Completely Different

Doctor Who

Sadly, yes.

Aww, shucks.

I miss stand-alone episodes.

I really really like this week's episode and the special that followed it as well.

user posted image

/hides from conversation

Cool ! :3

I misunderstood things. I thought it was a bank holiday special and we'd have all the answers - we need a crying smilie!

So how it ended - I'm now convinced that River is married to the Doctor!

I just watched the first episode of the new season and half of the new one.

While watching the new one, I was hiding behind a doorway and hugging a pillow.

/wuss

Watched the 2nd episode on Saturday. I found it strange that Dr Song, being an excellent shooter, missed all the time in the 1st episode and brought a very old weapon with her. But I'm not confident if she missed or not, camera was showing only her hands. Her cool weapon in the 2nd episode, and the things above make me still think that she was the one who killed the Doctor. Or maybe it's that little girl in future. In my opinion the reason of this kill is probably connected with her.

Waiting for the 3rd episode :3

More a case that she probably hit the spaceman, but it didn't affect it. Remember, the suit is fitted to be armoured *and* self-repairing, as well as an in-built life support system.

I misunderstood things. I thought it was a bank holiday special and we'd have all the answers - we need a crying smilie!

So how it ended - I'm now convinced that River is married to the Doctor!

Here you go, quinney!

user posted image

I'm fairly certain of that guess, too, quinney.

Too much science for my poor wee brain in that blog, Rhea, but looks interesting.

I'm rewatching The End of Time on DVD this evening.

I really really like this week's episode and the special that followed it as well.

What special? Yes I'm late but I beed to ask.

This weeks episode. O.O The girl... Die... She... Za?

What special? Yes I'm late but I beed to ask.

This weeks episode. O.O The girl... Die... She... Za?

It was called Doctor Who in America (if my history search is correct) and was shown on BBCAmerica after Saturdays regular new episode.

Oh. Of course.

She knows she's going to die...

Yeah. It makes perfect sense. I'm still in shock about what happened AFTER she said she was going to die. O.o

I'm talking about River Song.

You know, if that's a young River or something, I'm going to be disappointed.

... though, if her 'death' in Silence in the Library is a final death, I'll be happy. The Doctor should be the only Time Lord left in canon, damn it.

You know, if that's a young River or something, I'm going to be disappointed.

... though, if her 'death' in Silence in the Library is a final death, I'll be happy. The Doctor should be the only Time Lord left in canon, damn it.

Oh no, River Song is human. No doubt about that.

What I mean is that kiss. Remember what River said - the Doctor's past is her future, that everything for them is back-to-front.

If that kiss is the Doctor's first kiss with River Song, then (by virtue of their lives being mirrored), that means it'll be River Song's last kiss with the Doctor.

Which is, quite frankly, heart-breaking.

River now knows from here on that when she encounters the Doctor he's going to be even more distant, even more cold, less the man she loves and more a stranger. And I agree with her when she states that it would kill her - it would certainly kill me if I kissed my girlfriend knowing that it'll be the last kiss we ever share.

As for the little girl? I currently have three theories, but each has it's own fallacies:

i) Amy's daughter. She's in the photo with the kiddie, her unborn child is in flux, and since she's travelling in the TARDIS who knows what could leak? Remember that regeneration is *technology,* and was not originally part of Time Lord natural make-up but rather introduced into them. And we all saw what happened when a human absorbed the Heart of the TARDIS. Imagine what kind of leaky side-effects there could be?

The only reason I'd argue against it is that the child has already directly become part of the established chain of events, so why is it still in flux? Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

ii) River & Doctor's kid. I personally don't see why they shouldn't have a half-Time Lord child. But surely River would have mentioned or hinted something by now?

iii) Jenny. But the main argument is that the child seems very much like a child in mentality, whereas Jenny came built in with a sense of maturity. And we're not entirely certain if Jenny is fully Time-Lord enough to regenerate - her rebirth could simply have been as a result of the Breath.

I refuse to believe the child is a young River Song, that River Song is Amy's child, or that the child is perhaps Donna Noble or (heaven forbid) Rose. I am especially fed up of people who try to bring Rose back.

Oh no, River Song is human. No doubt about that.

