He's persuaded a few dark green dragons to live near his cave to keep the plant life down, but they can't do anything about the the pollen that drifts in on every breeze. Throughout the spring and summer, he grows increasingly lethargic and miserable, only recovering when fall rolls around. Phoenix of Autumn is one of the few dragons in the weyr to deliberately stomp on any snowdrop he sees, because he knows they're a harbinger of another half-year of misery.
Edited by Mathcat

Knawt - Write that description!

Perhaps she loves wordplay, especially homophones and homonyms!

(When I saw her name my first thought was the "Can you knot?/"I can not." bit from Winnie the Pooh. xD)

~~~

Despite being a Rosebud, Ribbonfeather has always identified more with Moonstone dragons like her father. When she was a little hatchling she would stay awake past her bedtime in an attempt to absorb moonlight with him. Now as an adult she has chosen to be mates with Shadowedsong the Moonstone, and is still quite the night owl.

~~~

Always open to suggestions~ :)

Currently pending are: Ribbonfeather

Shimmeringsong - Describe that Dragon!

I noticed he has no children. Perhaps there is another dragon on your scroll who is pining for him, but he simply has no interest in mates or children?

~*~

Suggestions appreciated.

Over 120 of my dragons have descriptions. Please make sure the one you pick does not. The one below is Pending.

Silver Spoon, who thinks of herself as female, came to Kanaye by way of a Silver ggg. Silver Spoon herself doesn't even know the whole story. Did Kanaye generously gift someone a Silver egg, and the giftee knew the only way to thank Kanaye properly was through a Cheese egg?

Or was it something a bit more nefarious? Did Kanaye sneak into some poor noble's castle of dragons and thieve Silver Spoon's egg, leaving a Silver egg as payment?

Was it a Silver egg her dragons bred or was it one that was abandoned, and unloved until Kanaye came along and gave it purpose?

Whatever the reason, whatever the how or who, Kanaye paid a price to acquire Silver Spoon and Silver Spoon never let anyone forget it. 

Edited by Kanaye

Has a Name You Think The Only - Write his description!

He is very overprotective of his name, so much so that he won't even tell it to anyone. No exceptions. His name is a secret.

Fearsome, Philomortus roars

Or makes great noise by shattering rocks

Then descends on candy stores:

Like some freakish cat, he stalks

Through the Lloyprij market stalls

Then, he buys a massive box

Of dainty little chocolate balls.

Despite his show, his fearsome scowl

And his constant need to brawl,

He is always on the prowl

For delicate and sweet desserts.

He’s been known to disembowel

Those who tease his shopping spurts

Particularly petite fours

“The best of candies”, he asserts.

Yeah, I didn't end it the way terza rima is supposed to end according to most of the sources I've read. I have a habit of rhyming all chain verse as if the last stanza precedes the first.

Taking suggestions. Stuff between Niharia and Dakari at the front and after L0iRe in the back is undescribed.

ParaShoe T - Write that description!

This Dino longingly looks up at the sky and imagines what it would be like to float down from a great height. Maybe they've even tried to invent something for that purpose?

~~~

Shimmeringsong is a kind and friendly Sunsong Amphipthere who enjoys composing songs and poems. Not for himself, but for Harmonystone, a Sapphire dragoness who is his closest friend. Though he has a lovely singing voice, he lacks the confidence to perform himself and is quite content to let her take center stage. If only he knew how she truly feels about him as more than a friend, but having no desire for children or a mate, he's oblivious to the signs.

~~~

Suggestions welcome! ^-^

Currently pending: Shimmeringsong

Gemwind - Describe that dragon!

Perhaps when he was a hatchie he would go outside, find pebbles and throw them into the air. Perhaps, sometimes the wind would catch them and they'd hit other dragons.

Suggestions appreciated.

Over 130 of my dragons have descriptions. Please make sure the one you pick does not. The one below is Pending.

A long time ago, Kanaye was bent on colllecting as many Bright-Breasted Wyverns as she could. With that many, she stopped being creative with their names, even going so far as to leave many of them unnamed for weeks.

Then one day she went through their section of the cave. She asked all of the unnamed dragons to form a line, then, with Sir Scribe following her, writing furiously, Kanaye began to sing. She would sing a few words, and then point to the next dragon in line.

Name had picked his name out when he was a hatchie.  He had been waiting for Kanaye to show up, so he could tell her. When he realized what she was doing, he felt betrayed. How dare she not even ask if they had named among themselves already. How dare she lump then all together and name them haphazardly. The sheer arrogance of it.

He zipped his lips and kept his chosen name to himself, buried deep where no one but he could find it.

Pending are: Abandon Egg Hatch Stop, Silver Spoon Cheesie, Tapdancing On Bubblewrap

Lost in Cheesie - describe that cheese!

Somewhere on Valkemare, there is a massive limestone cave used for the sole purpose of aging goat cheese. Lost in Cheesie wanders around, looking for the way out and yet never finding it.

