Completely Different

Doctor Who

Oh! sad.gif I hadn't realized that. I haven't seen the last series in full yet.

Tom Baker's tribute.

Thanks for the link, Lagie. I didn't realize my favorite Doctor had a newsletter. The tribute was lovely.

>: I had no idea...

I only saw her a few times (School Reunion, Genesis of the Daleks, and.. something in series 4), but I quite enjoyed her in them.

May she rest in peace.

She would have been in the final of Series 4, with Mr Smith.

Miss Smith, we need you. And miss you.

After watching her episodes on Doctor Who, and the Saran Jane Smith adventures, I can say that she was one of my favorite people on the show, her and K9. The news hit me pretty hard, and so close to the start of the next doctor who season too

On a somewhat more positive note, who's looking forward to the new series premiere on Saturday? *raises hand* I know I am! (In the UK, there will be a tribute to Elisabeth Sladen before the epsiode.)

I'm looking forward to the new season and BBCAmerica is having a Doctor Who marathon on Saturday all day (maybe I'll finally get used to Matt Smith).

Liz was such a great role model! She continued to be an action heroine from her early days with the Dr and as a mature woman on her own.

Lagie you are so lucky to have met her.

We hare having a potluck get together this Sat at my house for the new season. I'm hoping that some one can bring some of the older DW with SJS in it to show before hand.

Edited by ginevra

On a somewhat more positive note, who's looking forward to the new series premiere on Saturday? *raises hand* I know I am! (In the UK, there will be a tribute to Elisabeth Sladen before the epsiode.)

It's after, apparently. Either way, we're watching both.

I'm in America, but I can not wait for the new season!! Apparently its a two-parter though. I can not wait to get some answers!!

Chances are you'll simply end up with even more questions...

Starts in 2min!

Later: Wow. Just...wow.

Edited by Kestra15

So... the horse in The Pandorica Opens... Is that Arthur the Horse from The Girl in the Fireplace?

BBCAmerica countdown: 3 hours 8 minutes and some seconds!

Once you've watched the first episode, check out the BBC website for extras and for prequels to part II: http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/news/bul...possible_Extras!

Not sure about the horse Lagie...would have to watch again and see. But I'm certain that horse from "The Girl in the Fireplace" was from - and stayed - in France.

Spoilers in white below:

So, who noticed that the date on the invites was Friday?

The President mentioned he had been plagued by phonecalls for about two weeks - and I believe it was two weeks ago that the prequel in which the President receives a phonecall was released. So two very nice tie-ins there.

Why is the TARDIS from 'The Lodger' featured, and is it connected? And who or what is that astronaut, that it's the person the Doctor turns to, to carry out the deed?

Edited by Kestra15

For anyone in the US that has Comcast Cable, but doesn't have BBC America...

If your cable package is at least the 'Digital Starter Tier' The new episode (The Impossible Astronaut) is available for Free in the On Demand section. (All of Season 5 is there too)

I also wanted to mention:

You can find links to all the Lis Sladen/Sarah Jane Tributes and Remembrances @ SonicLipstick

And here's a Sarah Jane Smith computer wallpaper I made (in multiple sizes, including widescreen) Wallpaper Here

Chances are you'll simply end up with even more questions...

Lol, I second this

What the heck just happened? I wanted some of my questions to be answered, and now I have a whole bunch more :/

And its a two parter too....

Gosh, I hate and love this show. My biggest question is now why is there a little girl in an astronauts suit, and why does she kill the doctor later.

I was so scared that he was actually going to regenerate, and we'd have no more Matt Smith as the Doctor.

And yeah, I've been wondering about that TARDIS from the Lodger too. I always though that it was actually part of a bigger plot, and it may turn out that I was right... hmm

I think it's going to be River Song who's in the suit and kills the doctor. Not figured out how yet though...

No. That would be too senseless a twist.

The thing we have to consider is that the Astronaut is someone who the Doctor ends up trusting enough that he choses them - of all people - to permanently kill him.

