Carnivorous M.

Describe-A-Dragon!

Ceilla Describe That Dragon!

Maybe every time she gave away her stolen hoard it ended badly, so she's terrified of giving gifts to anyone?

https://dragcave.net/group/41608 Please choose a dragon from this group! It should be all of my undescribed mints. Unnamed is fine.

I wonder if I can revive this thread.

The Powerful Fool Describe that dragon!

I'm thinking that he carries around a stick for a scepter and wears some goofy straw hat on his head. He waves his "scepter" at the other dragons and tries to boss them around like a lazy king.

You can suggest anything for any of my undescribed dragons, really, but these two groups take priority if you please! 

To be Described

My Pillow Army

Quiet as Falling Snow - Describe that dragon!

With an egotistical father and a mother with issues due to being abandoned as an egg, this Black dragon quickly learned to tread on eggshells while growing up. His abilities to sneak and fly by quietly to escape his parents' notice have made him a skilled hunter as an adult though, descending swiftly onto his prey without the slightest sound to give him away.

Any dragon on my scroll without a description is eligible, but here's a quick list anyway: Description To Do List. Open to suggestions!

Edited by Mirhana

Bright Desires - Describe that dragon!

He had an ambitious dream until his hopes were dashed by being cursed with eternal youth. Maybe he now lives forever as a hatchling, wondering what could have been if he grew to his full potential. Or perhaps he learned to work around his curse, and achieve his goals after all.

Skorn, his egotistical father, boasted a short fuse and hypocritically high standards. His negligent mother never came around to defend him. Quickly learning from her that he can't rely on anyone else to protect him, he traveled around the cave silently to avoid Skorn's wrath almost all his life. On the rare occasions he failed, he learned how to defend himself and when to retreat. An unstable home life turned this dragon into a deadly hunter and skilled warrior, with the scars to tell the tale of his trials by fire.

You can suggest anything for any of my undescribed dragons, really, but these two groups take priority if you please! 

To be Described

My Pillow Army

@solarflare3000 The link to your groups don't seem to work!

Snowy Kira - Describe that dragon! Even as a hatchling, she knew she was different from her parents and siblings, but how did that affect her? Did she want to be like everyone else or is she glad not to be like them?

No one seems to know much about where this hatchling came from. The Aeon Wyverns brought him to the pack without much introduction, leaving him to spin his own tales of a tragic youth and how he came here. In truth, he did have a tragic youth - though he was not as much a victim as he makes it out to be. As he grew in size, he grew in ferocity, and when even his own parents could not contain him any longer, he was chased off, left to fend for himself. Nevertheless Bright Desires set out unabashed, determined to fight his way to the top and become the pinnacle of power. Sensing the danger in him, the Aeon Wyverns cursed him with eternal youth and brought him to the Peaceful Pack, where he might prove himself worthy of redemption. That path is long and hard for someone with a lust for power like Bright Desires. Fortunately, most of the other hatchlings will ignore his attempts to dominate them, forcing him to socialize in an acceptable manner. Redemption or pretense, only time will tell.

Open to suggestions! I have a Description To Do List, though any dragon on my scroll without a description is open for suggestions. Dragons with pending descriptions can be found here.

Edited by Mirhana

Mom And Dad Wanted A Soulpeace Describe That Dragon!

This hatchling has always disappointed his parents, starting from when he was born as a Daydream rather than a Soulpeace. How did he react? Did he eventually decide to make his own life or did he continue trying to please them?

https://dragcave.net/group/41608 Please choose a dragon from this group! It should be all of my undescribed mints. Unnamed is fine.

@Peachycupcake525

https://dragcave.net/view/hrz1E - Write that description! He grew up in an Alpine region, but has a terrible fear of heights. How did he cope with that? Did he move to a less elevated region as he grew older or learn to overcome his fear with practice? Maybe he meets a buddy who supports him?

