Completely Different

Doctor Who

LOL YES.

That theme music is so badass xd.png

Edited by DarkEternity

I've only just started watching Doctor Who, thanks to actually taking an interest in it from DCF (mostly from Dr. Paine. x3).

The first episode I saw was Silence in the Library, which creeped the heck out of me. x3; I've lately just taken to recording any re-runs of Tennant's episodes. So far I've seen Blink, Army of Ghosts, Rise of the Cybermen, Daleks in Manhattan, and part of one other episode. I loved them all. I'm going to try to watch the episodes all in order sometime...

Admittedly, I don't know much about Doctor Who so far... Don't have much of an opinion on the companions.

Tennant's the only Doctor I've been exposed to so far, minus watching a few minutes of an episode with the 11th Doctor, and I really like him.

I also loove the intro music for the 10th Doctor. <3

I definitely plan to watch more.

I can't believe the next episode is called 'Let's Kill Hitler'. Isn't it a little... provocative? :s

Well, lets just see what happens. : P

Ok, why is River wearing a freakin eye patch. Is she going to become that "evil" lady??

Doctor Who is addicting Switch. Welcome aboard! biggrin.gif

(If you need links to the series, let me know)

She's going to be... she's going to be...

wait WHAT?! Could she have kidnapped herself o.O';;;

'Scuse the offtopic, but...

Have you seen the clips from Fright Night yet? With Tennant in leather? *leaves trail of drool on her way to youtube to watch it for the gazillionth time* hot hot hooooot! wink.gif

Ah here's the link just in case you want to watch it too tongue.gif

Have you seen the clips from Fright Night yet? With Tennant in leather? *leaves trail of drool on her way to youtube to watch it for the gazillionth time* hot hot hooooot! wink.gif

Looks interesting. I may well watch that. I was annoyed when he took off the beard and the wig etc.

Does anybody here listen to Chameleon Circuit?

Have you seen the clips from Fright Night yet? With Tennant in leather? *leaves trail of drool on her way to youtube to watch it for the gazillionth time* hot hot hooooot!  wink.gif

Ah here's the link just in case you want to watch it too  tongue.gif

Not interested unless Amy appears in leather. Or nothing.

Yes, I listen to 'Chameleon Circuit.' But only a couple of their songs.

Unreleased scene between 'The Eleventh hour' and 'The Beast Below:' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaOPe4emP9Y

Unreleased scene between 'Flesh and Stone' and 'The Vampires of Venice:'

Edited by Kestra15

Saw the preview for Fright Night at the cinemas earlier this summer. I turned to my younger sibling and said something along the lines of:

"Was that David Tennant? Oh God I think it was. What do you think?"

Sadly he responded with "How the hell should I know" and "Stop talking the movie will be on soon." Not much of a Doctor Who fan I'm afraid, such a crime tongue.gif

Does Doctor Who even show in America? I've been looking for it everywhere.. It is increasingly painful looking up episodes on Youtube or Netflix. I just watched the first episode of Doctor Who today!!!

Edited by Skypool

Does Doctor Who even show in America? I've been looking for it everywhere.. It is increasingly painful looking up episodes on Youtube or Netflix.

I watch it on BBCAmerica.

Thanks!

Your welcome.

Currently, weekdays at 5:00 and 6:00 PM EST, BBCAmerica is showing repeats of Tennant episodes.

Edited by rubyshoes

Okay. Does it occasionally show some from Season 1? Today I just watched Part 1 & 2 of the Unearthly Child on Youtube, but couldn't find the rest of it. And on Netflix, I could only find recent seasons of Doctor Who.

Okay. Does it occasionally show some from Season 1? Today I just watched Part 1 & 2 of the Unearthly Child on Youtube, but couldn't find the rest of it. And on Netflix, I could only find recent seasons of Doctor Who.

They tend to go through all the previous seasons - but only the "newer" seasons. (usually in order). They don't show the "older" shows. They actually finished showing the Eccleston Doctor Who season just a while ago.

Thanks for the link. I had seen shorter clips, but not complete scenes.

And could somebody recommend me some old episodes to watch? Maybe some that are like "The Doctor Dances" or "The Unicorn and the Wasp", where there are several funny lines?

I've heard that theory a couple of times xd.png It would be pretty epic if Moffat is into reviving the older characters, but I think it would be more likely if Kovarian was the Rani (unless Song decided to kidnap herself LOL)

So, 'Let's Kill Hitler' is due to air in America in the next fortnight, Australia in early September - and yet the BBC has yet to announce a British date? I would be offended if the Americans got Dr Who before us - same time is fine, but for a British program to be shown in the USA before the UK? Sorry, that just doesn't strike me as being right. Personally, I would prefer it all went out on the same day so we could all enjoy it at once ;~)

Either way, tomorrow the BBC will release a Prequel to said episode (which makes me think it'll be shown in a fortnight alongside the American release, as Prequels usually come out one/two weeks in advance), so time to start speculating.

Let's Kill Hitler' is airing Aug. 27th in Britain, isn't it?

I'm soooooo excited! I've started a countdown on my facebook. Anyways...

Fav. Episode: The Doctor's Wife and A Good Man goes to War.

Fav. Companion: Amy Pond

Fav. Doctor: Matt Smith

Let's Kill Hitler prequel.

This is from the BBC Website itself:

"The rules have changed, and the game is deadlier than ever. Out in the universe, where the earthly rules of time and space do not apply, Amy and Rory know only too well that their baby daughter needs them. For Melody Pond is destined to become River Song, mysterious archaeologist and convicted murderer - the woman who killed the best man she ever knew...

"The Doctor leads Amy and Rory across centuries and galaxies in a desperate search for baby Melody, but a terrible and inescapable date looms large. At 5.02pm on 22nd April 2011, the Doctor will die. These are his last days, and the quest for Melody his final mission.

"The search will result in a crash landing in Thirties Berlin and will bring them face to face with the greatest war criminal of all time. And Hitler. Old friendships will be tested to their limits as the Doctor suffers the ultimate betrayal and learns a harsh lesson in the cruellest warfare of all.

"A distress call from a terrified little boy will break through all barriers of time and space and lead the Doctor to visit the scariest place in the Universe. George's bedroom. George is terrorised by every fear you can possibly imagine. Fears that live in his bedroom cupboard. His parents are desperate - George needs a doctor. But allaying George's fears won't be easy. Because the monsters in George's cupboard are real.

"An unscheduled visit to a quarantine facility for victims of an alien plague - a plague that will kill the Doctor in a day - leaves Amy trapped. Alone, Rory must find Amy and bring her back to the TARDIS before the faceless doctors kill her with kindness. But Rory is about to encounter a very different side to his wife. "In an impossible hotel, the Doctor, Amy and Rory find themselves checked-in but unable to check out. Walls move, corridors twist, rooms vanish and death lies in wait for every visitor. But the Doctor's time has yet to come. He has one last stop to make on his final journey. His old friend, Craig Owens, desperately needs his help - a new and unfamiliar presence is wreaking havoc in Colchester. And then come the Cybermen. But time catches up with us all and the Doctor can delay no more.

"By the shores of Lake Silencio, in Utah, all of time and space hang in the balance. And a NASA astronaut is waiting..."

Edited by Kestra15

Ohhh sounds like Hotel California: "you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave" tongue.gif

August 27th on BBCAmerica. Thanks for the updates, Kestra!