Completely Different

Doctor Who

So ... the reason Amy was pregnant but not pregnant is that she was pregnant but she wasn't actually there she just thought she was because she was using a Ganger?

And that weird lady was there because she was where Amy really is and that intruded on what she was seeing through her Ganger?

Is that what happened?

Oh, and btw, two Doctors!!! laugh.gif

I'm figuring the Tardis was getting mixed signals from amy's ganger and amy so the Tardis couldn't figure out if she was actually pregnant.

I also think you're spot on with the weird lady.

The doctor sure likes getting cloned doesn't he tongue.gif

Huh. I didn't see THAT one coming. This season is starting to be my favorite! biggrin.gif I can't wait for the next episode, I want to see Amy's little baby!

The weird lady is scaring me half to death >.< q.q

-avoids reading posts for fear of spoilers-

I'm up to The Lodger now... I was about halfway through when my friend's laptop overheated, so now I'm waiting for it to load again... I also got my friend interested in DW last night. We watched the first few episodes of Eccleston's run (we're up to Dalek), and we ended up staying up until after 3AM. x3 It was kind of weird seeing Eccleston and Rose again, since I'm so much farther ahead now, but it was fun... I'm hoping my friend will end up liking DW enough to cosplay it with me...

LOL PUBLIC MENACE:

Master: "Ooh you public menace!"

You got that one so right :3

"The Doctor is the universe's most famous homeless person."

That one made me laugh.

OMG, I thought about exactly the same things while I watched Doctor Who xd.png Except, maybe, wearing the same outfit. He definitely isn't a good example to follow...

I watched the new episode. Awesome as always laugh.gif

This arc reminded me about the film "The Island" I don't know why, there are also clones which are used by people, but they don't share memories. The sad part of these plots was a bit similar.

Edited by Neuko

Well, Saturday's - err - final episode is supposed to be a shocker with all the answers...think we've been there before but the trailer does look good...

Incidentally, Two of the scariest storylines for me: The Angels, although I've mentioned that before, and The Silence. Imagine if we were surrounded/living with aliens that we forgot about once we didn't see them...

Kind of reminds me of the film 'The Fourth Kind'. Very good, if there's anyone left who hasn't seen it.

I will literally be biting my nails off. nuuuWho is turning into the horror genre. x.x

Hey, who turned out the lights!

Edited by DarkEternity

Annoyingly I'm on duty 3pm - 3am Saturday, and the g/f is in church Sunday morning. I will be unable to use the Internet until about 1pm Sunday, simply because I don't want *any* spoilers.

Whatever you do, don't go onto the BBC website for Doctor Who. It has a MASSIVE spoiler covering about 1/4 of the page. /facepalms

The following are spoilers for Episode Seven.

Sadly, I'm disappointed by that conclusion.

Individually, all the elements were good. I liked the Doctor's reaction to who River is. I liked Rory and Amy being reunited. I like the Doctor's plan, and that bit where he got angry at the Colonel was eerie. I like how they're setting up for the Gamma Forest.

But altogether? I'd long ago got Melody Pond = River Song (and it nicely half-explains about 'the only water in the forest is the river'), and I was a bit disappointed that River was Amy's daughter, as that makes their whole relationship a little...off.

And as pointed out, there's all these inconsistencies. River must know all about the Silence & that makes the whole of the first two-parter a mess of time-line inconsistencies. There's Amy being replaced...no, they should have said that was between Pt 1 and Pt 2, not before America completely.

And finally..."Let's Kill Hitler." Really? That's beyond dangerous.

Edited by Kestra15

... damn it, why must I always be right?

Well, I know we're talking time travel, but it's still mind-boggling.

At first I thought she was the Doctor's mother.

But to quote hubs, it was all very far-fetched and technical - and if adults sit there wondering what the heck's happening, what chance have kids got?

It's not far-fetched; quite the opposite, it was the obvious answer. The difficulty is only the amount of ret-con and explaining that would have to be done.

It sounds all suspiciously fanfic-like. No it's not mind boggling, but it must be sadly the most cliched thing...

I bet we've only got half the story though wink.gif

Edited by DarkEternity

We'll have to agree to disagree.

We were quite well into the episode when we asked each other what the heck it was all about.

Yes, it settled down, but it wasn't originally easy to follow.

You can't beat the William Hartnell days!

Spoilers below. I guess you could call them spoilers. I don't know

Soo, what is this Gamma forest you guys speak of?

And I actually don't understand the whole, " the only water in the forest is the river." I really don't get it.

When he got mad at the Colonel, I knew he was furious. You could tell that he really wanted to kill the guy. And I still don't understand the correlation between River, the Silence, the Gangers, and the Creepy eye patch lady.

Spoilers below. I guess you could call them spoilers. I don't know

Soo, what is this Gamma forest you guys speak of?

And I actually don't understand the whole, " the only water in the forest is the river." I really don't get it.

When he got mad at the Colonel, I knew he was furious.  You could tell that he really wanted to kill the guy. And I still don't understand the correlation between River, the Silence, the Gangers, and the Creepy eye patch lady.

This is my understanding of it;

The woman who gave her the leaf was from the forest. Amys last name is Pond, but because "the only water in the forest is the river" they dont have a word for pond so they called her river. And I guess its the same deal for Melodies first name so it turns in "River Song"

Its all just a very complicated way of telling us River Song is actually Amys and Rorys baby Melody Pond

Was anyone else completely blown away by that last episode of the season?

I've read a few comments that say it was cliche and I was in shock

Really?

I can understand feeling a bit like it was a fanfiction. But really? This is Doctor Who. Anyone who's watched it for a while can tell you that it's filled with cliche, plotholes, and to be honest a little bit silly. As somone who's watched a good chunk of the old episodes I can say it's what gives the show it's charm. Yeah you can pick it apart, but really where's the fun in that?

I thought that episode was brilliant. The only complaint I really have is the waiting for four months to figure out what in the hell is going on.

Are Nocturne Dragons at all based on weeping angels? Or am I just going crazy. Judging by the fact that I'm going to build a TARDIS this summer, I'm probably just crazy...

any tips on how to get my thoroughly non-nerdy friend to like Doctor Who? Or to even give it a chance?

any tips on how to get my thoroughly non-nerdy friend to like Doctor Who? Or to even give it a chance?

Blink. Silence in the Library.

Blink. Silence in the Library.

I don't believe she cares much for scary...might be wrong, though... (really, the only reason we're friends is because we've known each other all our lives and we can be ourselves with each other...otherwise, we're pretty much nothing alike...)

I plan on making her and my ex watch all of Captain Jack's episodes, though. I just think John Barrowman's bloody wonderful... My ex has seen a couple Who episodes already, though, and she liked them, so that's awesome, and both of my male friends like it now, so...soon, hopefully, we'll be a Whovian group and fun times shall be had by all...

I'm adding Blink and Silence in the Library to the itinerary, though, because my ex loves scary stuff, so that's right up her alley. Ooh, and The Impossible Astronaut...watched that in the middle of the night (with all the lights off...)and kept screaming because the Silence were terrifying...