Completely Different

Doctor Who

"Matt Smith returns as the oldest time-traveller in the universe.

The Time Lord, Amy and Rory are kidnapped by their oldest foe the Daleks and forced on a seemingly impossible mission - to enter the Asylum, a planetary prison confining the most terrifying and insane of the deadly aliens' kind.

They need an escape route, and fast - but with an army of mad Daleks closing in, and the Ponds' relationship in meltdown, it is up to the Doctor to save not only their lives but his friends' marriage.

Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill co-star."

I'm so looking forward to the new season *-*

I don't think the silence arc will be finished there, but I believe we will encounter a nice bunch of hints while watching this season. smile.gif

Have y'all seen the music video to the song "Doctorin' the Tardis" by The Timelords? It's hilarious~ I would post a link buttt I'm posting from my phone so I can't unsure.gif

I'm so looking forward to the new season *-*

I don't think the silence arc will be finished there, but I believe we will encounter a nice bunch of hints while watching this season. smile.gif

Moffat's a big fan of extended story arcs. I quite like it actually, it's nice to have more continuity between seasons.

user posted image

nopenopenopenopenope.gif

Less than a week now asdfghjkl. Everyone seen the longer trailer?

ohmy.gif

That really does!

The silence, arnt they the aliens from area 51? tongue.gif

Edited by pinkieseb

Please tell me you have all been watching Pond Life?!

Part One:

Part Two:

Part Three:

omg that second one.

I am now really curious about the incident that necessitated that rule.

ooh, pond life part 3 is out?

I love how their reaction suggests he's walked in on them more than once before xd.png

seriusly, the doctor better not kill percy.

did I explain the percy story to you guys?

EDIT: OOD on the loo...

Edited by dracocharky

Recently, on another message board, a topic was about doctor who. I was curious. I watched an episode. And I fell in love.

You can watch Doctor Who on Project Free TV, or search Doctor who online on Google. You can find pretty much all of them!

I have never seen Doctor Who but it has been recommended to me by most of my friends so I'm hoping I can slowly watch everything from the beginning.

I have never seen Doctor Who but it has been recommended to me by most of my friends so I'm hoping I can slowly watch everything from the beginning.

Which beginning, old black and white or with Christopher E-last-name-I-can't-spell?

Which beginning, old black and white or with Christopher E-last-name-I-can't-spell?

as far back as i can go and find online Lol

The Doctor finally changed the lightbulb on the TARDIS!

as far back as i can go and find online Lol

Fair warning, the first episodes are very different from the new seasons, and they're much slower paced. Many people have an easier time getting into Doctor Who if they start with Christopher Eccleston, the ninth doctor.

I might just do both and see which one I can take longer

start at the first and the 9th simultaneously

Spoilers:

Wow. Loved it.

So, first off; the new companion is in that episode?! Talk about keeping that one under  wraps. So, Amerylis and I were originally thinking she may be one of Jenny's regenerations - after all, who else could be clever enough to hack the Daleks - but her 'intelligence' is explained away by the fact that she's a Dalek. But then again...she's a genius, regardless. So, who is she? Made all the more interesting by the fact that he never saw her face.

Next: the Daleks no longer know who the Doctor is. A very dangerous decision for Moffat to play...but then again, it keeps in line with the Doctor trying to disappear from time and history, to no longer be obvious. And equally, what if that is the whole point of Trenzalor? What if the question isn't so much what the Doctor's name, but who he actually is - and among that is the fact he is the dreaded enemy of the most dangerous empire known to Time, who forces them to commit atrocity after atrocity? I don't feel that is the sole answer, but it is an answer.

On the other hand...the Daleks are the iconic enemy of the Doctor. To make them forget all about him? Very risky move, but there are plenty of ways around it. And it does mean that any future Dalek episodes can come without the stigmatism of the Doctor being their sworn opponents for ever and ever.

And I am glad that, in among saving the Daleks and avoiding the insane ones, the Doctor found time to fix the Ponds' relationship and drop them off home.

Edited by Kestra15

Wow. Loved it.

originally thinking she may be one of Jenny's regenerations

Next: the Daleks no longer know who the Doctor is. A very dangerous decision for Moffat to play

And I am glad that, in among saving the Daleks and avoiding the insane ones, the Doctor found time to fix the Ponds' relationship and drop them off home

These things.

also, Mr M seems to be a fan of his messed-up-timeline story arcs.

I watched a stream and just.

Happy screaming (internally).

