wildwindflower

Do you describe your drags

Do you describe your dragons  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I describe ones that are important to me. I want them to have great unique descriptions. So there is no way I am ever going to describe them all. 600+ would be a daunting task. Plus they would really start getting generic if I did that many, and I like my descriptions to be unique. It's usually my video game dragons or my holidays that get described, or ones that inspire random stories. (Like i had to come up with a cool story for a hellfire with the code styx). I use descriptions as a creative release, they're a lot of fun, when I have ideas.

I describe the first one of each kind... I've been neglecting my duty, so I'm working on it again.

I try to describe them all. But as I don't want them to have "uninspired" descriptions, I am not done yet. I also stopped a while ago because people gave rejections without even bothering to let me know why - which is a bit frustrating.

I made a description for one of my dragons. Well that's more then a month past and still "awaiting moderation" - waiting so long to have the description accepted really takes the fun out of it for me.

Geez , I have a hard enough time with naming, descriptions would be too much like work. A game is supposed to be fun ,right tongue.gif

I used to. I ran out of inspiration/will to make each one different from the others in the space provided while keeping them in canon. I have not written a description in a very long time and am unlikely to pick it back up.

Every last single dragon on my scroll has a des or a des pending. The moment I name a dragon, it's personality floats into my mind and I call it as I see it. Most of them arent too bad. I write a lot and love it. You can definitely (with an I, not an A) tell my newest ones from the older ones though. I've had my scroll like maybe three years now and in that time I've grown astronomically as a writer, so the further along the dragon is on my page, the more complex its relationships and personality become. Heck I even had one who thinks he's a bat...its accepted too.

I'd love to give some of my dragons descriptions, but the whole 'pending approval' thing sounds quite daunting! I'll just dawdle in the background and read other people's stuff for now. Sadly, don't see descriptions too often.

There isn't an option up there like, "I describe a few of them." Which is what I do. rolleyes.gif

The only dragons I described, actually, were my three that were lost to the Datamonster who were returned to my scroll. I didn't use Datamonster in their names, but wanted to remember who they were, so, description. smile.gif

i just describe a few. I've been having writers block recently, so i haven't described one in a while, but one egg that i just got I'm planning to make the mate of my first dragon, so he has to have a description. my favorite description i've made is my pydmy dragon, Dawnstep. It was about how much she liked music, and its really cute smile.gif .

I usually describe my dragons sometimes.

LIke, I made my dragon scroll have a hierarchy. So I gave the important members a description tongue.gif

i want to describe them, but my first one hasnt even been moderated yet and its been several months

no im not exaggerating, even check the date of birth and add a couple days for adulthood, thats how long ive been waiting

i dont know, i might not bother if the description arent even gonna be accepted (or unaccepted)

Edited by LostSoulGenesis

i want to describe them, but my first one hasnt even been moderated yet and its been several months

no im not exaggerating, even check the date of birth and add a couple days for adulthood, thats how long ive been waiting

i dont know, i might not bother if the description arent even gonna be accepted (or unaccepted)

Descriptions can take a very long time to get approved, but if you PM a description mod, they'll usually take a look at it for you.

The poll is missing an "other" option. I write joke descriptions for frozen hatchlings, but not adults (with the exception of chicken).

I intend to, and most of my older dragons do have descriptions, it just sort of does'nt happen all the often. I can imagine there personalities and quirks in my head but words escape me when I try to put them down... plus the amount of time it would take to give a description to my remaining dragons... Aye aye aye.

I really like to name my dragons, but descriptions not really. I have no idea what to write plus if I describe one, I want to describe them all.

I've written descriptions for some of my dragons, but I haven't gotten round to them all yet.

I never describe them, I have too many. I'm going for the 500+ dragon trophy. lol.