Mom And Dad Wanted A Soulpeace

The first memory this little hatchling has is of cold. Soul barely had the strength to clamber out of his eggshells as he hatched, and he could do nothing but lie still on the remains of the egg that had kept him safe. Looking around, he was laying on a pile of debris; abandoned eggs, broken eggs, dead eggs. Despite the bitter wind blowing over the rocky outcrop, there was also an unmistakable pungent smell of decay. Trying to catch his breath from the exertion of hatching, he fell into the deep, dreamless slumber of exhaustion.
When he woke, Soul felt a fresh breeze and warm sunshine on his scales as an Aeon Wyvern carried him to a new home. As he learned, his parents abandoned his egg because he would not become the prestigious Soulpeace they were hoping for. Although their neglect has stopped his growth, he has learned to let go of his feelings of failure. Though still eager to please others, Soul has found his self-worth does not depend on what breed he is.

Taking suggestions! I have a Description To Do List, though any dragon on my scroll can be suggested. I have my approved descriptions grouped here while my pending descriptions can be found here.

Suggestions are welcome but not obligatory!

Edited by Mirhana

I'm Dying to Meet You Describe that dragon!

Maybe he killed himself many years ago to reunite with the late love of his life, and was revived with a mind destroyed either by what he saw in the afterlife or filled with rage at being once again torn away from his lover's embrace.

Although no one tells her outright, Kira knows that everyone looks at her differently because of her dark, alternate colors. Although most dragons can look past her unique hide and see her for who she is, many shallow creatures envy her. She always feels the spiteful gazes of those who covet her hide on her back. They're like burning embers that cling to her scales and won't let go, but Kira loves all of the attention anyways.

Any dragon who doesn't already have a description is open to suggestions! My dragons!

I'm open to suggestions, but if I already have an idea for the dragon in question, the suggestion may be disregarded.

Two to pick from!

https://dragcave.net/view/TQJfl  Describe that dragon! She has beautiful cream-colored eyes, similar to pearls. She also loves to collect pearls, but there are few and only small ones in the pond where she lives. Males try to woo her by bringing large pearls from the ocean to her.

https://dragcave.net/view/v8dsD Describe that dragon! He is generally a kind and loving dragon, but when he is stressed or otherwise under pressure, his demons come to haunt him. Dark silhouettes moving in the corner of his eyes. Whispering voices in his ears. He knows they're not real, but they can be difficult to shake off.

An incomprehensible calm fell over him. The scene before him was so surreal. It felt like a bad dream. It had to be a bad dream. Then his brain finally processed what his eyes were seeing, and a colossal wave of grief swept over him and crushed his very being. She was dead.

He had a son to take care of. He couldn't give in to desperation, couldn't end his own sorrow without inflicting so much more grief on the one other being that he truly loved. But slowly he began to notice how much hurt he was causing to his child regardless. In the long run, it would cause less pain to just end it all, right now.

He could hear his love calling out to him, became closer to her the more life slipped away from him.

He had underestimated how much he meant to his son, underestimated his love, his power. Her voice faded as his grew louder. "Dad! Dad, come on! You gotta get up, dad..."

His muscles obeyed him, but his mind was destroyed. If he thought he had known pain before, it was only just beginning.

Had to rewrite my description because it was a story instead of describing his personality, whoops. Attempt two!

"Till death do us part" was what they had promised each other. But death came, and the seperation was unbearable. What lay beyond he did not know, but that was where his love was.

He could hear her voice growing stronger while life slipped away from him. As he grew closer her silhouette began to take shape, and he began to catch a whiff of her sweet smell.

Then it was gone.

If he thought he had known pain before, it was only just beginning. So close to reuniting with his love, he was brought back from the dead. Well, brought back... His muscles obey him, but his mind is destroyed. What is left of his brain is filled with blind rage at the injustice of the world.

I think I might rename him, the bad pun feels a bit mismatched to his depressing story haha!

I have a Description To Do List, though any undescribed dragon on my scroll is eligible! I also have groups for my approved and pending descriptions. Open to suggestions!

Edited by Mirhana

CB Frostbite F13 - Describe that dragon!

She has a hard time with names and always gets her neighbours's names mixed up. Perhaps because a lot of them have rather similar names to begin with...

I'm following my own advice form the Description Force! thread and reviving this game. Let's see if this stays alive or not. I know it was like, a zillion aeons ago, but the last time I posted here it was Debhide's turn to be described, so for whatever it's worth, here's a link. His description was approved some time ago.

