Completely Different

Doctor Who

Gr... seems Wisevid is gone, there goes most of how I can watch episodes. But another one of the hosts seems to work fine for me, so yay biggrin.gif

I have a link that I could give you if you want. : P

I have a link that I could give you if you want. : P

Hmm? x3

I recently learned that I may be able to get four seasons worth of the show, thanks to a friend of my dad... so that should really help biggrin.gif Hopefully the specials will be on there, too. -never made it past Turn Left xd.png-

My goodness, there is a Doctor Who thread on the DC Forums!

Just wanted to say hi. I've been a quite devoted fan of the series for years, and so far the new seasons have been an utter delight. Tom Baker & David Tenant have been my favorite Doctors for a while now, but, Matt Smith has been impressing me greatly. He stepped into the role so very smoothly, so I may eventually just have three favorites.

No, she's not. Otherwise why is River shooting herself? Why is the whole Silents timeline unfamiliar to her?

River is not the littler girl.

Rubbing it in.

Hmm? x3

I recently learned that I may be able to get four seasons worth of the show, thanks to a friend of my dad... so that should really help biggrin.gif Hopefully the specials will be on there, too. -never made it past Turn Left xd.png-

I just saw this. tongue.gif

Sending you link. rolleyes.gif

My goodness, there is a Doctor Who thread on the DC Forums!

Just wanted to say hi. I've been a quite devoted fan of the series for years, and so far the new seasons have been an utter delight. Tom Baker & David Tenant have been my favorite Doctors for a while now, but, Matt Smith has been impressing me greatly. He stepped into the role so very smoothly, so I may eventually just have three favorites.

Hello! cool.gif

Tom Baker and Tennant are my favourites as well!

I'm enjoying the repeats BBCAmerica is showing of the Eccleston episodes and early Tennant. I'm sure I'll be very weepy when School Reunion is shown again on Wednesday. sad.gif

Rubbing it in.

There's actually no confirmation that River is the girl. It's deeply implied, yes, but don't rub in what isn't true. It's as annoying as those 'Chell is related to Cave and Caroline' people of the Portal fandom... -shakes head-

And quite honestly, that was just rather rude and uncalled for.

Edited by Dr. Paine

I've only seen the new series and I love them greatly. I think David Tennant's my favourite, but Matt Smith is good too, so it might just be I was more used to Tennant because he'd been around for so long.

However, I did have a special fondness fore Christopher Eccleston, but only because he looks a lot like my cousin. (Linky is a picture so you can see.)

I've only seen the new series and I love them greatly. I think David Tennant's my favourite, but Matt Smith is good too, so it might just be I was more used to Tennant because he'd been around for so long.

However, I did have a special fondness fore Christopher Eccleston, but only because he looks a lot like my cousin. (Linky is a picture so you can see.)

Tom Baker is my favorite but I do rather like Tennant and Eccleston - I wish he has done more than just 1 season.

Rubbing it in.

Fair does, if a little uncalled for and a very unwise game to play with me ;~)

As stated before, I didn't like the revelation because of the massive plot-holes that threaten to destroy Doctor Who faster than the Cracks:

- Why does she never act particularly protective or concerned over her own parents? Yes, she's used to not giving away 'Spoilers' but then again even just the odd glance or remark, like she has with every other secret.

- Why, if she's the one in the space suit shooting the Doctor, did she not realise when she went to the beach that it was the time to kill him and thus act a bit more somberly? Why did she shoot at herself? Why did she seem so shocked and surprised at a situation she knew was coming and should have dealt with emotionally a long time ago

- Why does she have no recollection of the Silence? Why does 'Day of the Moon/Impossible Astronaut' even hold without River solving it all in one go? Current theory is, like her carer in the home, River's child-mind was so completely ruined by continual exposure to the Silence that when it repaired after regen she simply lost the memories like a computer dump.

- Why did she simply accept, during 'The Pandorica Opens,' Amy's crush on the Doctor with such a pithy line? It's her own mother crushing on her boyfriend. Even for the Doctor and company that's a little twisted and should really prompt an 'ick' reaction.