ParaShoe T wishes he could fly like a purple dino. He has always been more interested in the sky than anything on the ground, and he can only get so high by jumping and flapping his feet. At first he tried making wings, but they were too hard to flap and didn't hold up very well. One day, after watching a bunch of balloon dragons drifting by, he got the idea to make a giant bag that he could fill with air so he could float around easily on the breeze. Some of the balloons got excited and helped him on his project, going so far as to enchant the massive sack with air magic. Now, ParaShoe T can usually be seen drifting around, hanging from his large magical air-sack, often using thermals to try and get as high as possible. He likes to think that the flying dragons are jealous of him, though most aren't.

Mercurial Spontinaity - Describe that dragon!

Perhaps he is only spontaneous if other dragon suggest things. Perhaps he cannot be spontaneous on his own.

Suggestions appreciated.

Not describing my silvers/golds/tinsels/cheeses.

Over 130 of my dragons have descriptions. Please make sure the one you pick does not. The one below is Pending.

Some of the dragons in Kanaye's cave swear Lost has a homing beacon in him. He seems to always find his way home, no matter where he ends up. His favorite story to tell -he told it so often to Sir Scribe, the poor paper dragon started avoiding him to save ink- was the one time he wandered off, following his nose, and discovered a huge limestone cave filled with aging goat cheese.

Agent has yet to confirm this story, though there are several reports of Lost's section of the cave having a distinct, goaty aroma.

Pending are: Abandon Egg Hatch Stop, Silver Spoon Cheesie, Tapdancing On Bubblewrap, Has a Name You Think the Only, Wistful Dreams of Cuffs

Edited by Kanaye

Exquisite Rosehip Tea - Write that description!

Maybe she runs a special tea shop during the Valentine's season, and, contrary to her name she actually prefers jasmine tea?

~~~

As a young hatchling Gemwind would amuse himself by tossing small pebbles into the air and watching them fall back to the ground. He soon got bored with simple tosses and began adding "trick shots" like backflips, twirls, and tail strikes. This behavior was fine when he was on his own, but not so much when he was in the more crowded areas of the cave. After being pelted by airborne pebbles one too many times, the adult dragons began chasing him off whenever he so much as glanced at a small stone. Nowadays he still occasionally indulges in his "game" but knows to do so where he won't hit anyone.

(Funnily enough something like that has happened to me. xD My brother and I were trying to skip rocks at the local reservoir several years back and somehow I threw the rock backwards instead of at the water and almost hit my mom in the head. Whoops..)

~~~

Suggestions welcome! ^-^

Currently pending: Gemwind

Hazydream - Describe that dragon!

Perhaps she always seems to be in a daze. Perhaps the other dragons speculate whether or not she was dropped on her head one too many times as a hatchie.

~*~

Suggestions appreciated.

There seems to be a disproportionate amount of dragons living in Kanaye's cave who disagree with, dislike, or outright hate, their official names. Jasmine is one of them. She actually rather detests Rosehip Tea. There was a bit of resistance but soon she had everyone calling her Jasmine, after her favorite tea. Now, some may wonder why she didn't just choose the "Tea" aspect of her name to go by, but it just wasn't meant to be, despite Jasmine being a connoisseur of tea. In fact one of the largest of Sir Scribe's monthly shopping lists belonged to her.

Jasmine prided herself in being able to judge a dragon's favorite tea based on what they saw in a spinning rock. Rarely was she wrong.

History at Nine - write her description!

She likes to blather on about history, with weekly classes starting at nine. These continue (as per her code) for 7 hours. Suffice to say, her attendance rates are low.

Mercurial Spontaneity has a hard time coming up with ideas on his own. He sits around bewailing his lack of inspiration and locking himself up with his hoard, waiting for an idea to strike. It never does. The only time he gets new ideas is when someone drags him out of his den to talk with others. While socializing he is prone to get brilliant flashes of spontaneous inspiration, often leading him to set off on adventures with whomever is in the area. Once out of the house, he keeps getting crazier ideas that lead to more convoluted shenanigans in a feedback loop, which continues until he tires out to the point where he falls asleep and gets dragged back into his den.

As always, taking suggestions. Stuff between Niharia and Dakari at the front and after L0iRe in the back is undescribed.

Eapoxy - Describe that dragon!

Perhaps he has an obsession with gluing things together. Anything together. A hatchie and a Sunrise dragon's favorite possession, a handful of lillies and the ceiling of a Moonstone's dragon's room, a long piece of rope and every sock within a one mile radius.

~*~

Suggestions appreciated.

History loves history. She loves the discovery of it. The "Oh! This thing happened and that was the cause of such and such", though she would never put it so crudely.

Unfortunately, she disagrees with a large population of the dragons in Kanaye's cave. History believes that everything that happened yesterday and beyond counts as history.

Discovering that, one day ago, Pinprick "accidentally" sewed Roly to a wall in the Vampire section of the cave, thus prompting Bitter to threatened to bite the poor nebula. BiteAnya grew upset at the idea of killing an innocent hatchie and decided to bite Bitter on the tail.