But why does the Doctor make such a scene of it? Why get himself killed, only to get his younger self's attention? And I doubt that is the final incarnation of the Doctor simply because Dr Who as a series could never be ended in such a way - just in case it is once again revived, as it has been this time around.

So whatever it is, I think it's to do with the Silence. It must be the only way he can actually dodge around whatever has happened/will happen in order to stop the Silence. I doubt we'll get our answers in Pt II. Heck, I'll be surprised if we even find out in Season Six. We'll most likely only know the answer when Moffat and Smith step down off the Who soapbox.

I'm going on the fact that River says she still has to do the worst thing she ever does in her life.

Of course the Doctor isn't going to stay dead, so something has to alter the course of things. I'd say the girl in the suit is River as a child but if I'm correct, then she'd already have killed him...Hmm...

I understood we'd get some answers in the next episode.

Someone still has to die, we've been told one of the regulars is going. If it's River going to kill him, and things alter, maybe she gets killed?

Edited by quinney

Can't be River - otherwise she'd know who the Astronaut was, giving that she's *already* in prison for killing someone when the summons come. She would have recognised the time and place, the moment, and known what was coming - but notice she only runs for the Doctor after he's shot mid-regen. She knows he can regen, hence holding back Amy after the first couple of shots - only after she realises he's been killed mid-regen does she panic.

And remember she shoots the Astronaut as It returns to the water - why shoot at her past self? And why would the Doctor tempt fate so badly? He's already pushing it by inviting his past self, to invite a future version of River for her to watching her past self...no. Sorry, it doesn't carry.

Now, this is interesting:

http://s880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/um...ntsproject1.mp4

We know that the Silence have been hinted at before. I think most of this video is just people chasing geese, but the last bit with Amy in the TARDIS from 'The Lodger' does make me wonder. We've been told 'The Eleventh Hour' and 'The Lodger' are the most important and relevant, and we saw the ship/fake TARDIS from 'The Lodger,' or another of it's class, in this most recent episode.

Now, Matt said there were five things to watch out for in 'The Eleventh Hour' that are key to Series Five and beyond. The Cracks, the Silence...what were the other three? Although I think that one where Amy looks momentarily scared in the TARDIS may just be her being overwhelmed by it all...on second watching, she does look like she *could* more scared than overwhelmed, so maybe that was one of those five?

The more compelling one, however, is from 'The Lodger.' She does seemed to be scared and looking at something other than the Doctor for a moment, and given that we know the Silence can (and does) take over the TARDIS, and the Silence 'TARDIS' is seen in that episode, it could be there was a Silence in the TARDIS>

I say could. After all, if the Silence were in the TARDIS right back in 'The Eleventh Hour,' why not blow it up then?

These are just theories, and it may be us looking in far deeper than required. It could just be us now reinterpreting what we've already seen - after all, it didn't seem too odd or out of place at the time (except that bit with Amy in 'The Lodger'). However, given that Moffat hinted at the Weeping Angels two-parter right back at 'Silence In The Library,' he could indeed have planned in advance. As usual.

I think it's going to be River Song who's in the suit and kills the doctor. Not figured out how yet though...

I honestly thought the same thing. I've always thought the person she "killed" was the Doctor. I'll just have to wait and see. smile.gif

I'm obsessing over a new Doctor Who song...

There's also some speaking at the beginning (and end), but you can skip that by going straight to 0:09...

Sigh, I'm going to have to look up the transcript since it's not coming out for me for a few days ;.;

Seems that the event of the doctors death is 200 years in his future there for he has 200 years to sort it all out maybe his older self went back to ask his younger self and his companions to help him not get killed and what is this about Amy being pregnant!

in pandorica wasn't Rory turned into a robot with guns in his hands after he died by being absorbed by the crack? And how can a robot get a human pregnant? not even Data from Star Trek has that technology laugh.gif

All these things haven't been explained as yet! but come on Steven moffat we are listening... rolleyes.gif