wildwindflower

Do you describe your drags

Do you describe your dragons  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't tend to describe my dragons because I always have writer's block. I did name all my dragons though.

I would never know how, or with what, to describe my dragons. I do try and keep them all named.

I've described about 90 dragons - of my 1700+. This is going to take a while! biggrin.gif

Where is the "I'm so obsessed with describing/reviewing that I want to correct the *i* in the poll" button ? blink.gif

Current count 580/1499

Edited because my Beloved Dimar is as always right - I tend to forget punctuation before emoticons in forum/chat posts. BAD me.

Edited by herk

I have one described, and it will likely remain the only one. The only reason I described him is because I was pressured into it. wink.gif

It matches one of Herk's; they have a tragic romance thing going on.

Where is the "I'm so obsessed with describing/reviewing that I want to correct the *i*  in the poll" button  blink.gif

I'm right there with you. But now I want to add a question mark to your post. wink.gif

Edited by Dimar

Yes, but for some reason, my vamp's description has been sitting there for months. I had all accepts until then ONE random !@#@#%!@#!@#!@#! .....person, rejected it.

So I pushed it through again.

-.-

~Charm

A mod's opinion is the only final word. I've had descriptions with a few rejects approved and descriptions with nothing but approvals rejected. Don't let some random troll convince you to go back to the start of the waiting line, just ignore it (and you can PM a mod if you want your descriptions approved faster smile.gif)

I describe all of my dragons. 1634/1664 done so far.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I don't describe my dragons and I doubt I ever will. It takes me a long time to name a dragon, let alone describe it. I'd probably be sat staring at a blank description for days. Plus, I don't think I have that good a grasp of what dragons think like.

I'm a writer and a storyteller with a higher emphasis on characters than any sort of plot or theme, so I love describing my babies. As soon as I name them, they take on a unique personality in my mind, and I find it enjoyable to flesh that out in the description. Unfortunately, I don't have as much time as I would like for the project, so I've only described a few dozen out of my 1200-ish dragons. alot.png

A mod's opinion is the only final word. I've had descriptions with a few rejects approved and descriptions with nothing but approvals rejected. Don't let some random troll convince you to go back to the start of the waiting line, just ignore it (and you can PM a mod if you want your descriptions approve faster smile.gif)

I often see the "random rejecter" and always ignore them too, since the other feedback is usually pretty nice. Even a "Mod Reject" is not the end of it, since you can PM a mod if you have good reasons to support the rejected description.

As for

I describe all of my dragons. 1634/1664 done so far.

that's impressive! smile.gif But I feel so far behind. I think I only have maybe 50 out of 2494 non-growing dragons. blink.gif You've done well!

I describe a few of my dragons - mostly those whose names are references, as any reviewer will tell you - but I'm not interested in describing them all. I just find it marvellously fun and enjoyable making references in my descriptions; cunningly inserting lyrics into the descriptions of dragons who are named after songs, and trying to get the personality of characters across in a way that fits into Dragon Cave, is my favourite hobby!

I describe when the Muse hits me. But with 1800+ dragons, I don't always have the time.

I'm making good progress - since my last update I had a couple of big batches approved and once the 100+ currently in the queue get approved I'm definitely above 1000 descriptions. More than halfway there biggrin.gif

I describe mine when I get around to it. Only have a few described currently

I wasn't quite sure about describing them until recently. Now I think it's fun and a great way to help form a foundation for a story that I'd like to write for my dragons.

It may take a while, but I would love to post the story here once I've finished it. you can already get sneak peeks of it when my descriptions get approved. It's slow-going, but I enjoy writing them. happy.gif

The only one's I think I'll have trouble with are the dragons with weird names, like my "2 Outs with a Third at Bat" Which I named because of his code: (Outs2) And the guy on the radio was talking about baseball at the time, so I went with it. xd.png

I don't describe my dragons because I'm far too unimaginative to think of any decent story to go along with them.

I am trying to get descriptions for all of my dragons, but I want to make sure it sounds just right to me. Since I consider the name part of it, this is also keeping me from taking the "If it has a face, it has a name" oath. But I feel every dragon deserves some story of some sort...Eventually. unsure.gif

I've been writing descriptions but haven't actually added them to my dragons yet. I want to wait till all the primary "families" are complete and I've figured out how they all relate to each other. I like internal consistency. wink.gif

If I get an idea for one I have to write it but most of my dragons are undescribed. I had an idea for a paper dragon that was waiting around for months til I got one