So I loved this new girl, though I'm still very confused about her. Hoping they don't do like River with wibbly-wobbly timelines, but I doubt they'd try that again.

I kind of want to shake everyone saying "oh that was a stupid reason for a divorce" because it shows a failure to understand Amy.

And then at the end I was just like "HA, THEY SAID IT, IT'S THE THING AGAIN. DOC-TOR-WHO." Now I'm waiting for a Cybermen episode.

I kind of want to shake everyone saying "oh that was a stupid reason for a divorce" because it shows a failure to understand Amy.

Speaking as someone from a similar position...it's a completely legitimate, common reason for a relationship to break apart. I know it stresses my relationship with Amerylis.

Wowowowow wait, the new season started? After the big band 2?!?!?

WHAT CHANNEL!?!!!?!!

Its on foxtel isnt it!!

censorkip.gif YOU FOXTEELLLLLL!!!

;P

At last, Dr. Who worth watching!

In mine and hubs' humble opinion, we were really disappointed about the direction it was going in (consider we're both 55 and watched it from the beginning) and stopped watching.

Then, when we knew the Daleks were coming back - well, we couldn't see anything messing those up! As hubs put it after watching, that's how it should be, a story with a beginning, a middle and an end.

I see the Angels are going to be in one of the specials. I'm looking forward to that, I though those were scary.

When I think back to the sixties, with giant maggots on the loose and people being 'seaweedised' and the Ice Warriors - they don't make them like that anymore! wink.gif

My! I didn't know there was a Dr. Who thread!

I absolutely LOVED the first episode this season. Shame that the girl who thought she was human but was really a Dalek had to be blown up, though.

Does Benedict Cumberbatch act in Doctor Who?

I watched Asylum of the Daleks.

I was so disappointed and underwhelmed that it wasn't even funny. Moffat still doesn't know how to write good female characters and there were so many blatant PLOT HOLES and questions that needed answering but weren't even touched.

Spoilers in the quote.

Amy and Rory's relationship problems were fixed way too fast after what was supposedly a long period of dissension between them. It took them ONE short conversation to fix their marriage troubles? And we weren't even introduced to their marriage troubles long enough to really care about what was going on.

Rory saying "I love you more" was completely passive-aggressive and self-centered and made him sound like he was trying to guilt-trip Amy. It's not a contest.

Even if Amy was physically unable to have kids, why haven't she and Rory discussed adoption if Rory wanted kids that much??

How was Oswin able to make her own voice be heard over the speakers? Why was she locked up in the first place if the whole reason the Daleks captured her was to use her genius?

And if all the Daleks are locked in the time war, WHY THE HECK IS THE DALEK PARLIAMENT OUT AND ABOUT NOW?! Where did they all come from?!

On top of that, I was very angry when all the memories of the Doctor were erased from the Dalek's 'collective hive mind'. For one thing, I refuse to believe that anything as smart as a Dalek wouldn't have some form of memory backup to prevent that from happening. For another, Moffat just took fifty years of conflict between the Doctor and the Daleks and FLUSHED it down the toilet. It felt like a giant insult to all of the previous writers of the show who have put so much effort into fleshing out the relationship between Doctor and Daleks.

Oh, and Moffat also failed to even show the audience how the Daleks in the asylum were any more insane than the Daleks outside the asylum. So points off for him for that too.

Last gripe about the episode for this post: The part where the Doctor carried Amy into the room and Rory said, "Who killed the Daleks?" and the Doctor said, "Who do you think?"

That whole bit in the trailer was leading the audience to think that AMY actually pulled something cool and impressive to kill the Daleks, but NOPE! She just passed out and the Doctor did his thing as per usual. That was a really big let-down considering I already see Amy as being kind of useless. The trailer played that scene up for serious drama and then it just.....flopped. Like a dead fish.

Moffat's already done some things with the show that I'm not happy about. One example is having the Doctor call Amy 'Legs'. I can't even IMAGINE the Ninth or Tenth Doctor speaking like that. They respect women too much to do that. Moffat is turning the Doctor into his own mouthpiece. Matt Smith is a marvelous actor and his performance is one of the only things that is saving the show for me, but I'm getting sick of Moffat's poor writing and his wish-fulfillment characters (Like River Song).

Moffat did some marvelous things back when he was only a co-writer. He wrote "The Empty Child"/"The Doctor Dances" and "Blink". Those were great episodes. But as soon as he became the head writer, things...changed. And I'm not happy with it.