To name a few.

Quite frankly, I've given up trying to figure out how River makes sense, and I'm just going to wait and see if it gets explained during the rest of the season x3

I do think the idea of regeneration/tons of exposure to the Silence messing with her memories makes the most sense. It's Doctor Who, we're lucky if we get explanations that make any sort of sense.

After reading many threads about the new season I'm a bit confused. There are many people that say that River shoots the Doctor, but we don't know if she's the one in the spacesuit, right? If River is the little girl, she gets out of the spacesuit and we never see her getting back in.

I mean, for all we know the person in the spacesuit can be the Doctor and the Doctor we see getting shot can be a Ganger.

EDIT: I don't mean to start a fight or anything; I'm just wondering if I missed anything.

Edited by Raistlin24

Quite frankly, I've given up trying to figure out how River makes sense, and I'm just going to wait and see if it gets explained during the rest of the season x3

I do think the idea of regeneration/tons of exposure to the Silence messing with her memories makes the most sense. It's Doctor Who, we're lucky if we get explanations that make any sort of sense.

It's only that the great Moffat is close to pulling this, or a series of them, to explain everything. And given up until now I have thoroughly enjoyed Dr Who to the point that it nearly tops Star Trek as my favourtiest favourite ever, I'd be sad to see that happen.

After reading many threads about the new season I'm a bit confused. There are many people that say that River shoots the Doctor, but we don't know if she's the one in the spacesuit, right? If River is the little girl, she gets out of the spacesuit and we never see her getting back in.

I mean, for all we know the person in the spacesuit can be the Doctor and the Doctor we see getting shot can be a Ganger.

EDIT: I don't mean to start a fight or anything; I'm just wondering if I missed anything.

Another option that I would be more willing to accept - although I'm a bit wary about everyone's 'The Doctor is a Ganger' simply because that would be (at least) the third time they've done it this series alone. Then again, Moffat does a lot of fake - consider 'Amy's Choice' and Auton Rory for two - and it does make sense. The Doctor manages to get everyone together to go save Earth, without loss to himself - but the thing is, would the Doctor sacrifice a Ganger, something he admits is fully alive and sentient, to pull such a stunt? Or is he (again) in a prison somewhere...

Edited by Kestra15

I've liked Doctor Who for quite some time. My Grandma used to show me the VHS videos when I was a kid, so my first Doctor was Tom Baker and his Jelly Babies.

I've been enjoying the reboot a lot, however my only problem with the new season is Amy Pond.

Personally I find her quite boring, especially when compared to Donna Noble (the "You're not mating with me, SUNSHINE" line still kills me).

It seems like most of her fans-boys only like her because she's pretty, but she doesn't really have much personality, and in some episodes I even forget she's there because of how bland her character is. Moffat is good at stories, but he's a little lacking when it comes to character development.

Otherwise it's been entertaining. Matt Smith has been doing a decent job as the Doctor so far, and it's nice to see a male companion on the show again (hasn't happened since the old series), just wish they would stop killing him, hnnnnngg.

user posted image

MOFFAT

Edited by Valexi

I haven't seen any of the old series, started with the Ninth Doctor and fell in love with Eccleston. Took me a while to get used to Tennant and ended loving him, and I saw only a couple episodes with Matt Smith. So far, so good!

About companions, I liked them all except for Donna. She was SO annoying blink.gif

You beat me to it.

Series 6, part 2 trailer!

Blink, and you'll miss it.

Awesome!! ohmy.gif

"A Impossible Astronaut will rise from the deep and strike the Time Lord Dead."

"Haven't you figured that out yet?"

That trailer is a way to torture people. xd.png

At 0:25...what on earth! River!?

You beat me to it.

'course I did. I'm the Doctor. cool.gif

-is shot-

But yeah, I really can't wait for the rest of the series, it's going to be amazing biggrin.gif ... and I agree. WTF, eyepatch River? And who did Rory punch out- Hitler? A Nazi? ... was it the Doctor again? I can't tell >.<

I can't believe the next episode is called 'Let's Kill Hitler'. Isn't it a little... provocative? :s