Completely Different

Doctor Who

Why does the first DW episode of season six have to be a continuation. rolleyes.gif *sigh*

Loved The Impossible Astronaut though, can't wait for part 2.

I was walking around downstairs tonight, it was pitch dark and then a thought entered my mind and freaked me out ...guess what I was thinking about.... (Not the dark it self, I love the dark) Weeping Angels of course!

Is there silence in the dark... unsure.gif

Hay I am still looking for the Vashta Nerada laugh.gifuser posted image Void stuff

Edited by Anniepimm

I'm obsessing over a new Doctor Who song...
There's also some speaking at the beginning (and end), but you can skip that by going straight to 0:09...

It makes a nice change when the younger generation are interested in Dr. Who. Both myself and hubs are in our fifties and both daughters think we're mad for being seasoned followers.

William Hartnell (the first Dr.) is hubs' hero.

It makes a nice change when the younger generation are interested in Dr. Who. Both myself and hubs are in our fifties and both daughters think we're mad for being seasoned followers.

William Hartnell (the first Dr.) is hubs' hero.

I'm 46 and my all time fav Doctor is the 4th, Tom Baker. smile.gif

Why does the first DW episode of season six have to be a continuation. rolleyes.gif *sigh*

Loved The Impossible Astronaut though, can't wait for part 2.

I was walking around downstairs tonight, it was pitch dark and then a thought entered my mind and freaked me out ...guess what I was thinking about.... (Not the dark it self, I love the dark) Weeping Angels of course!

Beat this, I haven't even watched the episode and I'm freaked out about the Silence. But I don't freak out about the Weeping Angels anymore. I'm doing a VCD two point perspective surrealism project and I put an Angel in. Don't blink!

I am 56 and I have been there since it started with William Hartnell..but tom Baker was my fave as well I was in love with him when I was younger wub.gif He was My doctor.

Well until David Tennant took over laugh.gif

One of the things that appeals to me is how multi-generation Doctor Who is. You've got people ranging from sixty to six who know and love the Doctor. Also, so many years of characters and stories....<3

Loved the new episode, and very much excited to see how it finishes. In particular, how they get around the Doctor's 'death', although that might not be explained until the end of the season.

Yeaah! Tennant ftw!

(is such a Ten fangirl)

Seems that the event of the doctors death is 200 years in his future there for he has 200 years to sort it all out maybe his older self went back to ask his younger self and his companions to help him not get killed and what is this about Amy being pregnant!

in pandorica wasn't Rory turned into a robot with guns in his hands after he died by being absorbed by the crack? And how can a robot get a human pregnant? not even Data from Star Trek has that technology  laugh.gif

All these things haven't been explained as yet! but come on Steven moffat we are listening... rolleyes.gif

Rory is no longer an Auton, he's human. The universe was reset and they were all put back on Earth as if the Doctor never entered their lives, so Rory never became an Auton.

Matt Smith is my Doctor. Bow ties are cool

Edited by Kestra15

Rory is no longer an Auton, he's human. The universe was reset and they were all put back on Earth as if the Doctor never entered their lives, so Rory never became an Auton.

Matt Smith is my Doctor. Bow ties are cool

Really? I don't think so. That particular time line never technically happened, but as far as Rory's concerned, I think it did. He did say "I was plastic," so Rory seems to remember what happened, and he doesn't seem comfused when referred to as 'Rory the Roman'.

Unless you mean it never happened in the same sense as The Year That Never Was and other wibbly-wobbly-ness.

It's wibbly-wobbly.

Basically, none of it ever happened and at the same time it did happen. Amy remembered the Doctor back into existence, and the moment he did everything he'd ever done (which had been wiped out) was suddenly back in the universe.

But at the same time the TARDIS never exploded so the Cracks never happened, so anything that directly was caused by the Cracks was left unaffected. Hence Amy's parents still being alive and Rory being alive - and human - again. But since Rory is a time-traveller he has that extra awareness that the Doctor was talking about on the Byzantium; Amy could remember the soldiers even after being erased from time because she had that extra-spatial awareness. Similarly Rory could *remember* being an Auton because he too is a time-traveller, but in this timeline since Amy never went off with the Doctor and thus neither did Amy, and they lived a normal life on Earth, Rory is still alive and human. Since Amy's parents never did anything other than disappear from existence one day, they had no alternate memories to assimilate, so don't know they were ever erased from time.

Rory and Amy can, however, remember everything that happened since their old and new lives merge into one, hence why they still know and trust the Doctor and are still as savvy as before, even though they've never left Earth in this new timeline until after their wedding. But they can all remember it happening and that's the important bit.

It's all very wibbly-wobbly and it makes perfect sense to me, but then again I am a huge sci-fi buff and always have been so I've grown up thinking this way!

In short; Rory never died because they never left Earth, but they can remember the alternate timeline where the Cracks in the Universe existed.

Back to Impossible Astronaut, two little things:

- Notice that the yellow bus is number 51?

- Notice the Doctor says he likes Saturdays because 'anything could happen' - Saturday of course being viewing day for Dr Who?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/apr/2...-misfits-baftas

Edited by Kestra15

Sorry for bump:

Is that the sonic screwdriver being used as a weapon?

I am 56 and I have been there since it started with William Hartnell..but tom Baker was my fave as well I was in love with him when I was younger wub.gif He was My doctor.

Well until David Tennant took over laugh.gif

I am so jealous, I would have loved to see the Hartnel and Troughton.

Tom Baker was my Doctor though I do have some memories of Pertwee.

Sorry for bump:

Is that the sonic screwdriver being used as a weapon?

At first I thought he was using the screwdriver to threaten the aliens, but after watching the trailer again I think it is being used as some kind of gun.

user posted image

... I don't know if this belongs here or in Funny Images, but even Daleks are getting ready for the royal wedding. If only it was programmed to shout 'WOULD YOU LIKE SOME TEA?'

Anyway, I still have yet to watch the new episodes x.x I'm going to be so behind...

Edited by Dr. Paine

Awesome Dalek is awesome.

My sisters and I can't wait for tomorrow althought the trailer for

of the Moon was disapointing! There were no aliens in it! Hopefully it will have aliens in it unlike last week.

Umm...there are.

A Time Girl?!

Edited by Kestra15

I believe what my brother was saying was when you look at those aliens you remember them but when you look away you forget them. Therefore when you stop watching the trailer you forget the aliens and so there were no aliens in the trailer. wink.gif

Edited by evangeline5432

Exaclty what I meant. xd.png

When is the episode over?

Over an hour ago. But for America it's not for several hours, hence putting my comment in white.

user posted image

/hides from conversation

... is that a shop? -squints-

Sadly, yes.

Damn x3

Well, we always have Dalek Jack.