Completely Different

Doctor Who

The Doctor wasn't that old, it was just the past regeneration that we saw her. Doctor number 10 was the one they took the DNA from. Are we talking about two different Jennys?

And for some reason I was sure that Moffett didn't write the Doctor's Daughter, oh well.

And... I got the impression that she had done it before, that she knew that it was okay to die. Because she wouldn't. And, I found it interesting that she didn't need to be near the TARDIS to regenerate.

Nope. Not old at all...

I know that. What does that have to do with anything? I'm comparing the old crass Doctor 1 with our overactive Doctor 11 so as to show that regeneration has caused some mental and age (In looks of course) related changes.

What makes you think we're talking about two different Jennys? How many Jennys that were created from DNA snatched from The Doctor could there possibly be? tongue.gif

I'm only saying, with the Doctor's changes during regeneration, it is possible that the same could have happened with Jenny as well. Add in the fact the little girl already knew of regeneration it is plausible she is an incarnation of Jenny.

I'm not saying she IS Jenny, but it is plausible.

-------------------

I was curious about that too. The Doctor is always around the Tardis when he regenerates... Except when he died died in the first episode this season. I don't remember seeing it.

The Doctor doesn't always have to be in the Tardis to Regenerate, the 2nd, 4th and 7th regenerations were away from the Tardis smile.gif

My favourite episode...tough question, I liked Genesis of the Daleks, and The Empty Child / Doctor Dances

My favourite companions are Leela, Tegan, Nyssa, Ace and Amy biggrin.gif

Favourite Doctor, 5th 10th and 11th biggrin.gif

The Doctor wasn't that old, it was just the past regeneration that we saw her. Doctor number 10 was the one they took the DNA from. Are we talking about two different Jennys?

And for some reason I was sure that Moffett didn't write the Doctor's Daughter, oh well.

And... I got the impression that she had done it before, that she knew that it was okay to die. Because she wouldn't. And, I found it interesting that she didn't need to be near the TARDIS to regenerate.

You don't need a TARDIS to regenerate - it helps being in or near one though.

What I mean is that the small girl acted very much like a small girl, and didn't carry the weight of knowledge that a Time Lord has. Even though Eleven is very young-looking, he does act remarkably ancient and is clearly very knowledgable about the universe.

The little girl used little-girl language. She said that it was 'okay' that she would die, because 'she can fix that.' It sounds very immature, that she knew she would be okay but not quite sure what is happening - something just *is.*

And you're right, Jenny *wasn't * Moffat's. But:

Having Jenny come back to life at the end of the episode was Steven Moffat's idea.

Nope. Not old at all...

I know that. What does that have to do with anything? I'm comparing the old crass Doctor 1 with our overactive Doctor 11 so as to show that regeneration has caused some mental and age (In looks of course) related changes.

What makes you think we're talking about two different Jennys? How many Jennys that were created from DNA snatched from The Doctor could there possibly be? tongue.gif

I'm only saying, with the Doctor's changes during regeneration, it is possible that the same could have happened with Jenny as well. Add in the fact the little girl already knew of regeneration it is plausible she is an incarnation of Jenny.

I'm not saying she IS Jenny, but it is plausible.

-------------------

I was curious about that too. The Doctor is always around the Tardis when he regenerates... Except when he died died in the first episode this season. I don't remember seeing it.

Oh, I must have been super tired when I read that other post. For some reason I thought you were saying that 11 was wayyyy older then 10, and it got me super confused.

I guess it COULD be plausible that its Jenny, I just think they would have had the girl act a little more mature. Because even if she was a little girl, she would still act maturer then she did.

And about the TARDIS and regeneration, in one of the episodes, I think its Captain Jack, says, "We have to get him back to the TARDIS." Or something along those lines. Maybe it was just because he's really vulnerable when he's regenerating, but I got the impression that he had to be at least near the TARDIS to regenerate. Like it would give him power.

Personally, I'd rather it be Jenny then River Song, or have River Song being Amy's daughter, or whatever

TARDIS helps regeneration, but not required.

Matt smith: FAVORITE then Christopher Eccleston then David Tennant. LUV all the doctors tho. New assistant is really cool. I love Scottish peeps. xd.png

I don't think I had a favourite Doctor. I liked John Pertwee for the clothes he wore and I'm sorry, but I never liked Tom Baker and Sylvester McCoy was just an embarrassment!

I was angry with Christopher Eccleston after he did just one series saying he didn't want to be typecast. I mean, how many other actors would have loved to have had that job and been proud to be typecast as the Doctor?

The older ones had staying power. I guess it's a sign of the times with lots more choices and challenges for the actors these days.

Edited by quinney

Did anybody recognize a scene straight out of the movie Coma in tonight's episode? This.

It was very dark. I kept wishing someone would turn on a light as it was hard to see details.

Having not seen 'Coma' I wouldn't have made the connection.

