Completely Different

Doctor Who

Amy's pregnant. Women don't just randomly get pregnant by going onboard the TARDIS.

Noooo, but women can and do get pregnant after being married for a couple months.

See, when a rather crazy Scottish girl and a stupidhead love each other very much...

Amy's pregnant. Women don't just randomly get pregnant by going onboard the TARDIS. Plus there's the kid. And the Doctor already HAS a mother who's been 'lost for so long'.

And how also does my speculation directly equate to spoiling the show for everyone else as you have so kindly pointed out for me?

Are you accusing ME of posting the entire first two episodes on a forum on the Internet somewhere? Sorry, but I'm actually not so lucky to get a private screening before the release. I draw only on existing information that has been provided by the 'boss'.

How is it actually feasible to reveal plot lines if the said plot lines haven't even been released yet? Being psychic? I don't live in the BBC and all the episodes here are released one week after screenings elsewhere. And certainly then there was the BBC website which had dismissed the fan rumour that the Master was returning... right before he returned /of/ course. Burning /his/ body is so remiscent of this episode.

But then again, the less speculation there is the better. I assume you're telling me to shut it. Thanks.

Did Rory slip your mind? As Dr.Pain pointed out they've been married for awhile. It's entirely feasible that Rory is the father.

Amy's pregnant. Women don't just randomly get pregnant by going onboard the TARDIS. Plus there's the kid. And the Doctor already HAS a mother who's been 'lost for so long'.

And how also does my speculation directly equate to spoiling the show for everyone else as you have so kindly pointed out for me?

Are you accusing ME of posting the entire first two episodes on a forum on the Internet somewhere? Sorry, but I'm actually not so lucky to get a private screening before the release. I draw only on existing information that has been provided by the 'boss'.

How is it actually feasible to reveal plot lines if the said plot lines haven't even been released yet? Being psychic? I don't live in the BBC and all the episodes here are released one week after screenings elsewhere. And certainly then there was the BBC website which had dismissed the fan rumour that the Master was returning... right before he returned /of/ course. Burning /his/ body is so remiscent of this episode.

But then again, the less speculation there is the better. I assume you're telling me to shut it. Thanks.

No, sorry, that's a misunderstanding! My g/f showed me the article just after I made that post, so rather than double-post I put it on the end of the last post. I didn't mean to infere that you were spoiling the show, because what we're doing here is what I do in RL with my g/f and my friends all the time.

And of course Amy's not randomly pregnant - she got married.

I'm a fairly new fan of the show, as I only started watching it about a year ago. I'm all caught up but waiting for the new episodes to come out is torture.

Doctor: Eccleston, Tennant and Smith are all so great in their own way of exploring the character that I have trouble choosing. But I really like Matt Smith's mix of darkness and humor and can't wait to see more of it.

Companion: Top favorites are Jack Harkness, Donna, Rory and River. Hopefully Rory will stop dying/almost dying and get some more character development. And I can't wait to learn more about River, the time-travel in opposite directions is fascinating.

Favorite Episodes: Boom Town, Partners in Crime, Midnight, Pandorica Opens/Big Bang

Episodes I hid behind my bf: Empty Child/Doctor Dances, Blink, Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead, Time of Angels (aka almost anything by Stephen Moffat tongue.gif)

The new season is amazing. Not sure what to think about Amy being maybe-pregnant and some mini-time lord wandering around though. The last three didn't scare me too much so this Saturday's episode will probably terrify me ;D.

^ I showed my ex GF Empty Child and Doctor Dances. I get the feeling she didn't like it, but didn't want to upset me or something tongue.gif

I made my BF a fan of the show by calling him in to watch the spooky episodes with me, now we watch the new episodes together with other friends who are fans. They all tease me for being a chicken biggrin.gif

I was pleasantly disappointed by Mr Gaiman - it wasn't scary, but it was certainly funny, touching, brilliant and sad all at the same time. Certainly my favourite episode this season and surely in my personal Top Five.

I liked being able to see more inside Tardis than just the control room. Are there any older episodes that show more of the Tardis or was this the first "hallway tour"?

I've got... Day of the moon, The black Spot, and The Doctor's Wife loading now, i really need to catch up xd.png Portal and ponies be keeping me away from the Doctor.

I liked being able to see more inside Tardis than just the control room. Are there any older episodes that show more of the Tardis or was this the first "hallway tour"?

If you have a peek at the confidential it shows you old school who where you saw endless corridors and the sick bay smile.gif x

I think River is the girl, hence her repeating, "I'm about to do something very horrible.", as she killed him in a space suit.