Taking suggestions. Stuff between Niharia and Dakari at the front of my scroll and after L0iRe in the back is undescribed, plus-or-minus a few stray descriptions I've lost track of.

On 4/27/2020 at 7:03 AM, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

CB Frostbite F13 - Describe that dragon!

CB Frostbite 13 gazes out the entrance of her cave. She blinks. Thinks. If only she could remember who just said hi to her. She doesn't mean to be rude, but really, everyone here is so difficult to tell apart. All the Frostbites have the same figure, scales the same shade of white, the same glacial blue spikes, even all the caves in this neighborhood look absolutely identical. Not only that, their names are also way too similar. She thinks it was CB Frostbite F4 who was talking to her this morning about her new pet arctic fox. Or maybe that was CB Frostbite M8, and CB Frostbite F4 was the one who had the bad tooth. 

It's just all so confusing. She has noticed that the Frostbites who find a partner and start a family tend to move out to a bigger, personal cave and will assume a new, fancier name, but she herself has only had a summer fling and isn't settling down yet. Moving in together is a big step, you know. She has enough trouble simply remembering the names of her dates.

ODISP, write that description! Not the smartest and not the bravest. He has no idea what his magic actually does, but when he instinctively uses it when something startles him, whatever he felt threatened by is gone when the spell ends! It works perfectly! Though it's also a miracle he has survived locking himself in a time loop on a regular basis.

Open to suggestions!

Edited by Mirhana

@Mirhana https://dragcave.net/view/tydBj Describe that dragon! I'm thinking that in his spare time, he is a personal trainer for other dragons. If any dragon is out of shape, he's there to (aggressively) motivate them to get fit. But at the same time, I don't know if dragons really get overweight. So the secondary idea I had is that he's a sports coach who teaches any new players. Of course, it's a tough-love kind of teaching, but he definitely knows how to get his team working.

Open to any suggestions, I have my scroll linked in my sig. I also have a group of dragons with pending descriptions, so those are taken already.

@subwoofer

It's not uncommon to see this tiny Pygmy dragon latched on to the horns of a much larger Stone dragon, screaming 'motivational speeches' in their ear to urge them on. "YOU SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THIS WHEN YOU HAD THAT SECOND ROCK CANDY, SLIABH. DON'T YOU DARE GIVE UP ON ME NOW. YOU'RE GONNA KEEP GOING UNTIL WE REACH THAT DARNED MOUNTAIN OVER THERE." 

Despite his... straightforward attitude he has quite a number of clients. A large Stone dragon, unhappy with his features losing their sharpness over time. A male Brute dragon trying to put on some extra muscle before the next mating season. A famous stickwaterball-player building up stamina for the next championship. 

His cave is plastered with inspirational quotes, such as "If at first you don't succeed... try doing what your trainer told you to do the first time!" and "You don't get the butt you want by sitting on it". Although Treanair seems to have the best intentions, he doesn't have the kindest ways of showing it.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/1DxLN I apologise in advance but... he's a rug addict. His friends call him Carpets but his actual name is Matt.

Okay, okay, dad jokes aside, let's move on to another one:

https://dragcave.net/view/91hto Desribe that dragon! Nihito has been doing his best to fit in with the ever-increasing human population. He even got himself one of these "jobs", where he gets food and a measly bit of gold in exchange for showing up at a grey desolate building and squishing himself behind a wooden desk. Nothing interesting ever happens though, and he daydreams of days gone by and the heroic legends of old.

Xes0n - Describe that dragon!

Xes0n teaches lessons. I'm thinking higher education, perhaps pure mathematics, statistical analysis, or something along those lines?

ODISP doesn't know what's going on
When something scary comes:
He stares and hums
Wishing simply that the threat be gone,
Then rides the waves of time his terrors spawn.
Although he's caught himself within a loop,
And time rewinds
ODISP always finds
A way to get his muzzle in some soup
Or sneak into the children nugget coop.
The antics of the flighty drake inspire
Lyrical refrains
As his magic wanes;
Though heed this if you're tuning up your lyre:
Disturbing him will frequently backfire.