I did enjoy this evening's episode, and I liked how they explained what the Siren was - while it's nice to have monsters which are there to be monsters, it's also good to see that sometimes it's just a misunderstanding.

Although the Doctor has now released a group of space-pirates on an alternate dimension. And I won't make any comments on Amy's CPR skills.

I did enjoy this evening's episode, and I liked how they explained what the Siren was - while it's nice to have monsters which are there to be monsters, it's also good to see that sometimes it's just a misunderstanding.

Although the Doctor has now released a group of space-pirates on an alternate dimension. And I won't make any comments on Amy's CPR skills.

The older ones had staying power.  I guess it's a sign of the times with lots more choices and challenges for the actors these days.

Not really:

Hartnell: 3yrs

Troughton: 3yrs

Pertwee: 4yrs

Baker, T: 7yrs

Davidson: 3yrs

Baker, C: 2yrs

McCoy: 2yrs

McGann: 1 film

Ecclestone: 1yr

Tennant: 4yrs

Smith: Contracted for minimum 3yrs

So actually 3/4yrs is the average life-span of a Doctor.

Edited by Kestra15

Yep. pretty much the same misunderstanding as in The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances.

I think that the child is River Song, born from Amy with a mix of Timelord DNA. She can pilot the TARDIS so likely she was created to pilot the ship from the Lodger. She killed the 'best man she knew'; the Doctor and she's afraid that that one day 'I'll look into that man's eyes—my Doctor—and he won't have the faintest idea who I am. And I think it's going to kill me.'

I'm quite sure that isn't Jenny. Amy's pregnant, Jenny's a clone. She hasn't shown any ability to regenerate yet.

BUT if she's a timelord, why can't the Doctor sense her? What the heck?!

And the girl knew she was regenerating.... Timelords have a basic awareness I think, but they need to be told... the Silence are parasites so she might not only be part Timelord, but other things as well.

and.

D'ya think this is a spoiler OR fake?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3041653/

Edited by DarkEternity

So, how many times have they killed poor Rory?

I think that the child is River Song, born from Amy with a mix of Timelord DNA.  She can pilot the TARDIS so likely she was created to pilot the ship from the Lodger. She killed the 'best man she knew'; the Doctor and she's afraid that that one day 'I'll look into that man's eyes—my Doctor—and he won't have the faintest idea who I am. And I think it's going to kill me.'

I'm quite sure that isn't Jenny.  Amy's pregnant, Jenny's a clone. She hasn't shown any ability to regenerate yet.

BUT if she's a timelord, why can't the Doctor sense her?  What the heck?!

And the girl knew she was regenerating.... Timelords have a basic awareness I think, but they need to be told... the Silence are parasites so she might not only be part Timelord, but other things as well.

and.

D'ya think this is a spoiler OR fake?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3041653/

Jenny only regenerated at the end of the episode she was introduced but, you're right, she's shown no ability to regenerate. rolleyes.gif

If the girl is River, why doesn't River remember being the girl in the space-suit?

And why didn't River recognise/double-take when she first met Amy? Why didn't she mention her trade-mark "Spoilers" catchphrase?

Yea... the girl isn't River. It just doesn't make a whole lotta sense.

River also never regenerates, unlike the girl.

The Poison Sky was on again this afternoon on BBCAmerica. Once again, David Tennant's Doctor made me laugh with his "Are you my mummy?" line! xd.png

They do keep killing poor Rory, don't they?

From what I saw, the girl is Amelia's child which the TARDIS can't detect. And when the girl regenerates, it gave the idea: maybe the doctor used the child to regenerate.

The Poison Sky was on again this afternoon on BBCAmerica. Once again, David Tennant's Doctor made me laugh with his "Are you my mummy?" line! xd.png

They do keep killing poor Rory, don't they?

I do love that line. smile.gif I also love the episode he gets the line from. smile.gif

Poor Rory. They'll probably kill him for real now that I've actually begun to like him a little.

Jenny only regenerated at the end of the episode she was introduced but, you're right, she's shown no ability to regenerate. rolleyes.gif

The light of her regeneration was presumably greenish, therefore suggesting it was terraform related and not a regeneration.

IF the girl isn't River, than the Doctor must have been killed twice. At the time I thought it was odd that River said she'd 'killed' the best man she knew when Time Lords can regenerate. Remember that memories can be wiped, the memory of the Silence is erased. Remember that 'cracks in the universe' delete things like the stars that never existed in the first place. Remember that River said she'd killed the best man she knew, but she didn't double take at the Doctor.

'Spoilers' is a catch phrase, but she doesn't necessarily use it all the time. It neither proves nor refutes. The Doctor has had so many catchphrases, geronimo, who da man, Allons-y, etc. etc.

And how do we know that River can't regenerate? If the Doctor can't sense Amy's child and the TARDIS (which is living) can't detect the child either, than perhaps River is that girl. She doesn't have to be a full Time Lord. Perhaps she is part Silence? And the episode in which she was introduced 'Silence in the Library' hints that she was connected to all these occurences.

