wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Just a few minutes ago, I was waiting for the hourly drop. I still had 5 minutes to go, so I went to another forum to post a bit, then, I completely forgot about the drop. Nnngh.

Just bred my CB Water and CB Magi dragons together for the first time ever... and they produced a Shallow Water Egg! -- with a neat code, too! (otKAZ) -- and I was egg-locked. GAH! I had no idea it might happen on the first try!

AWWWWWRRRRGGGGHHH. Miss my eggy already!

And then I was looking in the biomes *even though* I was egg-locked... and I saw a leetle tree. *mourns further!* The thought had even crossed my mind that maybe I should drop an egg just in case I saw something really spectacular, but I figured no, I wouldn't. Pfft.

Saw a CB Gold at the hourly drop in the desert, and refreshed. It was still there, but when I was about to click on it, I nearly dropped my mouse (it IS on the table). Needless to say, there went 2 months of hard core hunting. Also, whenever I'm egg locked, and check in on the hourly drop, I always see at least 1 CB black, trio, dino, chicken, etc. I click on them, and what else does it way but, You are already overburdened and decide not to stress yourself by taking this egg.

As of now, I'm seeing hatchies everywhere on the AP and can't click on them because I'm scroll locked. You heard right; 12 spots filled. sad.gif

I managed to trade for a messy-lineaged Gold Tinsel a few days ago, and I was paranoid about losing my first Tinsel to sickness. So in my hurry to fog the hatchling, I skipped over "Hide" and clicked "Freeze"(I just picked the first action that started with "f", since I was thinking "fog" rather than "hide"). I should've realized something was off when the popup window said it was ireversible, but my hand clicked before I could think. DX

On the bright side, hatchlings are adorable too. ^^;

Edit: Thank you so much, CDM! I'll be careful with this one.

Edited by Guigneles

Well I just did something stupid. I was hunting the Cave and touched my mousepad when I didn't mean to, thus picking up two common eggs I didn't want. That's my cue to go to sleep. dry.gif

I just accidentally refreshed over several stripes and Nebula dragons in the AP. x.x; gah!!

Edited by AndrewMav

I just remembered that I had fairly recently traded a bred black egg (the only black I've yet bred), and hadn't seen the hatchling, so I went to check on it. Yeah. It's an alt. Maybe "stupid" isn't the best descriptor, but I still regret that I traded it.

Edit:

Just remembered another stupid trade. I bred my first ever metallic silver egg, but it was long and inbred (not because of me), so not really desired. I finally found a trade that I at least considered acceptable, although the account seemed... off. The only adult on the scroll was a magi. I figured, eh, I shouldn't be so paranoid, and this is about the only offer I've gotten, I'll trade anyways. Once the egg hatched, my suspicions were confirmed. It was just a dummy account used to hatch more eggs. It's not that I feel like whoever it was is the worst person ever, I just feel bad that I let them get my rare egg.

Edited by hydrargyrum

Why, oh why, did I choose that moment to turn my head and thus, miss the freaking CB Silver?

I just realised my Gold Tinsel egg was on 21 hours with only 335 views... I stuck it in an ER within about thirty seconds of finding out, but how did I let it get so bad? I hope the little guy's okay, he's my first and I traded a CB Tan Ridgewing for him...

Hmm..

I was at the Coast, saw a "It's bright and pink" one, picked it up and saw it was a flamingo

I was at the Volcano, And I accidentally picked up a crimson.

forgot i bred an egg, and went to the AP right after..."awesome" i thought when i found a cb moonstone and picked it up. needed it. looked at the time, oh! hourly drop soon.

now...stalking the desert and refresh. omg cb black clickkkk...

"You are overburdened..."

WHY. how i forgot that fast how many slots i had left i don't even know...coulda traded the black for like three cb moonstones...dry.gif

yes this happened just now. arrrg.

Bred my 2nd gen tinsel to a 3rd gen with a similar name to the 2nd gen i was looking to breed it to .... AND they gave a bronze egg, those things only give eggs when you don't want them too i think tongue.gif

I wanted an 3rd even gen sad.gif

Bred my 2nd gen tinsel to a 3rd gen with a similar name to the 2nd gen i was looking to breed it to .... AND they gave a bronze egg, those things only give eggs when you don't want them too i think tongue.gif

I wanted an 3rd even gen sad.gif

One of the DC rules is that breeding is 200% successful when you click the wrong mate. tongue.gif

Also, once I couldn't decide whether I want a sunsong or a vine, so I missed them both. PFFF.

Edited by becondethuong1307

Well, I have a new one that can top them all.

My CB Gold DIED today I was at a friend's house working on a project, and decided to show her my scroll. I unfogged everything, and apparently forgot to refog it all. Needless, to say, coming home to a DEAD CB gold was a nasty surprise. I'm killing myself over it right now still.

Well, I have a new one that can top them all.

My CB Gold DIED today I was at a friend's house working on a project, and decided to show her my scroll. I unfogged everything, and apparently forgot to refog it all. Needless, to say, coming home to a DEAD CB gold was a nasty surprise. I'm killing myself over it right now still.

If there was a top ten lust of bad things that could happen on DC, that'd be around the 1-3 worst.

About two years ago, I got my two Reds. . . . Looked at Incubate and was like "OMG! Subtract time?! That'll make it worse!" Curse my newness back then. Didn't use Incubate AT ALL until today because first I was positive I'd kill my eggs, then I pushed my Reds to the bottom of my scroll and forgot about them. Today I was looking at my Silver egg; it wouldn't hatch until 10:00 tomorrow and of course I couldn't use Earthquake. Luckily I recently nabbed a CB Red so I can start breeding them (my adults have ugly lineages and I refuse to breed them). And at least I didn't know what I was missing out on (until today). . . .

Spacing out and tucking an egg into the ER before watching TV and doing homework. My poor dragon has 8000+ views (only 1300 unique) and almost died. Have GOT to stop wandering away when I've got dragons to keep an eye on!

My worst moment to date? Removed a cave blocker and didn't get back in time to pick up a CB Gold which dropped into the slot (which some other very lucky person got) *headesk multiple times*.

Expecting people to connect "Use the link to offer and do not PM me in regards to this trade" to "no, I don't want IOUs."

Expecting people to connect "Use the link to offer and do not PM me in regards to this trade" to "no, I don't want IOUs."

People always do that to me! D:

Seeing a Gold tinsel and being too slow to click. Ah, my reflexes are lost indeed.

Also, missing a CB silver because MY HEAD WAS ITCHY. dry.gif

Why do I always get itchy when something nice pops up?