What I mean is that kiss. Remember what River said - the Doctor's past is her future, that everything for them is back-to-front.

If that kiss is the Doctor's first kiss with River Song, then (by virtue of their lives being mirrored), that means it'll be River Song's last kiss with the Doctor.

Which is, quite frankly, heart-breaking.

River now knows from here on that when she encounters the Doctor he's going to be even more distant, even more cold, less the man she loves and more a stranger. And I agree with her when she states that it would kill her - it would certainly kill me if I kissed my girlfriend knowing that it'll be the last kiss we ever share.

As for the little girl? I currently have three theories, but each has it's own fallacies:

i) Amy's daughter. She's in the photo with the kiddie, her unborn child is in flux, and since she's travelling in the TARDIS who knows what could leak? Remember that regeneration is *technology,* and was not originally part of Time Lord natural make-up but rather introduced into them. And we all saw what happened when a human absorbed the Heart of the TARDIS. Imagine what kind of leaky side-effects there could be?

The only reason I'd argue against it is that the child has already directly become part of the established chain of events, so why is it still in flux? Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

ii) River & Doctor's kid. I personally don't see why they shouldn't have a half-Time Lord child. But surely River would have mentioned or hinted something by now?

iii) Jenny. But the main argument is that the child seems very much like a child in mentality, whereas Jenny came built in with a sense of maturity. And we're not entirely certain if Jenny is fully Time-Lord enough to regenerate - her rebirth could simply have been as a result of the Breath.

I refuse to believe the child is a young River Song, that River Song is Amy's child, or that the child is perhaps Donna Noble or (heaven forbid) Rose. I am especially fed up of people who try to bring Rose back.

Oooooh, okay, I see. And I completely agree, poor River... Time travel can be cruel >:

And I agree- while I enjoyed Rose's time on the show, she is gone. She should stay gone. That's it.

As to the theories on the kid... -shrug- I need to re-watch both episodes, but they sound as good as any theory.

I finally got to see the 2 part episodes and am really looking foward to next week's episode, especially since this season is more of a proper season, rather than a few specials.

People are saying its a young Rose? Gahhhhhhhh...WHY?

I personally get too confused by the wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff, and I don't get that her last kiss with the doctor is his first.. etc etc.

I think I'll go watch silence in the library again.

That makes sense to.

As for your theories on the girl I think all of them are equally plausible. When you mentioned the mentality of the girl and jenny being different I immediately compared this Doctor with Doctor 1. As far as I know they act completely different. So it's in the realm of possibility jenny gained a more child mentality in her regeneration. Pure speculation of course. I do agree with everything you said.

I don't see how it could be Jenny because Jenny was a young woman when she was 'made'

I would love for Jenny to come back, she was so awesome in that short time we'd seen her

I don't see how it could be Jenny because Jenny was a young woman when she was 'made'

I would love for Jenny to come back, she was so awesome in that short time we'd seen her

True but the first doctor was an old man when we saw him. Of course that was the first doctor and now we're at incarnation 11 but my point stands.

The Doctor has changed a lot from his first face to now's.

------------------------------

I find it odd the girl knew of the regeneration. Unless she went through it before I can't see how she could know. The time lords are supposed to be all but extinct. The Doctor and Jenny should be the last time lords. There's also The Master(?) I guess. (Good ole time travel. Never know if you'll run into someone you already killed.)

Given Jenny is a Moffat creation, I'm sure she'll be back.

True but the first doctor was an old man when we saw him. Of course that was the first doctor and now we're at incarnation 11 but my point stands.

The Doctor has changed a lot from his first face to now's.

------------------------------

I find it odd the girl knew of the regeneration. Unless she went through it before I can't see how she could know. The time lords are supposed to be all but extinct. The Doctor and Jenny should be the last time lords. There's also The Master(?) I guess. (Good ole time travel. Never know if you'll run into someone you already killed.)

The Doctor wasn't that old, it was just the past regeneration that we saw her. Doctor number 10 was the one they took the DNA from. Are we talking about two different Jennys?

And for some reason I was sure that Moffett didn't write the Doctor's Daughter, oh well.

And... I got the impression that she had done it before, that she knew that it was okay to die. Because she wouldn't. And, I found it interesting that she didn't need to be near the TARDIS to regenerate.