Completely Different

Doctor Who

Smith, I think, got the most interesting personality for the Doctor. He's intelligent, gets stuff that everybody else misses, is very epic when he's angry (<3), and very eccentric.

I didn't really watch the others, but even if I do, I'm sure to like this one the best, still.

... what's that mean? -derp-

Rhea = An extremely large number.

Ah, right, I remember now biggrin.gif

Anyway, in Whovian news... my friend's up to Series 4, and will hopefully be through series 5 by the end of July. I need to re-watch that and 6 myself xd.png Or at least, get through the current episodes of series 6 before it picks up again, I've barely watched any of it.

I'm still a Davies Who fan by far. I like this series but it lacks a lot of epicness that Tennant and Eccleston's episodes had. sad.gif

Anyone heard the rumor that DW season 7 is going to be shown over 2 years because they want to work on Sherlock?? *is mad*

Isn't a Rhea a large flightless bird?

Anybody see the Doctor Who confidential? They're quite interesting, I presume. I saw the 'The Time of Angels' one.

It is that as well, and also an anagram of 'epic.'

We usually watch the Confidentials straight after the episodes, as they are very interesting.

Anyone heard the rumor that DW season 7 is going to be shown over 2 years because they want to work on Sherlock?? *is mad*

No one has heard this I guess???

Don't dis Sherlock. Sherlock is utterly awesome tongue.gif But whatever they're going to delay, however small a time period, because of Sherlock. Probably not over two years though o.O;;;

No. Source please, as I don't believe they'd do that so close to the Series 4.5 specials. Matt Smith and Dr Who in general is on too much of a high.

It's true. I don't know about the reasoning, but they have announced that Doctor Who will not be returning for a full series in 2012. Source

Edited by Zareni

No. Source please, as I don't believe they'd do that so close to the Series 4.5 specials. Matt Smith and Dr Who in general is on too much of a high.

My British friend heard the announcement and told me about it.

Zareni beat me to the source. xd.png

I am not dissing Sherlock, I am just a bit annoyed.

Me too. Actually I'm annoyed that:

1) They left it on a cliffhanger (Sherlock and DW)

2) They're delaying two of my favourite shows.

Also, I named a vamp hatchy rather aptly Kovarian. Because that's exactly what she's going to be... DEAD.

AND NOOOOOOOOOO!

Then they're fools to delay it, unless they're going to be doing slightly extended episodes or something like the Specials for 2009.

Partially I think they're fools simply because this new incarnation of Who is pure win and there should be more, not less.

Edited by Kestra15

Haha! Awesome!!!

Stink it! The scene where the Doctor was talking about "all the lovely buttons" on a cell phone is no longer on youtube. dry.gif

This will be my 1,500th post! happy.gifbiggrin.gif

Just have one thing to say: I prefer David Tennant as the doctor, not entirely sure why but I prefer him over Smith. Although, I do prefer Smiths green screwdriver, complete with little tongs.

Just have one thing to say: I prefer David Tennant as the doctor, not entirely sure why but I prefer him over Smith. Although, I do prefer Smiths green screwdriver, complete with little tongs.

Of those two, I do prefer Tennant but my all time favorite is still Tom Baker.

Baker was pretty cool, he comes in about 3rd, just behind William Hartnell ((I believe he was played by something like Rick Hurntall in the move the five doctors.)) Tennant first as previously stated.

I prefer Tennant too :3

Gr... seems Wisevid is gone, there goes most of how I can watch episodes. But another one of the hosts seems to work fine for me, so yay biggrin.gif

My friend's either going to finish, or has watched, the last two episodes of Tennant's run, she's going to start on Smith's sometime soon. I'm really interested to see how it goes, since she's had similar reactions to me xd.png Nervous about Ten because Nine was great, now nervous about Eleven... hopefully the writing will help ease the transition.

I have stumbled upon the Doctor Who thread yay!!!! -jumps joyously-

Hello, fellow Whovians. ^^

As for which Doctor is my favorite? I'd have to say Tennant. Yes, I'm one of those fan girls. rolleyes.gif But in close second is Tom Baker. :3

Oooh, a Doctor Who thread. =D

I just recently finished watching all the five seasons of the newer Doctor Who that're currently available on Netflix. Unfortunately my family doesn't get BBC, so I can't watch any of season 6 until it comes out on DVD. But that's okay; it's worth waiting for.

Favorite Doctor... I haven't seen any of the older Doctors, so out of Eccleston, Tennant, and Smith, I'd have to say David Tennant was my favorite. I love his huge range of facial expressions (one of my FB flair boards is full of them xd.png) and the brilliant randomness he displayed throughout his stay on the show. But I'm also liking Matt Smith a lot too, now that I've watched a full season of him as the Doctor. I love the way he interacts with Amy and Rory.

I think my two favorite episodes are Blink and Turn Left. Love the weeping angels!

LOL, I just watched the first episode of season two, Rose, I think, and I laughed so hard.

"Oh, did I mention it could travel through time?" *crazy grin of Eccleston*

Rose and Amy are complete opposites.

Rose: "Oh, we're just travelling in space and visiting planets? I guess I don't want to come with you after all."

Amy: "YOU promised me a planet. Five minutes?"

Doctor: "*sigh* All right."

Amy: YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

See the difference xd.png?