((Disclaimer: on my scroll, "children nugget" refers to the ordinary barnyard livestock bird, not to be confused with "chicken", the sapient extraterrestrial species.))

Taking suggestions. Stuff between Niharia and Dakari at the front of my scroll and after L0iRe in the back is undescribed, plus-or-minus a few stray descriptions I've lost track of.

Edited by Kakaru_of_DOOM
Quote glitched

Matt is a dragon who just can't get enough of rugs. He's often teased by the rest of his pack for just how many rugs he has. They're all over his cave! When night falls and he settles in to sleep, he curls atop a big pile of rugs. As such, the rest of the pack has nicknamed him "Carpets". He often argues with them that the two are different, rugs are small while carpets cover the whole floor of a room. Unfortunately, nobody really listens to him.

Nihito was always an easygoing dragon. Her life seemed a whole lot easier if she just accepted the changes and moved on. Fussing over every little thing wouldn't solve anything, and it just brought her unneeded stress. Over time, humans began to create their settlements closer and closer to her cave. Their construction and loud nature drove the prey away from her. So she decided that she would simply adapt and try to fit in with them. To stay fed, she got herself something that the humans called a "job". The humans bring her food and pay her bits of gold whenever she works.

Unfortunately, her job is perhaps the most tedious thing she's ever done. She enters a boring building, sits behind a boring desk, and does paperwork for hours on end. The only way to avoid being miserable is for her to think about her past, how much fun she used to have, flying up mountains and then diving down. She misses the feeling of the wind against her scales greatly. But this is just her life now.

I did both anyway.

@Kakaru_of_DOOM https://dragcave.net/view/MTZbU Describe that dragon! I'm thinking that he is a chef. He works at a bakery, where he spends a lot of his time baking sweet confections and pastries for others, as well as gifting them to his friends. His small size actually makes cooking easier, as he doesn't need to worry about knocking things over or breaking anything.

One of the oldest Red-Tailed Wyrms in the Mahajanapadas, Sulbasutras has begun to rely less on her eyesight and quick wits to sustain herself, and more on her wisdom and intelligence. She soon discovered humans were keen to listen to her teachings and would reward her accordingly. 
She has always had an obsession with mathematics, physics and geometry. In her younger days, she would quickly calculate the best angle and momentum for swooping up an unsuspecting prey, or spend days contemplating the exact shape and gradient most suitable for the snest he wanted to carve out of a cliff side. In her old age, Sulbasutras relays her knowledge to humans and dragons alike, teaching practical application as well as the underlying higher principles of her favorite exact sciences.

https://dragcave.net/view/2QJwV @subwoofer Describe that dragon! They use their psychic abilities to lure people on a futile quest for a non-existent mythical object. It started as a sport between the two heads to see how long they could string someone along, but over the centuries hundreds of humans and dragons have joined the quest without ever having been under the Geminae's influence.

Edited by Mirhana

"Oh, but surely you've heard about the shining grail."
"No, I haven't, actually."
And that's where the game began for this dragon. Mischievously, they'd compete between their two heads. The question was always about how long one could play the other human or dragon for a fool, convincing them of tall tales about how to find this shining grail using their psychic abilities. Many beings have fallen to their trap, searching for months, years, decades. Word of the mysterious object spread quickly, and it became largely coveted. "It's made of gold, you know, and encrusted with dozens of beautiful gemstones." Such whispers would spread all over the land, without the Geminae even lifting a claw. Some dragons wanted it for their hoards, other humans wanted it for selling. No matter the reason, as time went on, more and more people joined the hunt for it.
It's a shame that none have found that it doesn't exist at all.

@Mirhana Sorry for the fast reply, but I've been sitting on this one for a while. https://dragcave.net/view/9kTgO Describe that dragon! She loves letters. Writing letters, reading letters, all of it. Because of this, she works as a mail delivery dragon. By night, after she's done hunting, she'll fly around the area and deliver any deposited mail. She also hoards special kinds of paper and parchment, though it often goes unused as she doesn't want to tarnish it. 

https://dragcave.net/view/TV5eO - describe that dragon!

