Completely Different

Doctor Who

I say 'Silence in the Library' because it was what got me into Dr Who, realising it actually had action and adventure these days.

any tips on how to get my thoroughly non-nerdy friend to like Doctor Who? Or to even give it a chance?

Maybe choose an episode with a plot element that your friend might like?

If they like comedy choose a humorous episode (maybe Partners in Crime?). If they like history, literature, or art maybe go for Unquiet Dead, Fires of Pompeii, Unicorn and the Wasp, Vincent and the Doctor. If they like stuff about human nature maybe Midnight, Beast Below or Hungry Earth/Cold Blood?

Eleventh Hour is also a good choice for a starting episode. That's how I got my (nerdy) friends into the series. I feel like it gives a good mix of everything (funny, serious, that creepy corner-of-your-eye stuff)

Sorry if I write too much tongue.gif

SPOILERS FOR LAST EPISODE OF THIS HALF OF THE SEASON (and probably a few others):

River Song was totally the astronaut who killed him in the Silence episode. She killed a man? She's Amy's daughter, and the little girl who also regenerated was probably Amy's daughter... it all adds up when you think about it. And I think the Doctor that died MIGHT be a flesh, but that's more of a mad theory.

Edited by LotusCalm

Now that I've rewatched the episode, I am a bit more positive towards it. Still not 100%, because of all the inconsistencies and plot holes that have been left to fill up, but now I'm (almost) over the disappointment I did enjoy it more.

But I am still not itching to see the next half of the season, which to me is the keen factor. At the end of episode six I was so, so anxious to see episode seven. Now, I can easily manage the wait.

Doctor Who thread................. ohmy.gif

Dibs!!! I love Doctor Who! David Tennant is the best Doctor...

I have no idea what my favorite episode is... There are too many good ones...

It's probably Rory. It's always Rory.

But really, I don't want to even guess so far ahead of time. I'm sure there will be some massive plot twist, but that's about all I could say. Or maybe it will be a completely straightforward episode, now that would be surprising.

Are Nocturne Dragons at all based on weeping angels? Or am I just going crazy. Judging by the fact that I'm going to build a TARDIS this summer, I'm probably just crazy...

No, I think they're based on gargoyles :0

No, I think they're based on gargoyles :0

Then again, Weeping Angels are based on the same idea as gargoyles etc - that a statue can move and come to life, but only when you're not looking.

Finally got to see the last episode of the season on BBCAmerica. I really enjoyed it. smile.gif

Then again, Weeping Angels are based on the same idea as gargoyles etc - that a statue can move and come to life, but only when you're not looking.

Yep. That's what makes them so creepy >.<

Then again, I love them so much :3

Edited by DarkEternity

don't know if anyone said this but

Voice of Rainbow's George and Zippy - as well as Doctor Who's foes the Daleks - dies

My Webpage

Yep. That's what makes them so creepy >.<

Then again, I love them so much :3

Yup. Its supposed to freak you out but I love them none the less.

Did the first season with Matt Smith seem a little shorter then the ones with David?

I started watching it not too long ago, with the 9th Doc... and I fell in love with him wub.gif I am slowly getting used to Tennant now, but I miss Eccleston terribly.

I have only watched the first episode of season five.

"Hello. I'm the doctor. So basically. Run."

And also: "This shed is 12 years old. You've been living here for twelve years. Why did you say six months?"

"THEN WHY DID YOU SAY FIVE MINUTES?"

"..WHAT."

He is a Boss.

I see... Like a boss?

The eleventh doctor is cool. He's like... crazy, though. O______________O

And the Tenth doctor's facial expressions are very funny. xd.png

I have only watched the first episode of season five.

"Hello. I'm the doctor. So basically. Run."

And also: "This shed is 12 years old. You've been living here for twelve years. Why did you say six months?"

"THEN WHY DID YOU SAY FIVE MINUTES?"

"..WHAT."

I love those parts.

The part where he says "Hello. I'm the doctor. So basically. Run." is what made me decide Matt was meant for the role!

I still have to say David is my favorite though, Matt is close behind. rolleyes.gif

I see... Like a boss?

The eleventh doctor is cool. He's like... crazy, though. O______________O

And the Tenth doctor's facial expressions are very funny. xd.png

Yeah, I will give Tennant that xd.png Ecclestone and Baker make have had the 'huge, manic grin' down, but Tennant had a fantastic array of facial emotion, it's a joy to watch.

Still, Smith for the win biggrin.gif

He's dead

Damn, wasn't meant to say that one xd.png

Still, Smith for the win biggrin.gif

+Rhea