Someone caused those cracks in the universe. Someone created the timeloop in the TARDIS. Someone was playing games with the Doctor. And the Silence story arc is not yet finished. The Silence will return. And we will find out who Doctor Song really is and who she killed.

Also, how do we know that River Song can't regenerate? And that really odd comment that they had to burn the Doctor's body in case someone got some DNA... that's pointing right at Amy's child who's part Time Lord.

Edited by DarkEternity

Also, how do we know that River Song can't regenerate? And that really odd comment that they had to burn the Doctor's body in case someone got some DNA... that's pointing right at Amy's child who's part Time Lord.

Just taking a moment to say that the 'burn the body' comment was in no way odd. The Doctor is inhuman. If someone found the body, then there would be tests done to see who he was, and then all hell would break loose because... well, because of the strange nature of a Time Lord's body. It doesn't point at anything else.

The light of her regeneration was presumably greenish, therefore suggesting it was terraform related and not a regeneration.

Perhaps the terraform activated latent regenerative ability. Think about it. If Jenny wasn't made from The Doctor and wasn't a time lord, albeit an artificially created time lord, would the terraform REALLY have caused her to regenerate? Possibly since she died close to the time the terraform happened, but I doubt it.

IF the girl isn't River, than the Doctor must have been killed twice.  At the time I thought it was odd that River said she'd 'killed' the best man she knew when Time Lords can regenerate.  Remember that memories can be wiped, the memory of the Silence is erased.  Remember that 'cracks in the universe' delete things like the stars that never existed in the first place.  Remember that River said she'd killed the best man she knew, but she didn't double take at the Doctor.

'Spoilers' is a catch phrase, but she doesn't necessarily use it all the time.  It neither proves nor refutes.  The Doctor has had so many catchphrases, geronimo, who da man, Allons-y, etc. etc.

And how do we know that River can't regenerate?  If the Doctor can't sense Amy's child and the TARDIS (which is living) can't detect the child either, than perhaps River is that girl.  She doesn't have to be a full Time Lord.  Perhaps she is part Silence?  And the episode in which she was introduced 'Silence in the Library' hints that she was connected to all these occurences.

Someone caused those cracks in the universe.  Someone created the timeloop in the TARDIS.  Someone was playing games with the Doctor.  And the Silence story arc is not yet finished.  The Silence will return.  And we will find out who Doctor Song really is and who she killed.

Also, how do we know that River Song can't regenerate?  And that really odd comment that they had to burn the Doctor's body in case someone got some DNA... that's pointing right at Amy's child who's part Time Lord.

Jenny had normal Time Lord regeneration breath. She is Time Lord - two hearts and all - it just took a while for her regeneration to kick in. Or, as suggested above, the terraform kicked off her latent regeneration.

Who said River killed the Doctor? It's simply not feasible the Doctor is killed by River, because we're supposed to find out who it is in this Series and since Matt Smith is contracted to play the Doctor until 2013 it can't be him she kills. Also note that while the Doctor is forgiving to a point, I very much doubt even he would end up falling in love with someone who kills him.

She didn't double-take at the Doctor because she knows who he is. Why would she be surprised to see him.

As for forgetting who she is and her involvement with the Silence, even if she did forget the events of that two-parter, what about the six months in New York? What about her regeneration? Why did she still shoot at the Astronaut - she wouldn't shoot at herself after all. Why so surprised that this is the day the Doctor dies? If she remembered she would have known what was coming - and there was no Silent there to make her forget.

River uses 'Spoilers' as a warning, and she does use it at every instance where something about the future might be revealed.

It's not an odd comment - as River pointed out in the episode itself, a Time Lord's body is a miracle itself and empires would go to war to retrieve it. After all, a Time Lord's body holds the key to regeneration, and thus immortality. That would be worth going to war over.

And by the way?

Steven Moffat dismissed the fan theory that River is a future version of Amy Pond, or that she is the Doctor's mother.

Moffatt hates fans who spoil the show.

Edited by Kestra15

Amy's pregnant. Women don't just randomly get pregnant by going onboard the TARDIS. Plus there's the kid. And the Doctor already HAS a mother who's been 'lost for so long'.

And how also does my speculation directly equate to spoiling the show for everyone else as you have so kindly pointed out for me?

Are you accusing ME of posting the entire first two episodes on a forum on the Internet somewhere? Sorry, but I'm actually not so lucky to get a private screening before the release. I draw only on existing information that has been provided by the 'boss'.

How is it actually feasible to reveal plot lines if the said plot lines haven't even been released yet? Being psychic? I don't live in the BBC and all the episodes here are released one week after screenings elsewhere. And certainly then there was the BBC website which had dismissed the fan rumour that the Master was returning... right before he returned /of/ course. Burning /his/ body is so remiscent of this episode.

But then again, the less speculation there is the better. I assume you're telling me to shut it. Thanks.