He has a rivalry with my fleshcrowne, https://dragcave.net/view/R0KUI (whom I'm about to go describe). The two are both into promoting plays, perhaps creating magical recordings of the stage. Tivo Boy's technique is more Tivo-like (remember, anything more complicated than medieval technology should be substituted with magic. That being said, anything can be created with enough magic, and I have video games to prove it.)

Roaring For My Love works in Cheerylocks's kitchen, using his dainty paws to sculpt marzipan or ice petit fors while Cheerylock takes care of mixing, kneading, and baking. The tiny sweetling can often be seen weaving among cupcakes with a bin of sprinkles, stopping to decorate each one. Unlike Cheerylocks herself, who has a hard time maintaining her spirits without a holiday in her sights, Roaring is always perky, sometimes singing to the snow angel from atop a bin of flour to cheer her up. He loves sneaking treats to his friends. He sometimes does skits at the Nworset Theatre, where everyone mistakes him for Fleurier. The two are both sweetlings with Peter Pan Syndrome, little more than pink dots to even the first rows of the audience. 

There was one time where a mouse got into the kitchen. Roaring tried to chase it out, but Cheerylocks lunged at it, sending the batter she had been mixing up flying. Roaring got quite literally bowled over.

Here is the fixed version, since I noticed two typos while pasting the description over here.

Stuff between Niharia and Dakari at the front of my scroll and after L0iRe in the back is undescribed, plus-or-minus a few stray descriptions I've lost track of. (I'm keeping this note handy in case anyone forgets or someone new drops in.)

When a pandemic swept the land, the post service was desperately looking for new staff, even offering to hire dragons instead of humans. Posta was quick to jump at the opportunity, negotiating free postage for all her mail instead of a salary. The post office in Finloch may have slightly underestimated how much mail a dragon - and this one in particular - actually sends. No backtracking on deals with dragons, though. Too many teeth.
Posta loves letters. Writing letters, reading letters, all of it. She is obsessed with sending colorful pictures of the local scenery to people all over Valkemare, and is the number 1 customer of the book shop in Finloch with all the paper and parchment she buys. Not even because she actually uses it, no. Where other dragons hoard gold, Posta hoards writing paper. Thick quality paper, centuries old parchment, fanciful designs and perfumed notes, she has a stash of everything in her cave. Untarnished by use, safe and treasured, but slightly dusty.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/BLzVQ @Kakaru_of_DOOM Describe that dragon! She has flown up so high that she experienced the 'overview effect' (link to Wikipedia).

I have a Description to do list with undescribed dragons, but any dragons without a description is eligible! (You have roughly a 10% chance that a dragon has already been described, they're scattered all over my scroll).

Edited by Mirhana

Tivo Boy is a very busy (and rather successful) dragon. He spends much of his time flying all over the land in search of theaters. Once he encounters one, he'll come down and ask the owner if they are interested in his service. 
His service is that he has his assistants, dragons with strong magic, record and broadcast whichever plays take place at the theater, using their powers so that anyone using an enchanted transparent slab can watch. The theater owners pay him for showing the plays to a much wider audience. He also gives them a fair amount of money in return. The way he can do this is that anyone who buys his slabs must send in gold monthly so that they can continue to watch the plays whenever and wherever they please. They can even replay the shows at a later date.
He has a one-up on his competitor, R0KUI, in that he makes enough money that he has no need to let other services advertise their wares. As such, the plays are very rarely interrupted, much to the glee of the viewers.

https://dragcave.net/view/d0d2V @MirhanaDescribe that dragon! Nocturnes give me a strong... "Night in the Museum" vibe so that's what I went for here. I came up with 2 ideas.

1. She is a sort of "security camera" at a museum. During the day, she's frozen as a "statue", but she watches, without moving, everything that happens. She makes sure that it's safe and if any vandals come along, she's able to recount what they looked like and what they did. She probably has a very good memory. The problem with this one is that I don't know if Nocturnes are actually conscious during the day, so I came up with a second idea.

2. In the evening, she works as a museum tour guide! Her energetic nature means that she can keep up with the kids who come in, and being a frozen hatchling means that she can't break things as easily as a big dragon would. She loves to recount the origin of all of the objects, often not even needing to see the boards explaining them.