All this fascinates History and she hunts for every detail, lapping them up.

Once a month she teaches a History class, one that has been known to last up to seven hours. Most dragons don't attend, but a few, like Secret and Agent, enjoy the way History takes cave drama and turns it into something to both be admired and learned from.

Cheesie Earl - cheese that description!

You're not above rhyming, yes? Up for a Cerlihew (link to form)? Sorry that I don't have any more detailed ideas. Maybe he likes things decorated with pearl, or something.

Eapoxy loves adhesive glue,

And everything he finds will get glued up;

His foreclaw's often pasted to a cup

While figs are pasted into every shoe

And baskets are cemented to a yew.

His stickiness goes far - once one canoe

Was fused to flower-heads of thyme and hyssop:

Eapoxy loves adhesive glue,

And everything he finds will get glued up.

There's wyrmlings glued to trees, a big snafu

Since others get glued down throughout cleanup -

He's even glued an alter on the bishop.

You needn't know him well to know it's true:

Eapoxy loves adhesive glue.

I'm kind of sorry I didn't manage to glue your examples in there. I should've tried harder.

As always, taking suggestions. Stuff between Niharia and Dakari at the front and after L0iRe in the back is undescribed. At least, I think I got all of my more recent descriptions out of there...

Edited by Kakaru_of_DOOM

Deibhidhe - Describe that dragon.

Perhaps he has always wanted legs. He does everything he can to fashion fake legs for himself, perhaps even going so far as to recruit hatchies to help him.

I'm sorry, KoD. I do not rhyme.

Cheesie Earl - cheese that description!

Earl is a bossy, pompous cheesie. He (for he refers to himself as male) has a Butler he orders around for every little thing. It started when they were eggs. Kanaye had set each of their cheesie eggs down carefully but when she walked away, Earl's egg tilted ever so slightly until it was leaning against Butler's.

And when they hatched, it was always Earl, leaning on Butler, both physically and metaphorically.

Some have asked Butler what he gets out of the deal but Earl always answers before the other cheesie can. "Why, the pleasure of serving me, of course."

Butler has not said anything to counter Earl's word, just continues serving diligently.

And look, I'm giving you a Two-for-One Special!

Butler is a calm, obedient cheesie. He, for Earl has claimed his Butler is male and Butler has not contradicted this, serves Earl without hesitation.

Earl's every wish is his command, whether it is bringing Earl tarts, helping him "solve a mystery", or even announcing guests as they enter Earl's room in the Cheesie section of Kanaye's cave.

Several dragons have asked Butler what he gets out of the deal, but he always allows Earl to answer as he continues serving diligently.

In truth, he never considered not buttling for Earl. It's not just what he does, it's who he is. Without Earl, Butler would be... just another purposeless cheesie, roaming Kanaye's cave. And that thought terrifies him.

Edited by Kanaye

Satyr's Hidden Ninja Cuffs - Write that description!

Perhaps she longs to be a warrior, but at the same time she's so shy and afraid of hurting anyone or being hurt that she only practices her ninja moves alone at night when no one else is around.

~~~

Quite flighty and air-headed, even for a Daydream dragon, the others in Hazycloud's cave wonder if it's something other than her breed's usual "head-in-the-clouds" nature behind some of her mishaps. For example, there was the time she went missing as a hatchling and was eventually found taking a nap, unaware that her cloud was hovering just out of reach of a patch of Dragon Grass. The cave's Whites have assured her owner that she's perfectly healthy, but the more curmudgeonly dragons still like to speculate that she fell off her cloud and landed on her head one too many times as a hatchling.

~~~

Suggestions welcome! ^-^

Currently pending: Hazycloud

Eyyy look who's not dead. I missed this thread, glad to see it hasn't completely died off.

---

Blossompool - Describe that dragon!

Suggestion: Perhaps her favorite spot to relax is a small, secluded pond in a grove of flowering trees. In the spring the petals will rain down over the water and make it the most magical place in the world for her.

---

For my Sweetling Mehron (then unnamed):

Mehron keeps an extensive collection of maps as his hoard, some from other lands and worlds and some so ancient that it is difficult to tell where one geographical border ends and a stain begins. But the jewels of his collection are the maps he's drawn himself detailing locations of his favorite treats. Why spend years wandering Galsriem aimlessly when he can draw up a set of directions -- time is candy, as he likes to say. 
Of course, his own maps are hardly accurate as Mehron has terrible vision and his paws are constantly shaking from the sheer amount of sugar he consumes on a daily basis, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Somehow they still guide him consistently to candy even though they look more like works of art than functional maps. Or maybe his memory is just unusually sharp, in which case he'd be better off selling them to art collectors and buying candy outright. But Sweetlings are never ones to take the easy way out and Mehron is living proof.

--- 

Please choose a dragon from my undescribed group. All others are either unnamed or already have descriptions. :)