No, she's not. Otherwise why is River shooting herself? Why is the whole Silents timeline unfamiliar to her?

River is not the littler girl.

I thought it was Amy that shot the girl. wacko.gif

Anyway, been a "Who" fan all my life, despite being born in the gap. Man, it was torture being the only child Whovian in my school.

During my childhood I didn't have a lot of episodes to go on because we didn't have Sky. However, one of my papas (grandfather) did, and would send us the occasional video. Most of the videos we have were Peter Davison, with a couple of Tom Bakers and one very finicky (it took half an hour to get the tracking right) Jon Pertwee story.

Out of them, Tom Baker was my favourite growing up. However, now that there are these new-fangled things like the internet and DVDs, and because Doctor Who has grown in popularity, I have seen a lot more of the Doctor, and I have to say I think they all did terrific jobs. It's hard to pin down my favourite.

Right at the moment though, I think it has to be Troughton. When I saw "Tomb of the Cybermen" (excelent, btw) my appreciation of him went up considerably.

I thought it was Amy that shot the girl. wacko.gif

Amy did shoot the Astronaut. But when the Doctor got shot River unloaded her pistol into it.

Ah, I remember now. At the end of the first episode I wondered if River had been in the astronaut suit when the Doctor was killed, but by the end of the second episode I didn't think so any more.

I wonder who that little girl is. It looks like Amy's her mother, but I'm keeping my mind open. There was some speculation a while back that the Rani might return, but I've always wondered if Romana might come back. Of course the Time Lords might have conscripted her for the War, but what if they didn't know where to find her? She could be living somewhere out in space and the Doctor just come across her. Or one of those epic plot conspiracies that the writers seem to be brilliant at nowadays. wink.gif

If you have a peek at the confidential it shows you old school who where you saw endless corridors and the sick bay smile.gif x

I love watching the confidentials. I'll go look for the one about the Tardis, thanks!

I liked that about the old episodes, that you would see random rooms and places in the TARDIS.

I'm so tired, though, of visually dark episodes. Does no one in the lighting department realize they're giving me headaches to the point that I didn't even watch today's episode, only half-listened to it?

No, sorry, that's a misunderstanding! My g/f showed me the article just after I made that post, so rather than double-post I put it on the end of the last post. I didn't mean to infere that you were spoiling the show, because what we're doing here is what I do in RL with my g/f and my friends all the time.

And of course Amy's not randomly pregnant - she got married.

blink.gif

What was I thin-king.... Anyway that post just made a lot more sense o.O;

I was wondering how River = Amy, incest (Doctor making out with his ... eh mother?) actually related to that....

Not a fan of Rory. He's like the maiden constantly in distress

Lagie: I think it's related to the fans will want to bite of their fingernails by the end of it department of Horror. wink.gif

I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT THE RANDOM BED COMMENT >.> Q.Q SO THAT WAS WHEN they did it... maybe.

Eye Patch Lady. I was too afraid to look at the screen in case she appeared randomly. Some people think she's acting as Madame Kovarian or maybe that's her name. It has Rani in it? xd.png

'The only water in the forest is the River' Spooky comment.... The Forest of the Dead was originally called "River's Run". "Silence in the Library" was written by Moffat q.Q

I'm finally watching The Doctor's Wife, and... you know, I read on the Steam forums about how you can draw parallels between House and GLaDOS.

... I can see it.

Loving Idris, by the way, she's fantastic.

ETA: So... this, Doomsday, Vincent and the Doctor, and The Big Bang. Nice job on making me cry, writers.

Edited by Dr. Paine

I still have to wait until tomorrow to see this latest episode, coz the g/f won't let me watch it tonight. She's revising *sigh*

Finally got around to watching the 5th season. I have to say, a lot of the stuff is getting predictable. In The Pandorica Opens bit, they didn't even have to get past where they said it was a prison for the most feared blah blah blah before I was rolling my eyes and saying. "Doctor, it's for you."

And now back into hiding until Netflix gets the 6th season.

I agree, Idris is :3 :3 I bet all the Doctor/Song shippers were annoyed!

The Pandorica opens was quite corny xd.png

(it gets better :3)

Edited by DarkEternity

What...

I have no idea what happened with that plot twist, but I loved it.

So ... the reason Amy was pregnant but not pregnant is that she was pregnant but she wasn't actually there she just thought she was because she was using a Ganger?

And that weird lady was there because she was where Amy really is and that intruded on what she was seeing through her Ganger?

Is that what happened?

Oh, and btw, two Doctors!!! laugh.gif