I was worried about if museums were too modern to be included, but it turns out that museums have been around for at least a thousand years, so...

Aw, is this thread still around? Fond memories.

@subwoofer Mouse Clicks - Describe that dragon!

Does this dragon have an affinity with mice? Alternatively, does she have a mouse-like nature and a fondness for making clicking noises?

I don't think I have any pending descriptions, given that I haven't written one in (eep) four years.

Edit:

Eight Birbs:

There was a prophecy. The exact details aren't important anymore; it came and went the way all prophecies do. But there was a prophecy, and one of the signs was eight birds, all in a row. One day, a young Ember dragon, still wingless and vulpine, saw the famed eight birds and ran to share the news. Being a hatchling, the little dragon's growls still had a baby lisp. He has been known as Eight Birbs ever since.

Edited by Danne

Ooh, this looks fun. I will have a go!

Eight Birbs - Describe that dragon! @Danne

"Eight birbs is an Ember dragon that was named after the fact that, one day, he managed to find eight birds in his local area, which exicted him to such a level which was unthinkable for an Ember dragon that he jumped with elation and joy. Considering that this was a lot of birds for this Ember dragon to see, this was truly a rare and special occurance for him. However, this did not go down well with the less-socialable Embers, where the festive display of avian jubilation caused them to revile with triumph, leading the poor Ember dragon to recieve the rather lukewarm title of 'Eight Birbs.'"

I haven't described a dragon in the time I have been here so I hope this one was okay. 😅 Lemme know what you think!

@lovecats99 I think you're supposed to pick a dragon and the original poster writes the description, not you writing a description for said dragon. OP mentioned suggestions/guidelines were allowed if the poster above was taking suggestions.

Speaking of which, uh - A Weapon To Surpass Metal Gear: Describe that dragon!

It is said, if you go to the mountains and look for the valleys where the Omen Wyrms lie, you may catch a glimpse of white feathers and black wings. If you have the courage, and the persistence too, you might just be able to chase the feathered beast down. No one's sure what will happen when you manage to do so, though. Reports vary wildly, from those who claim they barely escaped the ravenous jaws of a skeletal nightmare to those who say they braved its fearsome appearance and were rewarded when it led them to its hoard. However, those who set out in search of the creature don't seem to care which of the tales are true. After all, simply being able to claim you caught the cryptid of the alpines is achievement enough to boast.

Cornix himself thinks it's a very funny game. He's not sure what he'll do when someone finally manages to catch up to him, but he's pretty sure he can think of something. He does wonder if he looks that terrifying, though. He might be descended from Black Marrows, but he doesn't look anything like them!

May get edited later, currently very rough draft.

Uh, and as for me, I don't have any pending descriptions.

Please don't pick any dragons in the name holding group though! Those names are obviously on the wrong dragons. Anything else is fair game. 

Suggestions are fine, although I might not use them.

Edited by aegagrusScholarship

1 hour ago, aegagrusScholarship said:

@lovecats99 I think you're supposed to pick a dragon and the original poster writes the description, not you writing a description for said dragon. OP mentioned suggestions/guidelines were allowed if the poster above was taking suggestions.

@aegagrusScholarship You are correct. I shall definitely give Eight Birbs a description, though!

And, to keep the thread moving -- Cornix Cryptid - Describe that dragon!

Cornix sounds Cornish to me, so perhaps a Celtic cryptid type theme? Clearly, this dragon is very rarely seen, and some might not even believe he exists!

For me, Eight Birbs will be pending a description, anything else is (that doesn't have a description, natch) is fair game. Open to suggestions!

Edited by Danne

Oh okay. Thanks for making things clearer, Danne and aegagrus. :)

I'm thinking since Metal Gear is a Sweetling, and pretty much amongst the least violent dragons out there, I could make a spin on making the 'weapon' happiness, love or some form of abstract positivity. Or, I could utilise Sweetling's 'inquisitive nature' and make a story upon how this Sweetling in particular found a 'weapon to surpass metal gear'!

Zouko - Describe that dragon! 

Considering its code is also Zouko, you could tie this dragon's description into it's birth/origins. Maybe it was destined to become something? :) (since Xols are avid magic users.)